Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

17 minutes ago, Sahadara said:

Yes! Hyperedit was in fact the cause of the issue. Quicksaving and reloading fixes the issue. Thanks so much.

next time try with the stock orbit tool thing cheat whatever

that should not have the same issues as hyper edit (I suppose?)

it seems like there's a smaller bug in the newer kopernicus which makes the galactic core shine like a regular star

there's nothing I can do about it in GN and the fix should come in the next kopernicus release

no changes are required for compatibility, so the latest version of GN is compatible with both old and new kopernicus

8 hours ago, HQi88 said:

I tried to set orbit with the stock cheats around one of the M-kel stars but my ship despawned

this is intended behaviour for M-kel

the ingame explanation is that the three white dwarfs are so hot that your ship explodes if you get too close

the technical explanation is that those stars require a weird orbit setup that is not compatible with travelling around them in ksp, so I have to make it impossible to get too close otherwise weird stuff might happen

Edited by Sigma88

On 6.10.2017 at 9:00 PM, Sahadara said:

Not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask this so sorry if not. I'm running GN with GPP and OPM, but I want OPM to be in the Kerbol system rather than in its own system. I managed to do this in the configs, but I can't seem to get Eeloo to orbit Sarnus, it gets placed in its normal orbit. The OPM configs place it in Sarnus orbit and I can't find any other configs modifying its orbit. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: I fixed it. Just had to make OPM's MM patch apply after Galactic Neighborhood, and was using the wrong name to reference it.

@Sahadara

i try to do the same thing with RSS and GN. I want the Real Solar System in the Kerbol System, right now its far away like the other stars in GN. What do you put in your patch to make it work. I have no expierience in writing an MM patch, thats why i ask. :confused:
thanks

I have several questions regarding  mod compatibility:

1) EVE and scatterer. Will planets from planet packs have clouds and atmospheric effects?

2) KSPI and MKS add additional resources, that can be found and mined on planets. Will those resources be present on planets from packs?

3) Are there any known problems with stock solar panels and RemoteTech? 

21 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

@Sahadara

i try to do the same thing with RSS and GN. I want the Real Solar System in the Kerbol System, right now its far away like the other stars in GN. What do you put in your patch to make it work. I have no expierience in writing an MM patch, thats why i ask. :confused:
thanks

What I would do is delete the config file for RSS in the Galactic Neighborhood folder. I think that should do the trick.

1 hour ago, Mine_Turtle said:

1) EVE and scatterer. Will planets from planet packs have clouds and atmospheric effects?

GN handles stars in a way that might not be compatible with some visual enhancements provided by EVE and Scatterer, since the look of the stars is one of the features of GN using EVE and Scatterer to override those might not be possible, I don't know, and I'm not really interested in looking into it, but I am not against people taking a look and trying to figure out a way to overritde them.

(if there is any dev that needs help with GN internal workings just ping me, I'm happy to help)

excluding those things, there's no reason why all other visual enhancements from EVE and Scatterer should not work on GN as well.

just keep in mind that, even if it looks like the planet packs are the same in GN, there are actually some under-the-hood changes that might break the Visual packs made specifically for those mods. the most likely scenario is that someone will have to make visual packs tailored to the changes introduced by GN.

2) KSPI and MKS add additional resources, that can be found and mined on planets. Will those resources be present on planets from packs?

that depends on how those work, iirc resources are distributed at random on all planets by KSP, so you should find everything everywhere without the need of customizing anything

3) Are there any known problems with stock solar panels

Kopernicus bypasses stock solar panels and improves them to work on multiple star systems

as of now, all stars produce the same amount of energy the stock sun produces, that's one of the things I will change in the future, making some star more energetic than others

and RemoteTech? 

As far as I know RT should work without any issues. I haven't received any bug reports on the subject.

You'll need bigger antennas if you plan to go interstellar tho. (I think, I have no idea what RT has to offer nowadays)

Edited by Sigma88

13 hours ago, Sahadara said:

What I would do is delete the config file for RSS in the Galactic Neighborhood folder. I think that should do the trick.

Tried to delete Configs/PlanetPacks/RSSystem and only the add_Star.cfg, but i get an Kopernicus error that the RSS couldnt be loaded.

@Sigma88 is there a way to make RSS the primary system in GN?

3 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

Tried to delete Configs/PlanetPacks/RSSystem and only the add_Star.cfg, but i get an Kopernicus error that the RSS couldnt be loaded.

@Sigma88 is there a way to make RSS the primary system in GN?

I haven't looked into it, you would probably need a custom MM patch

On 17.10.2017 at 7:35 PM, Mine_Turtle said:

3) Are there any known problems with stock solar panels and RemoteTech? 

look here:

for me that works as long no secondary planet pack has cloud configs

For Example:

with GPP as a secondary System and the cloud textures for GPP installed it doesnt work but without the cloud textures taty095 tip did the trick:cool:

EDIT: With SigmaDimensions the trick works ass well.

Edited by JohnMcLane

21 minutes ago, JohnMcLane said:

with GPP as a secondary System and the cloud textures for GPP installed it doesnt work but without the cloud textures taty095 tip did the trick:cool:

it's worth noting that GN provides compatibility only for base GPP, GPP_secondary might not be compatible by default. that depends on how @Galileo & Co. wrote those cfgs

2 hours ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

Hi

I have a problem that when I use scatterer the light from the galactic core overrides the light from the new sun. The night side of kerben when it loads in is facing the sun and the day side always points twords the core

I don't  provide Scatterer compatibility with GN

I might look into it in the future, but I don't have an idea of how much it'll take

5 hours ago, Learwin said:

First of all awesome mod.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but could you maybe look into adding Kerbal Star Systems support to this mod ?

it's very difficult to provide compatibility for a mod like KSS

the main feature of GN are the stars, so making it compatible with KSS would mean either

1- change all stars in KSS to be consistent with GN stars

2- let KSS keep its stars

in either case the result would not be very good, because it will require one of the two mods to give up on their main feature

I'm not against compatibility, but for the above reasons it is pretty low on my todo list so I will probably never get around to do it

but, if someone wants to make a set of configs to make the two mods compatible and needs some tips on how GN works I'm always happy to explain how my mod works, and how to interact with it

On 10/23/2017 at 6:26 AM, Learwin said:

First of all awesome mod.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but could you maybe look into adding Kerbal Star Systems support to this mod ?

I doubt either @Sigma88 or @StarCrusher96 is willing to put that much work into their mods to make such massive planet packs compatible. One of them would have to give up their main features, which is more stars. Also, imagine the sheer lag that you would get from both mods :confused:

16 minutes ago, RaceToTheMun said:

IS this comnpatible with KSS? (Kerbal Star Systems)

On 10/23/2017 at 5:36 PM, Sigma88 said:

it's very difficult to provide compatibility for a mod like KSS

the main feature of GN are the stars, so making it compatible with KSS would mean either

1- change all stars in KSS to be consistent with GN stars

2- let KSS keep its stars

in either case the result would not be very good, because it will require one of the two mods to give up on their main feature

I'm not against compatibility, but for the above reasons it is pretty low on my todo list so I will probably never get around to do it

but, if someone wants to make a set of configs to make the two mods compatible and needs some tips on how GN works I'm always happy to explain how my mod works, and how to interact with it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.