"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

Great dialogue in this one, Tedus is a hoot :D.

- - - Updated - - -

Bob may be annoying, as you say. But he certainly is a great straight man! :) He's quickly becoming one of favourites.

Heh...if I was sure you could remove/change/add a poll (because I might want a different one later) I would add a "Bob or Tedus?" question to the thread :)

Ah, the eternal internal struggle. Self-preservation vs. curiosity.

Yes indeed. And this is why Bob will always come around to do what's right for the program. He didn't just find that orange suit in a second-hand store!

- - - Updated - - -

Kuzzter, you put alot of work into this, and I found it entertaining. Great job!

Thank you! It's fun to do on this end, so I'm glad you like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Their dumb faces crack me up. :D

Me too. Honestly, doing these comics would be impossible if it weren't for the incredibly expressive but simple Kerbal reactions built into the game.

This might be the wrong place to ask, and a rather newbish question, but how do you get that Kerbstation 2 label and distance marker? I've seen those kind of markers on Manley docking tutorials, but I haven't figured out how to toggle them.

This might be the wrong place to ask, and a rather newbish question, but how do you get that Kerbstation 2 label and distance marker? I've seen those kind of markers on Manley docking tutorials, but I haven't figured out how to toggle them.

Press F4 when in range... ;)

So I'm sure everybody's thinking it but how long until we get a sticky hint hint moderators

Thank you, but the sticky honor was for the Duna comic being a 'thread of the month' for July. There will be a new stickied thread for August, for another deserving fanwork :)

Yup, I decided to depict THIS delightful situation in the comic :)

0sNgBHH.png

VjtSq7r.png

ETA: Before anyone studies the above too closely looking for debugging clues, this is NOT an actual screenshot, it's a composite of my own screen and some 'Hell Kraken' images I found online. I did not take a shot when this actually happened, and really am not about to try and reproduce the event :)

Edited by Kuzzter

Oh, now we are really getting risqué! First hydrazine (it sounds like booze... go home KSC officials, you're drunk!), than a hell kraken and a swear in French, the latter two being in the same strip! My god, maybe we are all Alec Baldwin's delusion! What? For the rest of the comic, *tinfoil-hattiness intensifies*

Egad, the Hell Kraken! I hope He chokes on the ship :(

Strange thing, I haven't had a true Hell Kraken attack in 1.x. I have gotten the same thing in all respects except for the signature Mark of the Beast altimeter, which is now blacked out like the Navball.

How close were you to Mun as you crossed its orbit?

How close were you to Mun as you crossed its orbit?

I wish I could tell you. I'm not even sure the Gilly miner did cross, one of the ships did go through Mun's SOI but I think it was the Evestation. As best as I can recall it was pretty far out, I was intending to miss the Mun entirely and was not happy when it intersected--I had been doing periapsis pumps due to the station's low TWR (single nuke, heavy ship) and after several iterations was finally ready--just as Mun moved in the way. Did the best radial burn I could to avoid getting pulled off course entirely.

Anyway, then I went over to Hummlebee for a while and worked on the Ike landings. By the time I was done with that, all the Eve ships had cleared Kerbin SOI. The Gilly miner happened to be the first one I looked at, and it had NaN readings similar to (but I cannot swear identical to) the composite picture above. I tried to switch to other ships, they were all NaN as well, so I... well, we'll let the rest play out in the comic :) I may have a backup .sfs somewhere that shows the situation before the Kraken attack, will look for it later.

Strange thing, I haven't had a true Hell Kraken attack in 1.x. I have gotten the same thing in all respects except for the signature Mark of the Beast altimeter, which is now blacked out like the Navball.

ETA: Now that I think of it, that was what I got too when this happened--I certainly would have remembered if I was at the Altitude of the Beast. Again, sorry for any confusion due to that composite image.

Edited by Kuzzter

Anyway, then I went over to Hummlebee for a while and worked on the Ike landings. By the time I was done with that, all the Eve ships had cleared Kerbin SOI. The Gilly miner happened to be the first one I looked at, and it had NaN readings similar to (but I cannot swear identical to) the composite picture above. I tried to switch to other ships, they were all NaN as well, so I... well, we'll let the rest play out in the comic :) I may have a backup .sfs somewhere that shows the situation before the Kraken attack, will look for it later.

Hmmm. I have Kerbal Alarm Clock set to create SOI-change alarms automatically 5 minutes prior, so I personally walk each ship across the boundary instead of letting nature take its course. I find this a bit safer in reducing the number of Kraken attacks and limiting the damage to the 1 doomed ship. Once the Hell Kraken attacks, the whole game's display is hosed as long as you keep running it so I just immediately exit the game. When I restart it, all the ships are OK except the one I was driving when it got eaten. That one is just flat gone without a trace.

Hmmm. I have Kerbal Alarm Clock set to create SOI-change alarms automatically 5 minutes prior, so I personally walk each ship across the boundary instead of letting nature take its course.

Yup. I started doing that myself after this incident--it entered the official regs as "Kerbfleet General Order 66". :)

Good thing Clauselle was paying attention during Bill's visit!

I had that Kraken visit me for the first time just a few days ago. I went into the tracking station and selected my Sentinel probe and ... Bam! the Kraken strikes. Blank or NaN readouts and ship just gone after shutdown and restart.

Beautifully played Kuzzter, as usual.

Happy landings!

Edited by Starhawk
moar info

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.