Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

I'm assuming this is a problem with a Kraken, but I shot out of the Kerbol System with 100,000,000x time warp thanks to BetterTimeWarp, and I split into a million pieces. I suppose it's because I switch SOI at almost 300,000x warp, but is this a known bug?

7 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

I'm assuming this is a problem with a Kraken, but I shot out of the Kerbol System with 100,000,000x time warp thanks to BetterTimeWarp, and I split into a million pieces. I suppose it's because I switch SOI at almost 300,000x warp, but is this a known bug?

I have never experienced it, but ksp always dials back time warp on the soi changes, so I think you should try crossing them at lower warp :)

My requests;

A Cyg X1 analog

To support the Stella expansion mod

To support the Porp gas giant system

To support Kerbal minor bodies mod

To support Kemesis Mod

To make the galactic core into a supermassive black hole

To support 10x Kerbal system

To support Custom Asteroids.

To add a UY Scuti analog

To support terrestrial planets pack.

To support extrasolar: Planets beyond kerbol.

Edited by saturnsrings

hi @saturnsrings

for now I don't plan to add new star systems into the base lineup of GN

plus, Algok is somewhat similar to the CygX1 system and regarding UY Scuti, Kpol is as big as stars can get into KSP, it's already too big actually, and that's the reason why Kpol can't have any planets orbiting it.

Plus, I guess you can already consider the galactic core a supermassive black hole. the body itself is dull on purpose, the focus of the mod is the Neighborhood :) 

so this solves:

1 hour ago, saturnsrings said:

A Cyg X1 analog            To add a UY Scuti analog               To make the galactic core into a supermassive black hole

Regarding custom asteroids, I think those packs that use custom asteroids should work fine in GN. if you are having some problems let me know

10x kerbal system is just a rescale of the stock system and it wouldn't make sense to have 2 identical systems with one just being 10 times bigger,

that's also why I scale RSS down to be the same size as every other planet pack

if you want to play on a 10x system you can try installing SigmaDimensions and rescale the whole Galaxy by 10x (I haven't tried it so it may have some issues)

any rescale mod other than sigma-dimensions is likely to break horribly on GN, and for how those mods are written you would have to ask the developers of those mods to make them compatible with GN since I can't get around some of the limitations

and these are also done:

1 hour ago, saturnsrings said:

To make the galactic core into a supermassive black hole

To support 10x Kerbal system

To support Custom Asteroids.

Regarding the planet packs you suggested:

• Stella expansion, Porp gas giant, Kerbal minor bodies and terrestrial planets pack - Do not use kopernicus so I cannot add them
  • Kemesis - is not downloadable yet
  • extrasolar: Planets beyond kerbol - I am in contact with the mod's dev and I plan to add it to the GN if we can find a good setup for it :)

I hope this answer your long list of suggestions

Edited by Sigma88

9 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

hi @saturnsrings

plus, Algok is somewhat similar to the CygX1 system and regarding UY Scuti, Kpol is as big as stars can get into KSP, it's already too big actually, and that's the reason why Kpol can't have any planets orbiting it.

Plus, I guess you can already consider the galactic core a supermassive black hole. the body itself is dull on purpose, the focus of the mod is the Neighborhood :) 

so this solves:

Regarding custom asteroids, I think those packs that use custom asteroids should work fine in GN. if you are having some problems let me know

10x kerbal system is just a rescale of the stock system and it wouldn't make sense to have 2 identical systems with one just being 10 times bigger,

if you want to play on a 10x system you can try installing SigmaDimensions and rescale the whole Galaxy by 10x (I haven't tried it so it may have some issues)

any rescale mod other than sigma-dimensions is likely to break horribly on GN, and for how those mods are written you would have to ask the developers of those mods to make them compatible with GN since I can't get around some of the limitations

and these are also done:

• Stella expansion, Porp gas giant, Kerbal minor bodies and terrestrial planets pack - Do not use kopernicus so I cannot add them
  • extrasolar: Planets beyond kerbol - I am in contact with the mod's dev and I plan to add it to the GN if we can find a good setup for it :)

Thanks. I thought those planet packs used kopernicus because when I saw them, they said they require kopernicus.

29 minutes ago, saturnsrings said:

Thanks. I thought those planet packs used kopernicus because when I saw them, they said they require kopernicus.

They use kopernicus tech which was what planet makers had to use before the current version of kopernicus was released

Edited by Sigma88

12 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

hi @saturnsrings

so this solves:

and these are also done:

I am thinking about bringing Stella back once I learn how to manipulate PQS, but as an analog for Barnard's Star. 

3 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

Would it be possible for you to release this mod with every planet pack included? So if I want to have every pack I don't have to install them manually...

I am against that sort of things

I hate it when people redistribute my stuff and I would hate to have to release a new GN every time a planet pack gets updated :)

14 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

hi @saturnsrings

so this solves:

and these are also done:

I got some good news. I just checked the forum page for the Stella expansion, and @_Augustus_ just announced that he's going to bring back both Stella and planetfactory's Serious expansions with full GN compatibility.

2 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

I am thinking about bringing Stella back once I learn how to manipulate PQS, but as an analog for Barnard's Star. 

I can't wait to finally play with that planet pack again :D

1 hour ago, iliketrains0pwned said:

I got some good news. I just checked the forum page for the Stella expansion, and @_Augustus_ just announced that he's going to bring back both Stella and planetfactory's Serious expansions with full GN compatibility.

I can't wait to finally play with that planet pack again :D

No, I'm just using the name Serious. The Serious in the Stella Expansion was very different from the PFCE one.

7 hours ago, BT Industries said:

Love this mod!!!

Cant wait for a 1.1 update.

57 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

AFAIK it may work with the latest Kopernicus :wink: haven't tried.

If you are ok with playing GN without SigmaBinary (yuk!) I think GN should load fine, some of the planet packs might not work tho....

Not sure if this is a GN issue, or an issue on the contract side of thing, but early on in a new game; around the time I get my first "Explore Minimus" contract I get a contract for flying by the Prok

OPM, Trans-Keptunian packs installed.

I'll do a bit more digging, and see if I can nail it down if/when I get it again.

57 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Ksp gives very little access to contracts modifications and I never looked much into it honestly.

Is this impairing your gameplay or is it just a matter of rejecting/ignoring some contracts?

It's not impairing gameplay at all; just the rejecting/ignoring.

extrasolar: Planets beyond kerbol - I am in contact with the mod's dev and I plan to add it to the GN if we can find a good setup for it :)

Interestingly I dropped i in on a whim and it seems to load, though the one time I checked some of the moons were missing, but it's *way* out there.  Which I don't necessarily consider a bad thing....

Anyone have a map view of the Neighborhood they can post.

I am looking to add GN and having problems deciphering the OP as too what additions of certain planets packs will do.

What I want is Kerbol system to be unchanged and to add two or three additional sun systems. My problem is that OP lists the planet packs with attached stars without really saying this changes the base system or not.

I may just be being thick but what I under stand is that 4 systems are added in the base mod, and planets are added by packs... please educate this poor lost soul.

Alacrity

6 hours ago, alacrity said:

Anyone have a map view of the Neighborhood they can post.

I am looking to add GN and having problems deciphering the OP as too what additions of certain planets packs will do.

What I want is Kerbol system to be unchanged and to add two or three additional sun systems. My problem is that OP lists the planet packs with attached stars without really saying this changes the base system or not.

I may just be being thick but what I under stand is that 4 systems are added in the base mod, and planets are added by packs... please educate this poor lost soul.

Alacrity

Each planet pack you install will have its own star

The stock system will remain untouched (except that it will not be the center of the universe anymore)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.