Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

"FTL" is shorter to write than "designed specifically for interstellar travel" :D

Well it usually means Faster Than Light, which 99.9% of physics disagrees with is possible at all. Also it's a very high requiremnt, which only get's unlock at the eng of the techtree.

- - - Updated - - -

The actual mechanic doesn't concern me. :)

the mechanic perhaps not, but the limmitation should be because if the distances are too large, it will still take too much time

the mechanic perhaps not, but the limmitation should be because if the distances are too large, it will still take too much time

Yeah, that's my goal. to find the right balance between having to use some dedicated engine but at the same time not having to waste too much time-warping :D

Here's a download with some new features :)

Download

[Dropbox] v0.0.2 ALPHA

Changelog

[TABLE=width: 600]

[TR]

[TD]

[B]v.0.0.2[/B]

- Moved into GalacticNeighborhood folder
- Added KSP-AVC compatibility
- Now Requires Kopernicus 0.3.1
- Added particles to Algok B
- Added compatibility with Asclepius
- Added compatibility with BorisSystem
- Added compatibility with OPM
- Added compatibility with TransKeptunian

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Could you also please add an option to scale Kerbin (and Kerbol system) to Double the Size? I realy like to have a significant amount of delta V when lauching into orbit

For now I'm not going to look at resizes. I want to iron out a working mod for the standard ksp size, and then I'll work on resizes.

If you want I can write a config to double radius and distance of the stock system and PM it to you, but I wont test it for now (I don't have much free time and there are a lot of things to do :) )

---

speaking of things to do...

Awesome, cant wait to get started. Also small spelling error on boris system On main page. Keep up the good work!

I don't have enough time to test everything in this mod, if you (or anyone else) plan on using it make sure you report all the issues you find

if you can report by mailing me (you can find the link clicking on my name here on the left) that would be the best way, since I don't have much PM space left :D

It would be nice if you could include the config file in a zip in the download

sorry but I'm not going to do that untill the base mod is ready.

having that in would mean having to trouble shoot everything two times (one for the normal size and one for the double size)

Mabey kerbol plus or the chani pack?

I've sent a pm to elowiny for chani, I'm waiting a bit for kerbol plus since amarius keep saying he needs to fix some stuff, it would be a problem having to check for compatibility if he is still releasing fixes :) but I'll add that too when it becomes more stable

Hi Sigma88,

I develop the ResearchBodies mod which turns celestial bodie into Unknown objects until you discover them using a telescope and complete a research plan for each of them.

I would love to contribute to Galactic Neighborhood by making a modified version of ResearchBodies - configurable through a config file - so you can use it if/as you like !

Tell me if you are interested ;)

Hi simon, I am definitely interested in having research bodies compatible with galactic neighborhood :)

I was planning to finish the mod first and then add compatibility to mods like planetshine, DOE and research bodies.

But if you want to start working on the compatibility your help will be more than welcome :)

Surely you know your mod better than me and will do a much better job :)

If you need any help feel free to pm me here or by email

What if...

I edited the configs and merged this with KerbalGalaxy and Astrofox planet's and otherworlds ? (of course I wouldn't release it would be just for personal fun)

It would result in an EPICLY LARGE GALAXY!!!:confused:

What if...

I edited the configs and merged this with KerbalGalaxy and Astrofox planet's and otherworlds ? (of course I wouldn't release it would be just for personal fun)

It would result in an EPICLY LARGE GALAXY!!!:confused:

feel free to experiment if you want :)

I won't mix galaxies for now, since the style of this mod is very different from the other galaxy mods

feel free to experiment if you want :)

I won't mix galaxies for now, since the style of this mod is very different from the other galaxy mods

If I ever manage to make it work, I will post a screenshot of the superlarge galaxy.

I made some fixes to KSPI-E which significantly makes traveling to neighbor stars easier.

KSPI-E 1.4.6 can be Downloaded at KerbalStuff

I manage to travel to a neighbor star with an SSTO under 5 years with a single tank of LqdHydrogen. Now if I had brought some Atmospheric scoops with we I would have been able to collect LqdHydrogen from a Gas Planet and be able to travel home, but I didn't. At least I now have confirmation that traveling to neighbor starts is feasible in an acceptable time-frame. Your probably spend much more time getting in the correct orbit than traveling between the stars.

nice!

did you have any problems while changing SoIs?

Well only when travel between the star SOI's, in other words the black hole SOI. The nav bar was spinning and creating nav point was a bit of a problem, but beside that everything works.

Btw, could the mass of the Black hole be reduced, thereby decreasing the speed of the rotation of the stars? I would make traveling between star at sub light speed a little easier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.