Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

On 2/11/2017 at 11:43 AM, Crimor said:

Sorry that I keep finding bugs, but it seems like with just kopernicus, modularflightmanager, GN, and GPP, it seems to think I'm always 0.0km away from the ksc when recoverings stuff. Probably something that needs to be overridden in gpp's configs. Seems to be specifically because of Gael, with Gael staying even after removing gpp.

no idea about this, does this happen only with GN?

21 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

no idea about this, does this happen only with GN?

Yes.

Though obviously also kopernicus and modularflightmanager because dependencies, but when GN is removed and those stay, it works fine, definitely seems to be related to gael staying just with GN though. 

I.... believe, RealSolarSystem Expanded is broken. The link in the OP, directs to the old version maintained by the original author. It's under new management as of late. Newest Development Thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/139492-112-real-solar-system-expanded-0140/

As I am trying it, it seems latest version of Kopernicus and RSS doesn't work with either version of RSSE. Newest Kopernicus and old RSS doesn't work either. Suggesting that next and further GN updates, should have support for the RSSE version in the newest development thread.

EDIT: OR, SigmaBinary is NOT the SAME mod as SigmaDimensions is. In which case, oops, my bad, let me try this again... Yep, disregard, I'm an idiot. You need BOTH SigmaBinary and SigmaDimensions.

Edited by YagiHige

3 hours ago, YagiHige said:

I.... believe, RealSolarSystem Expanded is broken. The link in the OP, directs to the old version maintained by the original author. It's under new management as of late. Newest Development Thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/139492-112-real-solar-system-expanded-0140/

As I am trying it, it seems latest version of Kopernicus and RSS doesn't work with either version of RSSE. Newest Kopernicus and old RSS doesn't work either. Suggesting that next and further GN updates, should have support for the RSSE version in the newest development thread.

EDIT: OR, SigmaBinary is NOT the SAME mod as SigmaDimensions is. In which case, oops, my bad, let me try this again... Yep, disregard, I'm an idiot. You need BOTH SigmaBinary and SigmaDimensions.

SigmaDimensions is required for RSS/RSSE to load into GN

SigmaBinary is not strictly a requirement (on my part) 

So unless RSSE lists SB as a requirement you should be able to load that mod in the GN without SB

4 hours ago, Northstar1989 said:

Have solar panels been fixed so they work properly based on distance to the nearest star in Galactic Neighborhood yet?

It's not a GN issue. It's a Kopernicus issue. There's nothing I can do about it.

I think the last kopernicus had some fixes in that department but I am not sure the issue has been completely solved

On 2/27/2017 at 9:50 AM, Northstar1989 said:

Have solar panels been fixed so they work properly based on distance to the nearest star in Galactic Neighborhood yet?

I am being told that solar panels in Kopernicus work fine as long as stars are defined properly

I can't remember if in GN I change the luminosity of various stars, if I don't then all stars will be as luminous as the Sun, if I do there might be some problems because I never actually checked that the different luminosity of different stars are compatible in GN

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, excellent idea and execution.

Secondly, I was poking around the configs and found that you did in fact define luminosities for some stars. Comments indicate that this field is "relative to stock sun". Not sure if that's what you are looking for.

Thirdly, I want some planet packs to be in the Kerbol system, but some to get their own star. Can I just delete the configs for those I do not wish to modify, or do I have to do something else?

Fourth, will installing this onto an existing save ruin it?

On 3/11/2017 at 4:25 PM, greenTurtle1134 said:

Firstly, excellent idea and execution.

Thanks

Secondly, I was poking around the configs and found that you did in fact define luminosities for some stars. Comments indicate that this field is "relative to stock sun". Not sure if that's what you are looking for.

I remember adding a parameter that defines how luminous the star should be, but it's a GN parameter that does nothing.

I don't remember if I ever got around to link that parameter to the actual luminosity value used by kopernicus, and even if I did that, I don't remember if I ever balanced that feature

Thirdly, I want some planet packs to be in the Kerbol system, but some to get their own star. Can I just delete the configs for those I do not wish to modify, or do I have to do something else?

you can try deleting the GN cfgs that take care of moving those systems, but I cannot assure it will work 100%

there might be some weird interaction that I am forgetting now

Fourth, will installing this onto an existing save ruin it?

Not necessarily, but more than likely.

a few issues are:

all crafts (including asteroids) orbiting the sun will load in orbit around the galactic core

all crafts orbiting the home planet (in case you have mods that change the home planet) will load in orbit around kerbin (stock version)

I'm not sure if the rest of the crafts are loaded into the game using the flightglobalsindex or the name of the planet

if the FGI is used, everything will go into the pooper

if the name is used everything should be roughly fine (except minor issues of SOI change and Sun/Homeplanet issues mentioned above)

if you really want to try my suggestion is to backup your save and see what happens, if it breaks then revert to the backups, or start a new save altogether

15 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

there might be some weird interaction that I am forgetting now

The planets might get sent to system center (i.e. Galactic Core) so I'll have to change references to the Sun.

16 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

all crafts (including asteroids) orbiting the sun will load in orbit around the galactic core

all crafts orbiting the home planet (in case you have mods that change the home planet) will load in orbit around kerbin (stock version)

Luckily, I still have Kerbin as center and haven't made orbit yet in the save I want! Install it quick!

2 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

The planets might get sent to system center (i.e. Galactic Core) so I'll have to change references to the Sun.

ah yes, you will need to change the referenceBody from "Sun" to "StockSun"

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Zenithas said:

@Sigma88 Not at present, if I have the time I'll install RT again & see if I can get some useful stuff for you.  Post to the GN thread?

perfect, thanks

this might interest the guys over at RT as well, but let me take a look before we go to them

also, since you will try to reproduce the bug, make sure you take the logs

Alrighty.  Forgot to disable StageRecovery, which *also* goes nuts when RemoteTech is loaded, and I'm stuck with a slow connection courtesy a storm coming in, which reduces my available caps/output_log, and my desire to play with CKAN too much  Meanwhile...

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtOghfcl_Rwg1UrCZcK-nZqE6gvP - Happy probe carrying Bill and Bob.  Connection established via 350Gm dish.  Manoeuvres courtesy of HyperEdit.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtOghfcl_Rwg1UwlKWoAhMoCtt1_ - As we leave Kerbin's SOI to outer Kerbol orbit, the connection vanishes.  Planet blocking is not activated in RT's controls.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtOghfcl_Rwg1U3lZ8cOWLHv4Agq - Revert back to the Kerbin system again, this time heading to Minmus for a flat landing and minty green backdrop.  Strangely, the SEP controller isn't able to detect a connection et al, even with the wheel-less rover a handful of feet away, and Mission control high above, staring down like a flapjack flung too high and now stuck, on the ceiling.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AtOghfcl_Rwg1U4wUP52J9HgTKAg - One copy of output_log.txt.  All 15KB of it.

Not going to be able to upload much more tonight, shall do more once the storm's done, and in the meantime I'm going to catch a couple hours shut-eye.

Edited by Zenithas

5 minutes ago, Zenithas said:

Alrighty.  Forgot to disable StageRecovery, which *also* goes nuts when RemoteTech is loaded, and I'm stuck with a slow connection courtesy a storm coming in, which reduces my available caps/output_log, and my desire to play with CKAN too much  Meanwhile...

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtOghfcl_Rwg1UrCZcK-nZqE6gvP - Happy probe carrying Bill and Bob.  Connection established via 350Gm dish.  Manoeuvres courtesy of HyperEdit.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtOghfcl_Rwg1UwlKWoAhMoCtt1_ - As we leave Kerbin's SOI to outer Kerbol orbit, the connection vanishes.  Planet blocking is not activated in RT's controls.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtOghfcl_Rwg1U3lZ8cOWLHv4Agq - Revert back to the Kerbin system again, this time heading to Minmus for a flat landing and minty green backdrop.  Strangely, the SEP controller isn't able to detect a connection et al, even with the wheel-less rover a handful of feet away, and Mission control high above, staring down like a flapjack flung too high and now stuck, on the ceiling.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AtOghfcl_Rwg1U4wUP52J9HgTKAg - One copy of output_log.txt.  All 15KB of it.

this looks like a RT issue to me, you should try asking the devs of RT

I cannot see anything that could be caused by GN

@Sigma88 Not yet.  Before your curiosity about it's interactions on GN, I had uninstalled at something akin to 3am with intention to eventually get back to doing a proper report to them.  Was in the SEP thread that I realised that it was RT causing my SEP problems, hence my mention there.

7 hours ago, Zenithas said:

@Sigma88 Not yet.  Before your curiosity about it's interactions on GN, I had uninstalled at something akin to 3am with intention to eventually get back to doing a proper report to them.  Was in the SEP thread that I realised that it was RT causing my SEP problems, hence my mention there.

@Zenithas Hi, Sigma88 informed that you had RT issues so I took a look at your output_log.

I do not know what was going on your side but I found that your RemoteTech mod was somehow combined from RT 1.6 (your log said "RemoteTech v1.6.0.0 / v1.6.9") and 1.8 (RT's recently-added multi-path filter is clearly visible in your second screenshot).

My best guess is that your RT mod (v1.6.9) was corrupted and could contain some bugs fixed in later versions. But I am afraid that I am unable to offer any further help as I am not familiar with RT 1.6, used by your KSP 1.1.0. :(

24 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Contact successful!

What can I do to help, if needed? :)

if I decide to add the mod to GN I will contact you to give you the opportunity to choose the type and name of the star

unless your mod already has a custom star, in which case I should not need to bother you

right now the bottleneck is my free time which is pretty limited so I am not sure what is the time frame, in the meantime if you already have ideas for star type and name please send me a pm

• 4 weeks later...

oDdmZ6R.jpg

HR Diagram of the stars in this mod. Approximate. You'll notice the "Sun Blob" of objects that are very similar to the Sun, as well as the strange absence of red main sequence stars compared to more luminous types. So if you're looking to get your mod added to this, do consider having it put 'round a K or M dwarf star. (Note that SLIPPIST-1 and Holy Light are not released yet, they are my own mods. Also, OtherWorlds and Keridani System are not represented. They would both by K main sequence stars.

Edited by GregroxMun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.