Dark Multiplayer: Interplanetary Warfare Server! (Sandbox + Career)

What is this?

Well, essentially, this is a server for the mod called "Dark Multiplayer" which allows players to play together in KSP on servers.

You can build space stations together with friends, you can do aerobatics, you can fight each other, and do so much more with this mod.

The rules are simple for this server. You can join together with friends in your own faction, or go solo and handle your own force.

All you need is just a unique color for you or your faction, a simple idea on how to manage an effective military, and some diplomacy skills!

You don't just hop on and fight everything in sight. You make allies, declare war, and even perform scientific operations with neighbors.

This isn't your average war server, you practically are controlling a nation which can claim small plots of territory, negotiate, fight, and do many more things.

Will you destroy the Kerbol system, or will you unite it? You decide as you and your allies fly into victory or defeat!

Rules

The rules are somewhat simple:

1. All crafts must be labeled before the name to ensure that a, for example, satellite would be yours and not the next guy's. (Example: KSS Eximpru; KSS Omega; FS Otsu; SOMA Doqon)
  2. No cheats or hyper-edit. We know when a player hyper-edits. Cheaters will be kicked.
  3. Factions that do not want participate in any and all wars must have this label before their craft: PF-(faction label). (Example: PF-KSS Eximpru; PF-KSS Omega; PF-FS Otsu; PF-SOMA Doqon)

4. The only way to claim territory is have a central base, claiming an area of 5km around it. No defenses may be built outside of this 5km zone, but any extra bases outside of this zone have a 2km radius around them.

5. The maximum area allowed for one base is 10km, and the maximum number of bases for one faction is 10 bases.
  6. Destroying an enemy vehicle without a declaration of war is automatically a declaration of war.

May the greatest faction win!

If you wish to contact me for any reason relating to the server, my Skype is lolcatzco.

I will likely appear as Techiastronamo in Skype.

My steam is Techiastronamo as well if you want to contact me that way.

Server Info

Sandbox Mode Server

IP: 158.69.139.112

Port: 6702

Maximum Players: 30

Career Mode Server

IP:158.69.139.112

Port: 6703

Hardcore Server

IP:158.69.139.112

Port: 6704

Required Mods:

1) BDArmory: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85209-1-0-2-BDArmory-v0-8-3-%28critical-fixes-improved-AI%29-Dev-Thread-May-30 Download latest version of BDArmory.

2) BDArmory DMP Plugin: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/130464-WIP-1-0-4-BDArmoury-DMP-Add-on Download the BDDMP, replacing any and all files.

For those moderators who don't know, yes, I did get permission to have both links up there from the developers of the mods

3) Firespitter

4) KAX

5) Alcubierre Warp Drive Hardcore server only, incompatible with other servers! NOTICE: NOT YET IMPLEMENTED

6) Ferram Aerospace Research Hardcore server only, incompatible with other servers!

Edited by Techiastronamo
Hardcore mode preperations.

I can connect to other servers, but not this one.

I'll try to sort out the issue with the server, though I see no reason why it would not work.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, it should work now. I changed the port to 55905, which should work since I know that it is port forwarded (I've not checked if 6702 was port forwarded since my last server for DMP).

And, it is not working for me either. I'll just make the topic say that it's not online until I figure the issue out.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you mind starting a sandbox server so those of us who hate career can play as well?

Sure, I'll do that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Realization: I had 2 servers running at once. 55905 is the regular port for the Career. It should work if you make sure the port is 55905.

Edited by Techiastronamo

Why no bd armory? I have 3 replica jets that are awesome dog fighters. Fighting drones all day is fun, but this would be better.

2Y7hTEO.png

Does dogfighting even work yet? Last time I played dark multiplayer crafts couldn't interact in atmosphere.

Edited by clown_baby

Why no bd armory? I have 3 replica jets that are awesome dog fighters.

http://i.imgur.com/2Y7hTEO.png

Does dogfighting even work yet? Last time I played dark multiplayer crafts couldn't interact in atmosphere.

Yeah, I am going to insert BD Armory as a required mod later. I just want to see how this will work out for the first few days, then I'll make it a requirement for BD Armory.

- - - Updated - - -

So, this is a vanilla server, right?

We plan on having BD armory after the first few days of testing the game.

Are you planning on using my BD Armory plugin for this? I suppose it will be the first proper test! :)

Please tell me if you have any problems. I'm always in #DMP, which you can access from http://d-mp.org, or by connecting to esper.net with an IRC client.

Also, if you think you have a good idea for the DMP plugin for BD Armory, please feel free to let me know - I may just integrate it :)

Are you planning on using my BD Armory plugin for this? I suppose it will be the first proper test! :)

Please tell me if you have any problems. I'm always in #DMP, which you can access from http://d-mp.org, or by connecting to esper.net with an IRC client.

Also, if you think you have a good idea for the DMP plugin for BD Armory, please feel free to let me know - I may just integrate it :)

Yes, I plan on adding BD Armory to the server after the first few days of testing the server without it. Thanks for the info!

I can't connect to the server. I entered everything in, even the new port, but it just takes forever to connect.

It is usually down from Midnight to 9AM or 10AM in US Central Standard Time.

- - - Updated - - -

Sandbox server is now up and operational! BD Armory will be implemented sometime next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Woah, so Jean tried to connect and I guess I didn't set up the second server right, so it interferes with the first server. I need to fix that, so the sandbox server will be down temporarily.

It is usually down from Midnight to 9AM or 10AM in US Central Standard Time.

- - - Updated - - -

Sandbox server is now up and operational! BD Armory will be implemented sometime next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Woah, so Jean tried to connect and I guess I didn't set up the second server right, so it interferes with the first server. I need to fix that, so the sandbox server will be down temporarily.

so that's why it was so glitchy? i'd never imagine it was because of that. :huh:

so that's why it was so glitchy? i'd never imagine it was because of that. :huh:

Yeah.

I need to change the IP for the sandbox server to allow it to run with the other server running too at the same time. So in the next few days, no sandbox until I figure out how to do such a task.

Hey Tech, sent you a PM. Let me know if you'd be down. I have connections with the creator of BDArmory and DarkMultiplayer to help make this work smoother, and we have a lot of experience with the technicalities of how different mods work with DMP that I think you would find helpful. HMU

Alright! Glad to have you guys helping! I think this could actually work with the proper support for both the gameplay and the satisfaction of the players! I've implemented BDArmory and the plugin for it into the server, hopefully Bahamuto will let me make a pack containing both the plugin and his BDArmory mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.