"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

Oh no.....the pencil pushers......it's worse than the Kraken...... :(
But...but..."Moar funds!"??? What about the exploration? Adventure? Death-defying stunts and explosions? *whips out a pitchfork and a burning torch* DOWN WITH MORT! TAKE BACK THE SPACE!
Nooooooo! Kerbfleet's been taken by the dark side!
Booooooo! Hisssssssssssss!
OH MY GAWD ITS INSANE

THE SHIP IS CRASHING!!! ABORT ABORT!!!! KERBRFLEET IS JUMPING THE SHARK AND MY MIND IS EXPLODING!!!!!!caps

x |

la|

x |

Wow, I'm glad this is the internet and there's really nothing to burn! Well, Mort's said his piece and now it's Our Heroes' move. Will they? Won't they? AAAAHHH!!! Really, your guess is as good as mine at this point. The Kerbfleet save file is exactly where I left it, though I admit the "Bill Space Program" folder has had some activity as of late...

Is that the old mort test artwork with the creepy smile?

It must be, I just did an image search and found it right away.

I found the Airplane reference! Way to go, Admiral Shirley!

But...

BOOOOOOO!

HSSSSSS!

I will always be here for you, Dman. But I am never doing the one about the gladiator movies.

Wow, I'm glad this is the internet and there's really nothing to burn! Well, Mort's said his piece and now it's Our Heroes' move. Will they? Won't they? AAAAHHH!!! Really, your guess is as good as mine at this point. The Kerbfleet save file is exactly where I left it, though I admit the "Bill Space Program" folder has had some activity as of late...

I take it bill resorting to the black engineer magic of part mods is off the table? no extraplanetary launchpads or usi for financial independence? no defecting to the krussians to leverage their tantares mod technology?

It would seem without mods the obvious approaches are either.

A. Piracy: Steal craft and cobble together a macgyvered plan.

B. Start over: Bill Starts his own program to make a low tech eve lander as soon as possible.

C. Cooperate: work within morts system and manipulate this world of business and funds to provide a low cost solution under morts nose.

NOOOOOO!!!!

The evil Mort has taken over the space program!

BOOOO!

HISSSS!

*deploys radiators, again*

I guess another option for escaping Morts cold claws is to steal the Hummlebee now and fly into the administration building with it. It is suicidal, but if you eject at the right time the pilot may survive it. Else he/she would die heroically for the sake of all kerbalkind ;.;.

"Please send snacks and booze"

A TRUE hero's words. I salute you.

Also, at the end of CH 3, with him walking away epically like that, I was reminded of this. The music fits it perfect and you can just replace IM with Tedus. Just play this and marvel (eh puns) at how alike the scenes are. Sorta. I just thought it was reminiscent of Tedus at CH 3 end...

Edited by ryan234abc

In before the Astronaut Korps revolt and steal some spaceships :D

Somehow I read this and though you were talking about them stealing snacks. I swear it was written "spacechips". That's what sleep deprivation does to you, I guess...

I take it bill resorting to the black engineer magic of part mods is off the table? no extraplanetary launchpads or usi for financial independence? no defecting to the krussians to leverage their tantares mod technology?

It would seem without mods the obvious approaches are either.

A. Piracy: Steal craft and cobble together a macgyvered plan.

B. Start over: Bill Starts his own program to make a low tech eve lander as soon as possible.

C. Cooperate: work within morts system and manipulate this world of business and funds to provide a low cost solution under morts nose.

Love A. But they will all get either dead or fired. BUT then we can all go to plan B.

I like B. Bill can swim to the island, and start from scratch. Former employees can swim as well (actually that's the entrance exam. Make it to the island, you have a job. If you don't....well that's obvious).

Don't do plan C. It will take too long and the intrepid duo on Eve will become KerbalDogs.

Edited by GDJ

Interesting that Sharkman and I both made Mort the badguy; but then again, isn't that the case in real life space programs? Financials have done more to inhibit exploration than krakens ever did....

"Mort" has always run my space programs even before he existed in the game. The "TC" in KTC and OTC officially means "Trading Company", the "Travelling Circus" just being a nick like "John Company" was to the historical East India Company. Anyway, the "ringmaster" of the "travelling circus" is appointed by the King to grow the empire and enhance its prosperity (plus turn a healthy profit for its royal and noble investors) by exploiting space. This is a very serious matter carrying very serious consequences for failure, so requires a very serious person. Because most Kerbals don't want to leave their underground homes let alone go to space, "Mort" and his pressgangs are often seen as evil by the kerb-on-the-street, and they often organize flashmobs in protest using technology Mort's efforts have created and made available to consumers. But being a nob, he pays no attention to the clamoring of peasants :).

Hum, may I remind Mortimer that one of the biggest part providers for KerbFleet is Jeb's Junkyard? If Jeb wants to put a ship on Eve he probably can do it by himself and he probably can arm wrestle the Board of Directors to submission just by menacing to up prices ;)

Edited by r_rolo1

It would certainly be interesting to see a space programme making ships entirely from Jeb's Junkyard parts.

I'm not sure if it would be entirely possible. You could definitely run missions around the Kerbin system with them, but you'd be lacking in the electricity department. Of course, you could easily run a program on mostly Jeb Junkyard parts, with a few minor parts being supplied by other companies. Heck, he could launch a couple of tourist missions and then have enough money to buy the required parts from other suppliers.

I'm not sure if it would be entirely possible. You could definitely run missions around the Kerbin system with them, but you'd be lacking in the electricity department.

Hmm true... But then again, it's a junkyard so who knows what old parts will pop up? In this video, Jeb is tinkering with a battery: https://youtu.be/54fDJKgjUrs

Plus, electricity is overrated when you have manned craft and engined that generate electricity when thrusting ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.