Getting started with simple things - ores?

Zambaku

I hope this is the right plce to ask about this. I'm in the mood to add some new ores to my game, just something simple to start with, diamonds which I imagine could be found in rare deposits on asteroids. Any tutorials or documentations that I could read up on about adding ore? Also, do I have to start a new game for the effects to take place? I have a career mode I'm rather invested in.

Many thanks in advance for both your help and patience.

I haven't done this before myself so take what I say with a grain of salt ...

Adding a resource just takes a simple config file - see Community Resource Pack for a config file that adds a lot of resources (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91998)

Then you need something to harvest the resource - look at the existing drill config files and under a section named something like "ModuleHarvestResource" and either add your resource or add a new drill - ModuleManager (MM) is a really good way to do this (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-Module-Manager-2-1-5-%28May-22%29)

Then you need tanks to store the stuff in - same as above MM is the way to go for this - add a tank(or tanks). I haven't seen any manuals on doing this - just study the existing config files.

Depending on what you want to do with the resource may require a plug-in or just another config file. If your just selling your diamonds (I think) it's just a config edit.

And of course you want to do this in a test setup (or back-up your save file).

Happy modding!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.