Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

Hey, I only wrote that because without GN, it worked fine within the home system. That's why I thought it was GN's faul, not Kopernicus'. Geez... And you know what? I checked the Kopernicus thread, where people said so far it worked fine for them, the only problem was water was not simulated. I'm not throwing blame on anyone here, I just wanted the Dev to know what's happening in case it was something fixable on their side.

Edited by M4ck

I will not update GN to 1.0.5 for now.

The code will probably require major changes so you should stick with 1.0.4

If you still want to try it out with 1.0.5 feel free to pm me the bugs :)

So we keep the thread clean and I can keep track of the problems ;)

I will not update GN to 1.0.5 for now.

The code will probably require major changes so you should stick with 1.0.4

If you still want to try it out with 1.0.5 feel free to pm me the bugs :)

So we keep the thread clean and I can keep track of the problems ;)

Well thank you, there goes my life. I only just updated to 1.0.5 4 hours ago.

Im completely avoiding Kopernicus for the meantime due to the buoyancy bugs since I'm now a submersible pod fan :)

Great to hear that it will be updated for 1.1!! Less laggy game for me!!

Well thank you, there goes my life. I only just updated to 1.0.5 4 hours ago.

Im completely avoiding Kopernicus for the meantime due to the buoyancy bugs since I'm now a submersible pod fan :)

Great to hear that it will be updated for 1.1!! Less laggy game for me!!

I'm not saying I won't update the mod to 1.0.5

But I will at least wait for kopernicus 0.5 to be released ;)

[quote name='quasarrgames']SO COOL! :D

Questions though:
1- can i run it with no other mods with 4gb of ram?
2- what does galactic core look like?[/QUOTE]

1- easily, it doesn't require much ram honestly... If you don't install any planet packs you will only get the base 6 star systems

2- there's nothing to see. just a black dot. I've made it the most boring thing possible on purpose, to not steal the focus off of the star systems

keep in mind that I didn't have the time to check if everything works fine using Ksp 1.0.5 and Kopernicus 0.5

so for now the official compatibility is at "ksp 1.0.4 and Kopernicus 0.4"

Hey guys, just installed this Mod. And got a serious Problem. My Solarpanels dont gain electricity. They are facing to a star from another solarsystem i think.
i read this too:
[url]https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/90[/url]

can i chance the source where my panels get there energy from. or what else should i do.

Thanks

Edit:

What i want to ask. Since the panel bug is a problem with copernicus and on the 14th was a new version of copernicus released, is there any hope that they work now?! Edited by JohnMcLane

[quote name='JohnMcLane']Hey guys, just installed this Mod. And got a serious Problem. My Solarpanels dont gain electricity. They are facing to a star from another solarsystem i think.
i read this too:
[URL]https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/90[/URL]

can i chance the source where my panels get there energy from. or what else should i do.

Thanks

Edit:

What i want to ask. Since the panel bug is a problem with copernicus and on the 14th was a new version of copernicus released, is there any hope that they work now?![/QUOTE]

hi there,

since I am a little busy irl I didn't get the time to update GN to be compatible with KSP 1.0.5 and Kopernicus 0.5 yet.

the solar panel issue is a kopernicus issue (not solved as 0.4), there was nothing I could have done about it.

now that Kopernicus 0.5 has released I think it added some changes to those features, but I have yet to try it out so I cannot promise you anything.

my goal is to make everything work, I'll just need some time to see if all the features are available ;)

cheers

Sigma

Hey let me start first by saying this is a great mod and I'm excited to see where it goes. I've just added it to my game and added one of the star systems that was listed on the original post and it looks really cool. I would like to get a ship there if I could and go visit the surface of some of these new planets and moons if I could though. The problem I'm having right now is not that it takes ages to get to these other stars but that my ship always explodes before I can officially get into orbit of these distant stars. I waited for hours to get to Helios and once I was to the point I could bring the ship around and burn retrograde, it exploded.

How do I get to these distant stars and not explode?

[quote name='advil']Hey let me start first by saying this is a great mod and I'm excited to see where it goes. I've just added it to my game and added one of the star systems that was listed on the original post and it looks really cool. I would like to get a ship there if I could and go visit the surface of some of these new planets and moons if I could though. The problem I'm having right now is not that it takes ages to get to these other stars but that my ship always explodes before I can officially get into orbit of these distant stars. I waited for hours to get to Helios and once I was to the point I could bring the ship around and burn retrograde, it exploded.

How do I get to these distant stars and not explode?[/QUOTE]

hi there,

since I'm a bit busy in real life right now I didn't get the time to bring GN up to date with the current versions of KSP and Kopernicus

so you should play this mod on a KSP 1.0.4 install with Kopernicus 0.4

I never had problems of ships exploding in KSP 1.0.4 so I assume you are using KSP 1.0.5 + Kopernicus 0.5.2

sadly there were some changes to how stars work so basically I will need to completely overhaul this mod :D

(and then probably it'll be broken again when 1.1 releases :S )

Last%20Release-November%207%2C%202015-re Galactic-Neighborhood.svg KSP-1.0.4-orange.svg CKAN-Indexed-brightgreen.svg dev.version-%40GitHub-lightgrey.svg total.svg

Galactic Neighborhood

Loading Multiple Planet Packs in the Same Game

AY5FB1Sm.gif
click on the image to see the animated gif

The basic idea behind this mod is this:

1 - to create a structure where it's simple to add additional star systems to KSP
2 - to add some cool multiple star systems inspired to real life ones
3 - to make each planet pack load on a different star system

This is an alpha version, so keep in mind that:

- You should back up your saves
- There will be bugs, report them in the thread
- Some features are still missing or not complete

Not all the existing planet packs are supported at the moment, if there are any that you would like to see implemented point them out to me and I'll try to add compatibility for each one of them. Rescale packs (such as Kerbol10x or even RSS) will not be introduced for now because they would require parts completely different from the ones required on the standard planets.

Dependencies

This mod requires both 
Kopernicus and Module Manager to work.

Texture Replacer is not tecnically a requirement, but it'll fix a minor bug into the science archives.

Supported Mods

Compatible with KSP-AVC

Supported Planet Packs

Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered will load in orbit around a Sun-like orange star named Alternis.

Arkas will load in orbit around an F-type main sequence star named Osmis.

Asclepius will load in orbit around a blue sub-giant named Tyfon. (shared with Kronkus)

Boris System will load in orbit around a Red Dwarf named Blotch.

Chani Planet Pack will load in orbit around a blue-white main sequence star named Lapiun.

Jungis Planet pack will load in orbit around an A7V star named Eol.

Kerbol Plus/Kerbol Plus Remade will load in orbit around a Sun-like yellow main sequence star called Kerbol.

Keridani star system will load in orbit around the Galactic Core to fit with the other star systems.

Kronkus will load in orbit around a blue sub-giant named Tyfon. (shared with Asclepius)

New Horizons will load in orbit around a blue main sequence star named Horizon.

OtherWorlds star system will load in orbit around the Galactic Core to fit with the other star systems.

Outer Planets Mod will load in orbit around a Sun-like yellow main sequence star named Helios.

PluronKhato will load in orbit around a G8V star named Lux that orbits a B5V star named Umbra.

Real Solar System (a shrinked version) will load in orbit around a G2V main sequence yellow dwarf named Sol.

Rhats's Planet pack will load in orbit around a white dwarf named Hyperdon.

RSSExpansion (a shrinked version) will load around the same star as Real Solar System.

Sentar Expansion will load in orbit around a red giant named Sloof.

Sido's Urania Planet Pack will load in orbit around a Sun-like yellow main sequence star named Sido.

Sylandro's Planet Warehouse will load in orbit around an orange main sequence star named Daneel.

Trans-Keptunian will load in orbit around a brown dwarf named Plide.

Coming Soon

(not available yet) Uncharted Lands will load in orbit around an orange main sequence star.

Download

5IdGJ3n.png
@GitHub

devBuild-%40GitHub-lightgrey.svg

report issues here

What NOT to ask for (at least for now)

1 - Compatibility with other Galaxy mods
2 - Compatibility with rescale mods or RSS
3 - Compatibility with Planet Packs that have major issues
4 - To load more than one Planet Pack onto the same Star system
5 - To make any changes to the Stock System
6 - To fix other mods' bugs

Changelog

Code:
v0.0.8

- Added compatibility with Jungis Planet Pack
- Added compatibility with Keridani star system
- Added compatibility with Kerbol Plus
- Added compatibility with Kerbol Plus Remade
- Added compatibility with Rhat's Planet Pack
- Added compatibility with RSS Planets & Moons expanded
- Added compatibility with Sigma: PluronKhato

v0.0.7

- Added compatibility with Arkas
- Added compatibility with New Horizons
- Added compatibility with Sido's Urania System
- Removed StockFix.cfg since it wasn't used

v0.0.6

- Fixed compatibility with RSS
- Fixed a bug of particles effect on stars

v0.0.5

- Added compatibility with Kronkus Planet Pack
- Added compatibility with Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered
- Automatic generation of Particles effect for every star
- First attempt at rescale compatibility, use at own risk
- Force Kerbin to be the starting screen body
- Fixed small bug in powerCurve generation
- Fixed corona texture of the stock Sun

v0.0.4

- Now Requires Kopernicus 0.4.0
- Added compatibility with RSS
- Added compatibility with Sylandro's Planet Warehouse
- Added compatibility with finalizeOrbits
- Binary systems can now be removed from the GN stars (optional)
- Rearranged folder structure
- Preparing to add compatibility with rescale mods.
- Automatic generation of BrightnessCurves for all stars
- Automatic generation of powerCurve for all stars
- Increased barycenters' radius to 61 meters
- Fixed Cloud compatibility for OPM system

v0.0.3

- Now Requires Kopernicus 0.3.3
- Added compatibility with ChaniSystem
- Added compatibility with OtherWorlds
- Added compatibility with Sentar Expansion

v0.0.2

- Moved into GalacticNeighborhood folder
- Added KSP-AVC compatibility
- Now Requires Kopernicus 0.3.1
- Added particles to Algok B
- Added compatibility with Asclepius 
- Added compatibility with BorisSystem
- Added compatibility with OPM
- Added compatibility with TransKeptunian

v0.0.1

- First Public Alpha

Star Systems Overview

Galactic Core

This is the center of the Galaxy, all the stars orbit around this point in space.
However, all the star systems will be added in the same region of space, making it pointless to venture out to the Galactic Core.

Real Life Analogue: None

Sun

This is the Stock KSP system, your game will start from here.
No changes were made to the system, other than moving it to orbit the Galactic Core.

Real Life Analogue: Sol

Prok-Kseema

This is the closest star system to the Sun. It's a binary system of two stars.

Prok,which is a Sun-like main-sequence yellow star, and Kseema a main-sequence orange star slightly smaller and less luminous than the Sun.

Real Life Analogue: Alpha Centauri

Kpol

This star is very close to Kerbin's south celestial pole, making it the south pole star.

Kpol is a Yellow Supergiant 4.5 times more massive and 40 times larger than the Sun.

Real Life Analogue: α UMi

K-Stor

This Star system is one of my favourites, 6 stars can be found orbiting in a complex system of orbits.

The stars are divided in 3 binary pairs:

1 - the binary pair K-Stor A which includes K-Stor Aa (a main sequence blue-white star) and K-Stor Ab (a main sequence red dwarf)
2 - the binary pair K-Stor B which includes K-Stor Ba (a main sequence blue-white star) and K-Stor Bb (a main sequence red dwarf)

K-Stor A and K-Stor B orbit each other (binary binaries) the four star together are called K-Stor AB.

3 - the binary pair K-Stor C which includes K-Stor Ca and K-Stor Bb (two main sequence red dwarf)

K-Stor C orbits K-Stor AB at a greater distance.

I had to resist the tempation to call this system Starception.

Real Life Analogue: Castor

Algok

This is not an ordinary binary system, the more massive component Algok A is still in the main sequence, while the less massive Algol B is a subgiant star at a later evolutionary stage. Since components of a binary star form at the same time something weird must be going on here.

Real Life Analogue: Algol

M-Kel

This is a Triple system of three stars all orbiting the same barycenter in a figure 8 orbit.

M-Kel A, M-Kel B and M-Kel C are three white dwarfs with the same mass as the Sun and the same radius as Kerbin.

Real Life Analogue: None found yet

Acknowledgements

Developers

- KillAshley Star models
- Sigma88 the boring bits

Credits

- Sarbian & Co. for ModuleManager
- Thomas P. & Co. for Kopernicus
- shaw for Texture Replacer
- Tynrael for TR tips
- cybutek for KSP-AVC
- Olympic1 for his help troubleshooting/proofreading some of the code
- 
Many Others who I may have missed, they'll be added as soon as I remember k_smiley.gif

License

88x31.png

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been slaving away for the last few weeks trying to get Kerbal Galaxy 2 to work well on both my linux and windows systems and it just was not working. Then I check this mod out and it works right off the bat, and I'm loving it. I'm also loving the careful consideration you're putting into mod compatibility. 

I was surprised when I saw my outer planets mod move somewhere else. Now I have to think of a way to also have the OPM on the regular system, or try to download another pack that's good for kerbol

1 hour ago, Tapetty said:

So I've been slaving away for the last few weeks trying to get Kerbal Galaxy 2 to work well on both my linux and windows systems and it just was not working. Then I check this mod out and it works right off the bat, and I'm loving it. I'm also loving the careful consideration you're putting into mod compatibility. 

I was surprised when I saw my outer planets mod move somewhere else. Now I have to think of a way to also have the OPM on the regular system, or try to download another pack that's good for kerbol

you can add your own config to move every OPM body around the stock system.

It should be something that looks like this:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body[Sarnus]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@referenceBody = StockSun
		}
	}
	@Body[Urlum]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
		}
	}
	@Body[Neidon]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
		}
	}
	@Body[Plock]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
		}
	}
}

but keep in mind that I didn't get the time to update this mod to the latest versions of KSP and Kopernicus. So it may have some bugs. (even more than those it had before :D )

If it interests anyone here, I've put together a patch that adds compatibility for Uncharted Lands:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32838648/Galactic%20Neighborhood%20Uncharted%20Lands%20Patch.zip

It has a few issues (as detailed in the readme file) but it's generally good enough for anyone who's too impatient to wait for official support!

8 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I'm not updating GN for now. when I will update it (no date yet) I will add your mod if it works without major bugs ;)

Well I made sure it has no major bugs... KillAshley would have been allready screaming that he heard about some nasty bugs if there were any... Lol XD

1 hour ago, amarius1 said:

Well I made sure it has no major bugs... @KillAshley would have been allready screaming that he heard about some nasty bugs if there were any... Lol XD

well, I usually ask him to double check the packs I want to add to GN anyways :)

he seem to have a good eye for those kind of things

8 hours ago, bubbyboytoo said:

If it interests anyone here, I've put together a patch that adds compatibility for Uncharted Lands:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32838648/Galactic%20Neighborhood%20Uncharted%20Lands%20Patch.zip

It has a few issues (as detailed in the readme file) but it's generally good enough for anyone who's too impatient to wait for official support!

Sigma already has a WIP in the dev version, however it's not in the official yet.

1 hour ago, amarius1 said:

Well I made sure it has no major bugs... KillAshley would have been allready screaming that he heard about some nasty bugs if there were any... Lol XD

I would be screaming? perhaps i have just got tired of trying to get through to you. I'm sure i can find something if i actually look at the cfgs. I'll look into it anyway at some point

35 minutes ago, KillAshley said:

Sigma already has a WIP in the dev version, however it's not in the official yet.

I would be screaming? perhaps i have just got tired of trying to get through to you. I'm sure i can find something if i actually look at the cfgs. I'll look into it anyway at some point

Well... They certainly are not the most organised... but they work good for now. I'll try to clean and comment them later today...

• 2 weeks later...

I was wandering if, when i finish goliox (i havnt even started it yet, but i have a good idea of what it will be), I was wandering if it could be the closest object to the galactic core, Why do i ask this even if its a PLANET pack?

Well, Goliox will live up to its name - A planet the size of jool, but its rocky, and has the same density of kerbin

Why around the galactic core?

Long story short: Goliox should be star

Long story long: Kerbin is the kerbal anologue of earth (obveusly) and jool is the kerbal anologue of jupitar. When i looked into what it would be like in universe sandbox 2, i desided to go full scale - I took jupitar, Locked its size, Gave it the density of earth, And what do you know? The size changes. I did copy jupitars original size, and pasted it on, Eventully, once it got properly scaled - it wasnt a planet, IT WAS A F***ING STAR!!!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.