Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

Well I mean this is a Kopernicus Reparenting issue so I'm not sure what good that will do? In any case I don't have the log anymore and the mod list is quite long if you still want it.

With the reparenting issue you usually see the correct bodies in the sky. It's just a lighting issue.

in your case it seems like either you are not on kerbin, or there's another kerbin orbiting the original one

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! RUUUUUN! :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

There are not enough planet packs to get to 50 :)

On my potato laptop I was able to load all compatible packs at once using "force opengl" so I expect anyone to be able to load all the packs at once. ;)

force opengl doesn't do much when I try it so I rely on ATM. KSP crashes when I try to use GN, but that was to be expected, since my computer runs on an Intel i3-3110M processor (if I remember correctly) with 2.4GHz, so that isn't that much firepower, but it's enough to run KSP with AVP-EoO, OPM, New Horizons and Arkas, and together that's all I need.

And yes, I checked the output_log, and the cause is that KSP has run out of memory. Maybe I'll try it later when I have a stronger computer.

- - - Updated - - -

part of me wonders how many different solar systems i could get working together.... i mean it has to at least be 50 right?

Depends on the power of your computer and the amount of space around the Galactic Core. There's plenty of space now, but with over 50 packs it'll get pretty crowded, and pretty heavy.

how do i use the planet packs with this? where do i put them? just install them normally? or what?

Yeah just install the packs normally ;)

Be careful that some packs redistribute kopernicus, instead of overwriting those folders I would suggest to use the the version downloaded from kopernicus thread

Tell me, how does one get this far out? I've barely been able to get to Eeloo, how will I get past Eeloo's orbit?

Edit: also, when I install Alternis the loading screen gets stuck on the last file...

you'll probably need some mod that adds new engines.

like interstellar, or alcubierre drive, or maybe even near future tech (and a lot of waiting :) )

I will check alternis, maybe the latest release of that mod changed something I am not aware of ;)

you'll probably need some mod that adds new engines.

like interstellar, or alcubierre drive, or maybe even near future tech (and a lot of waiting :) )

I will check alternis, maybe the latest release of that mod changed something I am not aware of ;)

I don't think I changed anything. If I need to change something to make it work again, just tell me. :)

In Alternis, can you give the Duna-Tylo system a barycenter. I think it would make an awesome binary planet, but I'm having some trouble making a config myself.

have you tried using sigmabinary?

if you have, could you pm the config you are using? so that I can suggest you how to make it work?

also, when I install Alternis the loading screen gets stuck on the last file...

I've tested GN + Alternis

It works fine, you may need to wait a bit for Kopernicus to generate all the bin files for Alternis' planets and moons :)

but you will see that issue only on the first time you run GN + Alternis ;)

maybe put a kerbin size vulcanoid in orbit of kseema like alpha centauri Bb https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Centauri_Bb

I'm not sure if I'll add planets to the mod. Maybe after everything else is fixed I may come around to add some planets. But I don't want the planets to be too much interesting, I want to keep the focus on the star systems themselves

I imagine this has been asked (and if I'm understanding the OP properly I probably already have the answer) but how does this interact with OPM? Are the planets put in their own system or do they load into the Kerbin system?

I imagine this has been asked (and if I'm understanding the OP properly I probably already have the answer) but how does this interact with OPM? Are the planets put in their own system or do they load into the Kerbin system?

OPM is loaded on it's own star, called Helios.

the stock system will not be touched by this mod (except for moving it from the center of the universe) :)

Hey Sigma, just an update to my mod: I'll release the new overhauled version of K+ on Christamas day (week maybe?) but I'll be releasing a hotfix this week-end. Be ready to prepare compatibility for the new system.

I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll take a look if I get some time!

Hey, I've decided to make a Kopernicus thing that rearranges the KSP universe to a tight-knit star cluster with a couple of planets each (the idea being that they're close-knit enough that it's easy to transfer between them using conventional propulsion and have few enough planets each that it's necessary to do so). Is it okay if I use code from this mod as example code, not so much that I'm ripping this off code-wise (modulo the fact that there are only so many ways to tell Kopernicus to make a new star) but rather as guiding code so I know how to Kopernicus?

Hey, I've decided to make a Kopernicus thing that rearranges the KSP universe to a tight-knit star cluster with a couple of planets each (the idea being that they're close-knit enough that it's easy to transfer between them using conventional propulsion and have few enough planets each that it's necessary to do so). Is it okay if I use code from this mod as example code, not so much that I'm ripping this off code-wise (modulo the fact that there are only so many ways to tell Kopernicus to make a new star) but rather as guiding code so I know how to Kopernicus?

sure, but be careful that some of the stuff are designed by me to be calculated automatically for every star. ;)

Can you add in _Augustus_'s Stella expansion? It was a really awesome mod when it came out, and it's sad to see that it has fallen to the wayside. It's a really well built system, and with a bit of an update, it really would be a nice touch to the pack.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/102363-Kopernicus-Core-Common-Community-API-Modpack-for-Planet-Creators-Version-1-3

(Bottom of the page)

Can you add in _Augustus_'s Stella expansion? It was a really awesome mod when it came out, and it's sad to see that it has fallen to the wayside. It's a really well built system, and with a bit of an update, it really would be a nice touch to the pack.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/102363-Kopernicus-Core-Common-Community-API-Modpack-for-Planet-Creators-Version-1-3

(Bottom of the page)

That mod is not updated to use kopernicus so it won't work in GalacticNeighborhood

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.