"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

I'm afraid the side blocks might have better aerodynamics than the central. (And the wing parts on the craft on the top don't make it any better)

But they look wicked cool, right?

How long does it take you to make these, Kuzzter? I would imagine that it all depends on the content, but I'm referring to the actual artwork, aside from gameplay?
It is indeed highly variable. Sometimes I throw a few screenshots together, it all works, and it's ten minutes a page. Sometimes I spend ten times that tweaking things--trimming the dialogue so that the word balloons fit better, lining up the images and re-sizing, etc. Then if I have to do custom art like the "power walk" one the last page of D,OB all bets are off :)

@Kuzzter

Thank you for this series, it's quite good.

Your design of the M7 made me do some math here at work.

Is it true that the first stage has about 9km/s delta v at Eve Atmopressure 5? And that Stage 2 has about 14km/s to 17km/s ?! I think I did something wrong with my math there or not?

Well, it'll eject the outer six by that point over Eve so hopefully the core stage will fly straight. M7, by the way, is for the 7xMammoths.

If you're ejecting the outer six by the time you get to Eve, then how come in-universe, Bill says that they need al of them to get off of Eve? Just pointing out a contradiction between what you said and what's in-universe for the comic.

If you're ejecting the outer six by the time you get to Eve, then how come in-universe, Bill says that they need al of them to get off of Eve? Just pointing out a contradiction between what you said and what's in-universe for the comic.

He said they would be ejecting them by the time they were at that altitude on Eve.

As in they are to be dropped during the Eve ascent.

Is it true that the first stage has about 9km/s delta v at Eve Atmopressure 5? And that Stage 2 has about 14km/s to 17km/s ?! I think I did something wrong with my math there or not?

No, it doesn't have nearly that much. I think I have about 8-9 km/s total vacuum dV, for all three stages. I know I could have gotten more by making the outer six asparagus instead of one go, but decided to live dangerously :)

He said they would be ejecting them by the time they were at that altitude on Eve.

As in they are to be dropped during the Eve ascent.

Correct--sorry for the confusion.

All right, I promise this plan only has six or seven more layers. All the pieces are on the board now, let's let it play out!

FsYTLfB.png

f9d0cfD.png

YnYYoaB.png

vIWxxKG.png

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the whole Imgur album for chapter 5, I feel like there should be more?

Hasn't been written yet, Lion. :) I post the albums as I complete each chapter.

And then what happens?

I don't know. Kuzzter wouldn't tell us that part. :)

Well, things are definitely getting serious.

I can think of several uses for the Kranefly, but the whole suborbital trajectory thing has me wondering.

Thanks once again Kuzzter.

Happy landings!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.