Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

32 minutes ago, JsJa said:

Planets can be added to these systems , and travel to, enter into orbit and land on them. If so , how?

in the OP there is a list of compatible mods, install any of those mods and GalacticNeighborhood will take care to move the planets added by that pack into a separate solar system.

each planet pack has a different star, so you can have multiple new stars with planets to explore.

The default stars of GN do not currently have any planets, I just didn't have the time for making some.

(be warned that some mods -GN included- are not yet updated to KSP 1.1.3, and also some planet packs are not compatible with each other)

9 minutes ago, Kepler68 said:

Would it break the all rights reserved license if someone made a solar system specifically for galactic neighborhood? 

no you are free to make additions if you want, but you cannot redistribute this mod.

Also, if you make a planet pack that works without GN I will probably come around to add compatibility myself, like I did for all the other compatible planet packs :wink:

Edited by Sigma88

1 hour ago, JsJa said:

Planets can be added to these systems , and travel to, enter into orbit and land on them. If so , how?

Simply choose and download any of the planet packs listed on the first page of this thread and install them as you would normally. Each will have their own separate systems appear with the planets automatically. A very clever system, good for customization of your galaxy :wink: 

Warning:

Space pirates arrived at Kerbin, DO NOT leave any ship unattended in orbit or you will risk losing them

in other words, there's a serious bug in kopernicus 1.1.3 that affects mods which reparent kerbin, all crafts in orbit around kerbin will get their orbits messed up. for this reason I will wait to update this mod to 1.1.3 untill the bug has been solved

sorry if i asked this before, but have you thought of a similiar idea, where one can impliment multiple planet packs but instead of moving them too different stars, they all orbit the same star but have orbits changed so none of them have intersecting orbits? or are incompatible

23 minutes ago, 123nick said:

sorry if i asked this before, but have you thought of a similiar idea, where one can impliment multiple planet packs but instead of moving them too different stars, they all orbit the same star but have orbits changed so none of them have intersecting orbits? or are incompatible

@GregroxMun had a similar idea, idk if he ever released anything tho

12 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@GregroxMun had a similar idea, idk if he ever released anything tho

I'm reluctant to release MegaSystem with reparenting Kerbin in the state it's in. I guess I could just make the default Kerbin either Earth or UL Kerbin. But MegaSystem is not really meant for the same thing as Galactic Neighborhood, it's more about just having a really big system with several space age planets that you could swap to and from. They're only compatible with a few systems, and you're meant to have all of them at once.

6 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

I'm reluctant to release MegaSystem with reparenting Kerbin in the state it's in. I guess I could just make the default Kerbin either Earth or UL Kerbin. But MegaSystem is not really meant for the same thing as Galactic Neighborhood, it's more about just having a really big system with several space age planets that you could swap to and from. They're only compatible with a few systems, and you're meant to have all of them at once.

oh, so having a solar system with a ton of planets is a impossability? :( 

11 minutes ago, 123nick said:

no, it's possible. but we need to figure out how to fix a very annoying bug that is plaguing kopernicus in KSP 1.1.3

(which affects only planet packs that move kerbin to orbit something which is no the center of the ksp universe)

Just now, Sigma88 said:

no, it's possible. but we need to figure out how to fix a very annoying bug that is plaguing kopernicus in KSP 1.1.3

(which affects only planet packs that move kerbin to orbit something which is no the center of the ksp universe)

well, is it possible too leave kerbin where it is, and adjust all other planets so they dont intercept eachother or etc?

19 minutes ago, 123nick said:

Far from it. MegaSystem has like 80 planets. It's just that they're only from planet packs that I have chosen. It would be possible to add more, like OPM, without too many problems.

2 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

Far from it. MegaSystem has like 80 planets. It's just that they're only from planet packs that I have chosen. It would be possible to add more, like OPM, without too many problems.

cool, i assume its not released?

yet?

question, I don't know if this is due to Galactic Neighborhood or Kopernicus, but I can a com array set up, but every time i load my saved file the orbits change to the point that after three or four loads the orbits shift by +/- 100 km. Is it just me that has this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

Edit: I found the answer in the Kopernicus thread so ignore, but man is it annoying

Edited by Crashonaut
found partial answer

20 minutes ago, Crashonaut said:

question, I don't know if this is due to Galactic Neighborhood or Kopernicus, but I can a com array set up, but every time i load my saved file the orbits change to the point that after three or four loads the orbits shift by +/- 100 km. Is it just me that has this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

Edit: I found the answer in the Kopernicus thread so ignore, but man is it annoying

the bug occurs on all mods that reparent kerbin. any mod that leaves kerbin to orbit the center of the universe are fine, but NewHorizons, GalacticNeighborhood and a couple of others are going to have this issue.

There are no indications about what is causing the bug, so even if we are trying to solve it there is no guarantee a fix can be found 

24 minutes ago, Crashonaut said:

thanks, i hope you can find a fix, it really sucks having to keep an eye out on all of my com arrays

Honestly I would not advise playing with ksp 1.1.3 and GN

The orbit bug is just to painful to deal with from a player perspective, you may end up ruining your save

3 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Honestly I would not advise playing with ksp 1.1.3 and GN

The orbit bug is just to painful to deal with from a player perspective, you may end up ruining your save

Yeah, that's what I figured out last night.

(Sighing) oh well my galactic tales will have to wait

None of the three M-Kel stars have SOI's i think thats needs fixed. Also it would be highly unlikely for three white dwarves to get so close to each other in such a perfect orbit. I think that could use a tweaking. :) I hope im not sounding rude, But if anyone flies close enough they will end up clipping through a scaledspace mesh.

1 minute ago, daniel l. said:

None of the three M-Kel stars have SOI's i think thats needs fixed.

the m-kel system in the latest release is not complete yet

in order to get that weird orbit pattern I need to remove their SOIs, this is why when the system will be complete there will be a overheating barrier that will not allow you to get too close to the stars

5 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

Also it would be highly unlikely for three white dwarves to get so close to each other in such a perfect orbit.

I am aware that the system is not realistic, I wanted an 8 figure orbit in GN because they are technically possible (but very unlikely) so I'm not overly obsessed with realism for that one system :)

also, I think it's supposed to be "white dwarfs"

7 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Btw @Sigma88 how do i remove one specific stock planet without editing the primary Kopernicus config?

You make a patch that targets the kopernicus node and deletes the body with the desired name

@Kopernicus:FINAL

{

!Body[name] {}

}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.