Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

On 5/8/2017 at 9:15 PM, Syczek said:

I have problem with galactic neighborhood kerbin dark side becomes switched with sun side and sun side becomes twiilight zone. In flight mode is visible sun in dark side and in sun side too. I guess is that problem with kerbin config how to fix it

I believe this was solved on IRC (if you are the same guy) otherwise if you are still having this issue click on the nyan cat in my sig and link here the files requested

I'll take a look when I return from my vacation

Edited by Sigma88

On 11.08.2017 at 9:11 PM, Sigma88 said:

I believe this was solved on IRC (if you are the same guy) otherwise if you are still having this issue click on the nyan cat in my sig and link here the files requested

I'll take a look when I return from my vacation

Yep i solved it:D It was scatterer a problematic one to be exact his config file

Btw is there way to change name of The Sun to Kerbol??

Edit again it's seems so that gpp configs are outdated game wont load with them

Tried by loading only gpp with galactic neighborhood.

Found too issue with Gaia somehow moons of Gaia are loaded into Kerbin and Gaia doenst exist

Edited by Syczek

GnRLqqY.jpgBan9pXM.jpg

Any idea what might be causing the washout in the first image?  From space it looks like the planet is being lit up by many different light sources.  Ships glow as though they have a spot light on them even when on the "dark" side of the planet.  This is the latest KSP, a new game, and Kopernicus 1.3.0-5 (This was just released today and I see in the patchnotes that it fiddles around with "distance based intensity for starlight").  If it is indeed caused by the new Kopernicus could you let me know what the last compatible version was?

Thanks in advance for all your work mate.  I know that putting all this together and maintaining it isn't exactly something you can do in an afternoon.  It looks like a bad-ass addition to the game and I look forward to giving it a new home =)

8 hours ago, Uberns said:

Any idea what might be causing the washout in the first image?  From space it looks like the planet is being lit up by many different light sources.  Ships glow as though they have a spot light on them even when on the "dark" side of the planet.  This is the latest KSP, a new game, and Kopernicus 1.3.0-5 (This was just released today and I see in the patchnotes that it fiddles around with "distance based intensity for starlight").  If it is indeed caused by the new Kopernicus could you let me know what the last compatible version was?

Thanks in advance for all your work mate.  I know that putting all this together and maintaining it isn't exactly something you can do in an afternoon.  It looks like a bad-ass addition to the game and I look forward to giving it a new home =)

this is probably caused by kopernicus version 5, go back to 4 and it should work.

but keep in mind that the spacecenter scene will always be broken because when you reparent kerbin the game doesn't like it very much

Rolling it back resolved the washout issue.  Thanks!

It appears to be incompatible with Stock Visual Terrain and Stock Visual Enhancements.  SVT causes the ground to become broken on Laythe and the textures do not appear to be applied anywhere.  SVE causes several planets to become solid black.  Is this some kind of load order problem?  It is like SVT and SVE do not know what planet to apply their effects to.

24 minutes ago, Uberns said:

Rolling it back resolved the washout issue.  Thanks!

It appears to be incompatible with Stock Visual Terrain and Stock Visual Enhancements.  SVT causes the ground to become broken on Laythe and the textures do not appear to be applied anywhere.  SVE causes several planets to become solid black.  Is this some kind of load order problem?  It is like SVT and SVE do not know what planet to apply their effects to.

yeah I don't have the free time required to make any kind of graphical enhancement mod compatible with GN, and any of those mods will definitely require at least some custom cfgs to work on GN. but if someone wants to tackle that I'll be happy to put a link to their thread in GN's OP

4 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

yeah I don't have the free time required to make any kind of graphical enhancement mod compatible with GN, and any of those mods will definitely require at least some custom cfgs to work on GN. but if someone wants to tackle that I'll be happy to put a link to their thread in GN's OP

I see.  Wish I could take that on myself.  If this was the beginning of the summer it might have been possible.  But with school starting up again and my extracurriculars I doubt I would have the time needed to even learn how the mods work, let alone figure out how to make them behave with one another.

Since adding GN mid game did not appear to mess up the orbits of any important ships/bases, I might just turn off the beautification mods after I finish exploring the local system and run GN at that point.  

Thanks again for all your work mate!

On 19.08.2017 at 0:52 AM, Uberns said:

I see.  Wish I could take that on myself.  If this was the beginning of the summer it might have been possible.  But with school starting up again and my extracurriculars I doubt I would have the time needed to even learn how the mods work, let alone figure out how to make them behave with one another.

Since adding GN mid game did not appear to mess up the orbits of any important ships/bases, I might just turn off the beautification mods after I finish exploring the local system and run GN at that point.  

Thanks again for all your work mate!

Just check in SVE folder every config related to planets and if u find phrase sun replace it with StockSun.
Yes i know i may repeat myself but this line

@Body[Gol]

{
        @Orbit
        {
            @referenceBody = #$/Body[Kerbin]/Properties/displayName$
        }
    }
    @Body[Gullis]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
        }
    }
    @Body[Olei]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
        }
    }
    @Body[Kerbin]
    {
        @name = #$Properties/displayName$
        @Template
        {
            @removePQSMods = #$removePQSMods$,PQSCity
            &removePQSMods = PQSCity
        }
        %Properties
        {
            %isHomeWorld = False
        }
        @Orbit
        {
            @referenceBody = Azure
        }
        !SpaceCenter,* {}

not working is there any solutions to make gaia appears so hers moon will be with her not Kerbin?

Edited by Syczek

Now i started getting some weird lag when i travel to another star system i was travelling to prok kseema and the log is spammed with this message that i think is the bug. Furthermore i was traveling using the kspi e daedalus drive here is the full log https://www.dropbox.com/s/495nllbscfce61y/KSP.log?dl=0

[LOG 21:06:36.190] getObtAtUT infinite UT on elliptical orbit UT: -Infinity, returning NaN
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at Orbit.getObtAtUT(Double UT)
   at Orbit.getPositionAtUT(Double UT)
   at Orbit._SolveClosestApproach(.Orbit p, .Orbit s, Double ByRef UT, Double dT, Double threshold, Double MinUT, Double MaxUT, Double epsilon, Int32 maxIterations, Int32 ByRef iterationCount)
   at PatchedConics._GetClosestApproach(.Orbit p, .Orbit s, Double startEpoch, Double dT, .SolverParameters pars)
   at PatchedConics._CheckEncounter(.Orbit p, .Orbit nextPatch, Double startEpoch, .OrbitDriver sec, .CelestialBody targetBody, .SolverParameters pars)
   at PatchedConics._CalculatePatch(.Orbit p, .Orbit nextPatch, Double startEpoch, .SolverParameters pars, .CelestialBody targetBody)
   at PatchedConicSolver.Update()

13 minutes ago, totos_totidis said:

Now i started getting some weird lag when i travel to another star system i was travelling to prok kseema and the log is spammed with this message that i think is the bug. Furthermore i was traveling using the kspi e daedalus drive here is the full log https://www.dropbox.com/s/495nllbscfce61y/KSP.log?dl=0

did you try reproducing this issue with a basic GN install to make sure the issue is caused by GN alone?

if it is caused by an interaction between different mods I will need to know which ones (your install has too many mods to test right now)

I can try to reproduce the issue on GN alone, if in the meantime you find out which is the minimum number of mods that causes the issue you can click on the nyan cat in my sig and follow the instructions posted there

I have a feeling this might have something to do with SigmaBinary

I'm not sure if it is a compatibility issue or maybe even a SigmaBinary issue that has nothing to do with GN

I'll take a look as soon as I get some free time

this probably has nothing to do with GN

it's probably a SB issue, before generating logs for everything with GN you could try a basic SB install with the duna-ike cfg

if the problem lies where I think it does, it will show up even when GN is not installed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55uvglva44uwcnv/KSP2.log?dl=0 here is the new link to the log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp5btb4zjhv3lob/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0 the module manager config cache
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ltengcocodfg4x/AACkvEednoDrKefv4gNx1s94a?dl=0 kopernicus log folder
Thank you for your support.
Also in my gamedata folder do i put the duna ike config or the whole folder?

Edited by totos_totidis

9 minutes ago, totos_totidis said:

Also in my gamedata folder do i put the duna ike config or the whole folder?

it's the same, the cfg will work either way, I usually leave it inside the folder because it looks cleaner

just to be clear, you are experiencing this bug only when the orbit line enters a binary system right?

as long as you orbit normal planets/stars or even the galactic core, it should be fine...

Edited by Sigma88

3 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

it's the same, the cfg will work either way, I usually leave it inside the folder because it looks cleaner

just to be clear, you are experiencing this bug only when the orbit line enters a binary system right?

as long as you orbit normal planets/stars or even the galactic core, it should be fine...

Yes enters or exits a binary system.

4 hours ago, InfluentialDiscovery said:

How do i Know if the mod is working?

How do I view the other solar systems?

Can you view them in the tracking station? Or do I have to visit them first?

yes, if you zoom far enough you will see the additional stars

the base mod (installed without any extra planet packs) should look something like this:

Screenshot%202017-09-02%2017.01.16.png?dl=1

1 hour ago, InfluentialDiscovery said:

Yes, it wasn't working. Another mod must be interfering.

if you have a short list of mods I can take a look and suggest where the issue might lie

otherwise for a full bug report click the nyan cat in my sig and follow the instruction :)

14 hours ago, InfluentialDiscovery said:

Everytime I install Galactic Neighborhood, it gets stuck in night mode. I'm using Module Manager 2.8.1 and Kopernicus 1.3.0-6. I only have this mod installed.

This is a Kopernicus bug that happens on all planet packs that reparent kerbin

It only affects the space center scene so it doesn't affect gameplay

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.