Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

1 hour ago, Jiraiyah said:

@Sigma88

Hi sir, sorry for sending this log way too late, i was in vacation and didn't have access to my pc at office, if you recall in your Pluron Khato thread I mentioned that MM throws and error and you asked for a cleaner log file, so why am i sending it here? take a look :

http://prntscr.com/dqoxpw

I think the config has some issue on galactic neighbor itself?

here is the new log file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssa7dca82ghh2e3/output_log.txt?dl=0

Right now these are the only mods i have : Squad, GalacticNeighborhood, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, sigma Binary, sigma Dimensions, and sigma PluronKhato

thanks for your attention.

I think I know what's going on, SD deletes the mass definition and replaces it with geeASL that's what's causing the error

I'll have to fix GN for not accounting for that, I have no idea how much that will take me since I'm not in the country right now :)

26 minutes ago, zanie420 said:

Tried GN again and Kerbin is still 'cloaked'. However it did move the Origins planets to another star. Any ideas @Sigma88

I would need logs to have any clue what's going on

Last time I tried it worked

I can check again but I don't think it will break this time if last time it worked.

The only suggestion I can give you now is to try a clean install of the game with no mods except for gn and requirements

24 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I can check again but I don't think it will break this time if last time it worked.

The only suggestion I can give you now is to try a clean install of the game with no mods except for gn and requirements

Ok, tell me what to send you other than screenshots. I just unzipped the installed from the KSP homepage, installed Kopernicus, Module Manager, and ModularFlightIntegrator via CKAN, unzipped Galactic-Neighborhood.v0.3.1.zip to the temp install folder overwriting the Gamedata folder.

I start a new sandbox game and it is initially sunny, by goes dark. I can see Kerbin in the tracking center however. It's still perpetually night on the surface of Kerbin. The Sun never comes up at KSC at any time warp. I could send a clip....

11 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I think I know what's going on, SD deletes the mass definition and replaces it with geeASL that's what's causing the error

I'll have to fix GN for not accounting for that, I have no idea how much that will take me since I'm not in the country right now :)

will it effect early game stages? if not, take your time sir, my instance of game just got ready without massive bugs, so it will take time till i leave kerbin system's soi :wink: no rush then

21 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@Sigma88I can reproduce the issue within a clean install, with only GN and it's requirements. Please tell me what logs to provide you.

4 minutes ago, zanie420 said:

@Sigma88I can reproduce the issue within a clean install, with only GN and it's requirements. Please tell me what logs to provide you.

I'm still on vacation so I cannot promise you anything quick. But if you click on the nyan cat in my sig there's the full list of stuff I need to debug issues

It's weird that a clean install would do that, are you running it from inside programfiles? That is known to cause issues with kopernicus

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

I'm still on vacation so I cannot promise you anything quick. But if you click on the nyan cat in my sig there's the full list of stuff I need to debug issues

It's weird that a clean install would do that, are you running it from inside programfiles? That is known to cause issues with kopernicus

Unzipped to C:\temp\KSP_win64. I ONLY have  Kopernicus, Module Manager, and ModularFlightIntegrator installed.

output_log.txt : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8elKyUaZnFfQlpzNnQ1by1IZjQ

ModuleManager.ConfigCachehttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8elKyUaZnFfSFZNdGJIWU9Sc2M

Logs folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8elKyUaZnFfVFlnM3BMMTU5QTQ

Screenshot of Gamedata folderPZ0G0od.png

12 hours ago, zanie420 said:

Unzipped to C:\temp\KSP_win64. I ONLY have  Kopernicus, Module Manager, and ModularFlightIntegrator installed.

output_log.txt : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8elKyUaZnFfQlpzNnQ1by1IZjQ

ModuleManager.ConfigCachehttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8elKyUaZnFfSFZNdGJIWU9Sc2M

Logs folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8elKyUaZnFfVFlnM3BMMTU5QTQ

Screenshot of Gamedata folderPZ0G0od.png

I couldn't see anything wrong in the logs/installation screenshot so I decided to reproduce the install myself

everything looks fine on my laptop:

Screenshot%202017-01-04%2009.34.41.png?dScreenshot%202017-01-04%2009.34.53.png?d

so there are two options:

1- You are referring to the KSC screen, which is broken because of reparenting of Kerbin

it's just a graphical glitch and it doesn't affect the flying scene (as you can see from my screenshots)

this is a kopernicus bug which I would not expect to go away anytime soon, it comes from some assumptions KSP makes about kerbin orbiting the center of the universe

2- you are actually having a bug, but since I cannot reproduce it I have no idea how to help you

I tested this on my laptop while on the train, I can get a better look once I get home (gen-8th) but I don't expect to find much more than I already wrote here

sorry if this hasn't solved your issue

On 3/1/2017 at 8:29 AM, Jiraiyah said:

will it effect early game stages? if not, take your time sir, my instance of game just got ready without massive bugs, so it will take time till i leave kerbin system's soi :wink: no rush then

you can download the development branch of GN here, it has a fix for your issue

Edited by Sigma88

6 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I couldn't see anything wrong in the logs/installation screenshot so I decided to reproduce the install myself

everything looks fine on my laptop:

Screenshot%202017-01-04%2009.34.41.png?dScreenshot%202017-01-04%2009.34.53.png?d

so there are two options:

1- You are referring to the KSC screen, which is broken because of reparenting of Kerbin

it's just a graphical glitch and it doesn't affect the flying scene (as you can see from my screenshots)

this is a kopernicus bug which I would not expect to go away anytime soon, it comes from some assumptions KSP makes about kerbin orbiting the center of the universe

I swear I looked for this as a known issue first!

Wow, I didn't even try to launch something, my bad...... That's so weird. Go to the VAB, get in a vessel, launch, and it's daytime??? Land, recover vessel, and it's night again???  LMAO  Ok, I will try out some planet packs and installing KSPI-E and see how it goes. I am truly ONLY trying to be helpful and contribute. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Noel32 said:

I'm using ksp 1.2.2. Is this mod going to work for me? Also the planet packs you have listed as supported are all supportive of earlier versions of ksp. Will they work for a 1.2.2 install?

GN will work on 1.2.2 provided you install the correct version of Kopernicus

The planet packs might or might not work, that's for the developer of those mods to check. I just offer the integration into GN :)

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Darael said:

I realise I'm perhaps being a little hasty, not to mention proposing still more work, but would it be possible to integrate the revived version of Interstellar Adventure, at some point?

multi star mods have an hard time getting integrated into GN, but never say never.

I don't see it happening in the near future tho, sorry

Just now, Sigma88 said:

multi star mods have an hard time getting integrated into GN, but never say never.

I don't see it happening in the near future tho, sorry

Sounds entirely reasonable.  I guess I'll have to make do with the plenty of other systems GN can provide.  What a tragedy.

(with somewhat less self-directed sarcasm, thanks for GN.  It is a wonderful thing as it is.)

There seems to be a really bad easily reproducible bug with this and the newest kopernicus. With just this and kopernicus(No planet packs), all stars seem to overheat ships to anywhere between 7000 to 400000 in the matter of single frames upon tossing them on the launchpad. Reproduced this with two other people so far with the three states being the same: Stock(Obviously nothing overheating), Kopernicus(Still fine), GN(Instant overheats on the launchpad).

1 hour ago, Crimor said:

There seems to be a really bad easily reproducible bug with this and the newest kopernicus. With just this and kopernicus(No planet packs), all stars seem to overheat ships to anywhere between 7000 to 400000 in the matter of single frames upon tossing them on the launchpad. Reproduced this with two other people so far with the three states being the same: Stock(Obviously nothing overheating), Kopernicus(Still fine), GN(Instant overheats on the launchpad).

smh

not this again :(

I'll look into it 7w472zO.png

PS: I blame @Thomas P.

Edited by Sigma88

1 hour ago, Crimor said:

In the meantime, is there a value that affects how much heat a star puts out? One of us noticed the black hole didn't actually overheat stuff.

yes, the luminosity

set that to zero and it should avoid overheating, only downside is that it would also kill the solar panels.

you should write a patch that looks something like this:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body:HAS[@Template[Sun],~name[StockSun]]
	{
		%ScaledVersion
		{
			%Light
			{
				%luminosity = 0
			}
		}
	}
}

Edited by Sigma88

2 hours ago, Crimor said:

In the meantime, is there a value that affects how much heat a star puts out? One of us noticed the black hole didn't actually overheat stuff.

could you try with the newest version of Kopernicus? 1.2.2-4

thanks

Sorry that I keep finding bugs, but it seems like with just kopernicus, modularflightmanager, GN, and GPP, it seems to think I'm always 0.0km away from the ksc when recoverings stuff. Probably something that needs to be overridden in gpp's configs. Seems to be specifically because of Gael, with Gael staying even after removing gpp.

Edited by Crimor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.