Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

the brightness curves are calculated automatically so those you find in the cfg won't help you... :)

Strange. My first star (ever! yay!) wasn't giving off light until I pasted the brightness curve from one of your cfgs into its cfg.

EDIT: Oh! You meant GN's brightness curves, not Kopernicus's!

EDIT: Maybe not? IDK.

Edited by Whovian

Strange. My first star (ever! yay!) wasn't giving off light until I pasted the brightness curve from one of your cfgs into its cfg.

brightness curve is responsible of the light graphical effect that is generated around/over the star

the curves you find in my configs are either written by KillAshley and then deleted by my MM patch (sorry KillAshley :) ) or the standard brightness curve from kopernicus.

;)

btw you can use KittopiaTech to check/edit your brightness curve if you want to try something different

Ooh! Thanks!

Another quick question - how does one change the corona color? I can't get it to deviate from the ordinary yellow.

you need to change the texture

take a look to any star in GN, they have a section that add the corona ;)

I've always wanted a mod like this. Are you thinking about quantum entanglement for telemetry? I can't imagine you would want a 3 year delay time on your probes. :D

For now I will not work on conpatibility patches for mods other than planet packs.

And if I had to do something like what you are proposing, it probably wouldn't come out very good.

One of the reasons I made this mod was to give modders a reason to build their own mods intended for interstellar stuff.

For example, there's really no reason to have interstellar spacecrafts if you cant go interstellar.

I have already seen someone proposing some weird RT communication system for distant stars, but I can't remember where

I just installed this mod to check it out, together with the Asclepius pack.

It seems to work ... But something seems weird. These extra points are all named like XZ1, YZ1, XY1, ... etc

GADRDm0.png

I also got stars named like "SolFAKE", "CercaniFAKE" ... ?!

jvunneq.png

Is this normal? Or did I do something wrong during installation?

I just installed this mod to check it out, together with the Asclepius pack.

It seems to work ... But something seems weird. These extra points are all named like XZ1, YZ1, XY1, ... etc

http://i.imgur.com/GADRDm0.png

I also got stars named like "SolFAKE", "CercaniFAKE" ... ?!

http://i.imgur.com/jvunneq.png

Is this normal? Or did I do something wrong during installation?

you downloaded the dev.version :)

those weird extra points are my SphereOfInfluence markers to make sure that the stars do not overlap :D

to download the released version you need to go here

https://github.com/Sigma88/Galactic-Neighborhood/releases/latest

PS: I am about to release version 0.0.7 :)

Galactic Neighborhood Alpha v0.0.7

Download

[TABLE=width: 100]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]5IdGJ3n.png

@GitHub

devBuild-%40GitHub-lightgrey.svg

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

report issues here

Changelog

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]

[B]v0.0.7[/B]

- Added compatibility with Arkas
- Added compatibility with New Horizons
- Added compatibility with Sido's Urania System
- Removed StockFix.cfg since it wasn't used

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Woo! Awesome! Thank you so much!

thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying the mod :)

Could you make albums of the stars and their corresponding planet packs?

the systems are still in flux as of now :)

maybe when the mod is finished I will make more screenshots ;)

Edited by Sigma88

you downloaded the dev.version :)

those weird extra points are my SphereOfInfluence markers to make sure that the stars do not overlap :D

to download the released version you need to go here

https://github.com/Sigma88/Galactic-Neighborhood/releases/latest

PS: I am about to release version 0.0.7 :)

Oh yes I see, I downloaded the dev version. Thank you. :D

I've looked through this thread in depth and through several other threads and I am curious about what the current bug situation is for this mod? There isn't an up to date bug thread on the OP that I can see.

I know there was an issue with solar panels but I believe that has been fixed with the hotfix on Kopernicus.

There have also been issues with views in the KSC, but I don't know where that is at.

Also there is an issue with the SOI so that it is impossible to orbit suns?

And finally adding this to an existing save will displace (and promptly destroy probably) crafts currently in flight.

Is there anything else I am missing?

I've looked through this thread in depth and through several other threads and I am curious about what the current bug situation is for this mod? There isn't an up to date bug thread on the OP that I can see.

I know there was an issue with solar panels but I believe that has been fixed with the hotfix on Kopernicus.

There have also been issues with views in the KSC, but I don't know where that is at.

Also there is an issue with the SOI so that it is impossible to orbit suns?

And finally adding this to an existing save will displace (and promptly destroy probably) crafts currently in flight.

Is there anything else I am missing?

For now all major issues are kopernicus issues so I didn't bother listing them on the main thread.

The issues that I remember are:

1 - Solar Panels Do Not Work

This is a Kopernicus issue, different from the one you were remembering, this has something to do with multiple stars.

No idea when this be solved, for sure at least after 1.0.5 since there are some features that will help fixing the issue iirc.

2 - reparenting kerbin bugs

A bunch of weird kopernicus bugs related to the reparenting of kerbin. No idea when/if those will be solved.

3 - adding and removing planet packs messes up the game

Since kopernicus recalculates the id of the planets every time the game is started, adding new planets will mess up those id. And since planets change id, crafts will show up in weird places

---

I don't know which SoI bug you are taking about. As far as I know navigation should be fine almost everywhere.

One exception being the m-kel system. I still need to implement an overheating "wall" to avoid people getting to close to those stars.

Other missing features are:

- Fixing heatcurves for every star

- Fixing descriptions for the stars

- Adding more planet packs

- fix science multipliers and defs

there is probably something I am forgetting :)

3 - adding and removing planet packs messes up the game

Since kopernicus recalculates the id of the planets every time the game is started, adding new planets will mess up those id. And since planets change id, crafts will show up in weird places

This should be a relatively easily solvable problem. Can't they just replace the Id by a GUID?

Hey could you add Kerbol Plus? We got a stable enought release so I think it's ready to be intergrated.

Hi amarius1, I think I'll ask KillAshley to take a look at K+ to see what we may do to make it compatible with GN, since he knows the system better than I do.

Also, I thought you wanted to wait for 2.4 before adding compatibility for GN. But maybe I got that wrong

Any plans to add this to CKAN, like your other wonderful mods?

I think those guys would kill themselves if I just proposed putting this on CKAN. :D

jokes aside, for now the mod is still in flux so I won't ask for CKAN support.

Since CKAN is open to anyone to edit, there's always the possibility that someone will add the metadata for GN :)

anyway, I always try to make the installation/uninstallation process as easy as possible. ;)

bro can your machine even handle this mod?

With all the planet packs installed...

Surprisingly, yes :)

I don't even use ATM. just force OpenGL.

And I'm working on a laptop so it's not like I have a supercomputer :)

Anyways, most of the times I don't need to have all the planet packs installed. I work on my dev version that forces all stars to be generated even if the planet packs are not installed. That allows me to have quicker loading screens.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.