Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

1 hour ago, BruinKiller said:

Looks like fun. Any idea when you'll get to updating it? (no pressure lol).

I'm in a bit of an IRL mess right now :)

I hope I will be able to come around and fix this, I am most likely going to make it compatible it with SigmaDimensions most likely, so that anyone can choose the scale of the universe :)

Edited by Sigma88

• 3 weeks later...

So I tried it with 1.0.5 (without any planet packs) and it seems to work fine, except... Algok A seems to be orbiting around nothing. Algok B just isn't there: 

hy9uMa0.png?1

Maybe it's been already eaten, maybe stolen or completely erased from all of spacetime, whatever, but it means that there is a pretty sizeable star missing and Algok A is defying laws of physics.

No idea why it's happening, as I said, everything else seems ok.

34 minutes ago, Tubusus said:

So I tried it with 1.0.5 (without any planet packs) and it seems to work fine, except... Algok A seems to be orbiting around nothing. Algok B just isn't there: 

Maybe it's been already eaten, maybe stolen or completely erased from all of spacetime, whatever, but it means that there is a pretty sizeable star missing and Algok A is defying laws of physics.

thank you for letting me know, the Algok issue is probably related to the fact that it is an oblate star, I can't say for sure.

I am working on my PhD thesis right now so I don't have much time to fix this mod, but once I gain back some of my free time I'll come around to check what needs to be fixed on this.

If you find other bugs feel free to open github issues for them, that will help me keeping track of what needs to be done

I can confirm the issue with Algok. I also already had the Outer Planets Mod and the Other Worlds Mod installed. Those two appear to working just fine from the map view at max time acceleration. Haven't downloaded the other supported planet packs yet. Other than the known issue with Algok, I see no reason for me to uninstall this mod yet. Good luck on your PhD and will patiently await the update.

2 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Is it possible to put planets around the neighboring stars of the mod?

depends what you mean :)

if you have some planets, and want them to orbit that star, it's pretty easy to just write a mm patch that will move them there.

if you mean add planets to that star in the mod, first I will need to get around ad fix the mod for 1.0.5

I always had plans to add some boring planets to the star systems in GN.

they will need to be boring because I want the stars to be focus of the mod, the planets will be there just to give you somewhere to land in order to get cool screenshots :)

On 1/30/2016 at 0:24 PM, Tubusus said:

hy9uMa0.png?1

7 hours ago, MachoCyclone said:

I can confirm the issue with Algok. I also already had the Outer Planets Mod and the Other Worlds Mod installed. Those two appear to working just fine from the map view at max time acceleration. Haven't downloaded the other supported planet packs yet. Other than the known issue with Algok, I see no reason for me to uninstall this mod yet. Good luck on your PhD and will patiently await the update.

I've uploaded a prerelease that should solve this issue

I would like to report the AlcubierreDrive in KSPI-E is now improved. You now have fixed warp speed gear which allows you to travel from 1% to 100 times the speed of light. This is done in a balanced way.  the faster or slower the players whiches to travel than the speed of light, the more Warp power is needed. IN effect, the faster you travel, the more efficient traveling will be. Warp power is created by a combination of Warp Drive strength en electric power. Besides that you need to have Warp Power to Mass higher than 1. The warp engines also allows adjustment of speed and direction during warp.

Edited by FreeThinker

28 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I would like to report the AlcubierreDrive in KSPI-E is now improved. You now have fixed warp speed gear which allows you to travel from 1% to 100 times the speed of light. This is done in a balanced way.  the faster or slower the players whiches to travel than the speed of light, the more Warp power is needed. IN effect, the faster you travel, the more efficient traveling will be. Warp power is created by a combination of Warp Drive strength en electric power. Besides that you need to have Warp Power to Mass higher than 1. The warp engines also allows adjustment of speed and direction during warp.

cool :)

I'm working on GN right now, I need to fix a couple of things in Sigma Binary and then I will finish bug-checking GN

4 hours ago, TheJangleMan said:

Hey, I'm Reviving KerbalGalaxies, I'd LOVE IT if it was added into this, but I also need a team to help with content for it :/ and my test version is very unstable, I mean VEERY unstable 

Hi, I think kerbal galaxy had a completely different approach to the concept of galaxy, one that would not mix well with GN

Plus, installing both mods would bring a lot of compatibility issues that I would have to fix and I don't really have the time nor the interest of doing it.

If you want to take care of compatibility on your part so that when installing GN + KG everything works, for me is ok. ;)

11 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Hi, I think kerbal galaxy had a completely different approach to the concept of galaxy, one that would not mix well with GN

Plus, installing both mods would bring a lot of compatibility issues that I would have to fix and I don't really have the time nor the interest of doing it.

If you want to take care of compatibility on your part so that when installing GN + KG everything works, for me is ok. ;)

I'll see what I can do. 

Also, thanks for replying...

1 hour ago, TheJangleMan said:

I think you should make the center piece the black hole from my mod :) only if you want to though..... I have a LOT of work to do

you can just delete my center piece with a patch in your mod

before you add your center piece add a line that say:

!Body[Sun]:NEEDS[GalacticNeighborhood] {}

you need to apply it at the right time otherwise the final result will be messed up.

my center piece is defined at :FOR[SGN]

Edited by Sigma88

7 minutes ago, Athur Dent said:

Is there any method on setting this mod up with KSP 1.0.5 and the latest kopernikus ATM?

I tried it, and i just get the stock solar system, without any new stars....

i would really love t try out this mod

Have you got your towel with you? :D

jokes aside

I'm working on the update, but people reported the latest version was working with very few issues. you may have some other problems.

you could try to download the dev version, but I'm constantly updating that one and it's not guaranteed to work

you can find the dev version here

2 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:
12 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

you can just delete my center piece with a patch in your mod

before you add your center piece add a line that say:

!Body[Sun]:NEEDS[GalacticNeighborhood] {}

you need to apply it at the right time otherwise the final result will be messed up.

my center piece is defined at :FOR[SGN]

so, should I edit my code or your code? XD

2 minutes ago, TheJangleMan said:

@Sigma88 I'm going to re-code my mod, and then make it so it can just be dragged into your mod :P 

however you prefer :)

I just ask you to not bundle anything from this mod into yours. if you want it to work alongside GN ppl will have to download them separately and install both.

4 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

however you prefer :)

I just ask you to not bundle anything from this mod into yours. if you want it to work alongside GN ppl will have to download them separately and install both.

no no no, nothing from your mod will go into mine, I'm just going to make a seperate download link that you just drag the files that contain only my stuff in my mod into the file that your planets and crap are located, but if you think this is a bad idea, tell me... :P

Just now, TheJangleMan said:

no no no, nothing from your mod will go into mine, I'm just going to make a seperate download link that you just drag the files that contain only my stuff in my mod into the file that your planets and crap are located, but if you think this is a bad idea, tell me... :P

no that's perfect :D

a couple of words of advice:

1- I'm currently working on bringing up to speed GN to 1.0.5 and the new version is a bit different from the old one, download the dev.version if you want to see the new stuff, but be warned that it's constantly being updated. you can follow it on github to see what changes I apply

2- the code is a bit convoluted and it fits together with my other mods like a puzzle, if you are having issues linked to how GN works feel free to ask for suggestions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.