Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Sigma88 I'm loving the liberties you took with some planet packs. :) Like Gameslinx getting a <REDACTED> star. I must download some of these things and see up-close. In the meantime here's a DL link for my stuff. I've updated my thread with previews for theme #2. The configs I mentioned there are included but untested beyond dwarf and medium size. And their ghost settings will eventually change.

Any feedback is much welcome.

Gameslinx Planet Pack is still not *officially* supported, I'm still waiting for @Gameslinx to choose a star analogue and a name :)

but the files are already there so if you install the mod it will get it's own star
(A "B2 II" Blue Bright Giant, analogue of Epsilon Canis Majoris with a placeholder name)

@Sigma88 Not officially supported? Well in that case I'm pretty confident now that his innermost planet could possibly be inside the star. :D About GPP btw I see no code that handles Grannus. Is supporting code not needed or did you forget about Grannus? I'll see eventually in any case. Not right now, but soon.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Not officially supported?

yeah, only the packs listed in the OP are supported :) 

support for Gameslinx's pack is still under development

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

About GPP btw I see no code that handles Grannus.

I guess Grannus was added after I added GPP to GN, I'll fix that in the next release

EDIT: I checked and it was a simple change so I just added it in the current release :wink:

Edited by Sigma88

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

Gameslinx Planet Pack is still not *officially* supported, I'm still waiting for @Gameslinx to choose a star analogue and a name :)

but the files are already there so if you install the mod it will get it's own star
(A "B2 II" Blue Bright Giant, analogue of Epsilon Canis Majoris with a placeholder name)

Whhoooeehhy

I was trying to figure out why KerbNet isn't working and I completely forgot about choosing a star, eek!

I'd kind of like a subtle blue-white star (I'm useless with star classes please forgive me) , which I believe is an A1 class? 

For the name, would it be possible to have "Azure" to go with the blue-ish colour?

I've probably missed something from the pm but I'll take a look and edit if I have.

Also, will GN check if my planet mod is installed and will place planets around the star, or do you have to download each update I push out? (Hopefully the former)

Edited by Gameslinx

2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Whhoooeehhy

I was trying to figure out why KerbNet isn't working and I completely forgot about choosing a star, eek!

I'd kind of like a subtle blue-white star (I'm useless with star classes please forgive me) , which I believe is an A1 class? 

For the name, would it be possible to have "Azure" to go with the blue-ish colour?

I've probably missed something from the pm but I'll take a look and edit if I have.

from wikipedia

Spoiler

Screenshot%202017-07-02%2000.45.08.png?d

Screenshot%202017-07-02%2000.45.02.png?d

GN stars follow the vega color scheme* (even if it's not realistic) so A would be "white" and B would be "blue white"

I think the star I have already chosen can be ok for you, let me take a couple of screenshots...

* unless you use the setting for RealisticStars

EDIT:

here are some pics of the star as it is right now

Stockalike Version: [System] [Closeup]

Realistic Version: [System] [Closeup]

Edited by Sigma88

Galactic Neighborhood v0.4.1

a couple of bug fixes and added compatibility with Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul

all the links are available in the OP

If you want to follow the development of my mods:  Sigma88Mods&style=social

If you want to buy me a cup of coffee:  iSFDI5f.png r8916yD.png

Changelog:

v0.4.1

- Added compatibility with Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul
- Fixed compatibility with TextureReplacer
- Fixed realistic star flares
- Changed some star descriptions

@Sigma88 I wondering how you  test your own mod. Do you actually load any planet packs or do you only test without any because after installing a few planets pack game start to hang at campaign game load. Perhaps its important that all planet packs are properly uploaded to 1.3, I don't know. It would be great if you could verify if all the planets packs are compatible with the latest release of Galactic neighbourhood. That would save me and others a lot of time.

Edited by FreeThinker

Just now, FreeThinker said:

@Sigma88 I wondering how you  test your own mod. Do you actually load any planet packs or do you only test without because after loading a few planets pack game start to hang at campaign game loading

I usually don't test installing all planet packs, I test the single planet packs when I add them and the stars with "LoadAllStars"

once in a while I do a super install to make sure there are no major issues, and before releasing v0.4.0 I did just that and loaded all planet packs except

- RSS / RSSexpanded
- SASS
- Gameslinx
- GPP

and with those packs (22) the game loaded and everything was where it was supposed to be

my potato laptop was running at fractions of fps (OS included) but that's not really something I can improve on :D

keep in mind that RSS and GPP are still not compatible with 1.3.0 so that might cause some issues

SASS and Gameslinx should work fine with the latest versions of GN and the respective mods

14 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

keep in mind that RSS and GPP are still not compatible with 1.3.0 so that might cause some issues

Good to know, it might explain why I hanged. I would recommend to put this information on the first page.

10 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Good to know, it might explain why I hanged. I would recommend to put this information on the first page.

The problem with that is I don't have the time to constantly monitor all mods.

The general rule is, if a mod doesn't load on it's own, you should not expect it to load on GN

12 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

I'm sorry if my question has already been answered, I looked in some pages of this forum and did not find it. Is this mod for the end user? If it is there is some tutorial on how to install the packages to use with it? Thanks!

this mod is installed like any other KSP mod generally is installed.

you download the .zip, inside you will find a folder called "GameData" then you extract the content of this folder into the GameData folder of your KSP install

you also need to install the dependancies (which are listed in the OP)

if you want to add planet packs, just click on the name of the planet pack you want to install in the GN OP and you will be redirected to the forum page of that mod.

install that mod following the instructions provided by the devs of that mod (usually a process similar to what I have described above, but it may vary)

keep in mind that if a mod is not updated to 1.3.0 it might not work (like RSS)

that's about it

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Question, can anything be done about the loss of atmosphere?

if you mean the graphical bug in the KSC scene, that is a bug that comes with reparenting Kerbin and cannot be avoided with the current tools available

we tried to fix this into Kopernicus but have yet to find a viable solution.

it's just a graphical bug tho, it doesn't affect the game other than making the KSC scene look crap

24 minutes ago, Cabbink said:

Well done! Now we just need IA revived somehow put into this, and then we can have fun with Lich in this pack!

last time I checked IA had some pretty serious bug that made it impossible for that mod to load together with GN

20 minutes ago, Cabbink said:

Ah. I guess wait until it's more stable (the last time I checked it was decently stable.) 

on it's own it works because reasons, but when you try to edit stuff with MM it breaks because all the cfgs have missing parenthesys or missing node types or similar crap that makes MM crash when used to edit Kopernicus nodes

Just a small suggestion I thought of. I think it would be a good idea to change the name of the sun from "StockSun" to "Kerbol" in this mod, as having the sun be called "StockSun" kinda ruins immersion. It's only a quick config edit (I did it myself in 2 minutes) and would really be a nice quality of life improvement.

37 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

Just a small suggestion I thought of. I think it would be a good idea to change the name of the sun from "StockSun" to "Kerbol" in this mod, as having the sun be called "StockSun" kinda ruins immersion. It's only a quick config edit (I did it myself in 2 minutes) and would really be a nice quality of life improvement.

It was meant to be "Sun," I guess @Sigma88 never changed cbNameLater = Sun to Properties/displayName = The Sun.

EDIT: No, it does have displayName = The Sun. I don't know why you would see it in-game as StockSun.

Edited by GregroxMun

39 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

it might be an issue with your install, because on mine it is correctly named "The Sun"

@Sigma88 Notice that I have just released an updated a new version of KSPIE, which significantly improves the performance and capabilities of the Alcubiere warp drive in Galactic Neighborhood. Specifically it can now be operate in map view under time acceleration and can travel at high speed in both solar systems as interstellar space and has the capability to use celestial bodies to break inertial momentum allowing vessels to travel interstellar distances without having to adjust huge differences in speed.

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.