[1.0.5] RSS Planets & Moons expanded v0.12.0 Sedna is finally here!

pozine

2 hours ago, flashfire2205 said:

This Mod looks awesome although I am playing on 1.2.2  with the latest version of RSS but it does not work with it 1.2.2. Is this mod dead or will it come to 1.2.2.

I posted the answer to this exact question in the last post before yours

I suggest you take a look at least at the last post on a thread before asking questions that might be already answered

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
13 hours ago, Wallygator said:

I am very curious if this mod is now dead or has someone agreed to have taken it over. 

Just a little info would be appreciated. 

Most likely still worx... Just make sure you use the latest Kopernicus

Seems I was incorrect.
See PhineasFreak's reply two posts down

Edited by Stone Blue
Correction on incorrect info

15 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

You are going to have a really bad time using the old pack, considering that some of the bodies are now part of RSS itself and they will conflict and most probably crash KSP on load.

Link: https://github.com/PhineasFreak/RSSExpansion (although more or less in maintenance - only mode).

fab!  thank you @Phineas Freak

On 1/4/2019 at 8:43 AM, Phineas Freak said:

You are going to have a really bad time using the old pack, considering that some of the bodies are now part of RSS itself and they will conflict and most probably crash KSP on load.

Link: https://github.com/PhineasFreak/RSSExpansion (although more or less in maintenance - only mode).

OK so... providing a bit of a status report:

I was able to get both RSS and RSS Extended to run well (so far) on 1.6.0.  Haven't launched anything yet.  Plugged in RO as well, which seems to run fine.

Some flashing orbit lines at times - but nothing obtrusive.

Had to delete the principia cfg file in RSS Extended - to avoid a couple of loading errors, that's all.

Edited by Wallygator

Kopernicus bug, also happens in "stock" RSS.

Had to delete the principia cfg file in RSS Extended - to avoid a couple of loading errors, that's all.

Can you open a GitHub issue and post a log file there? I am aware that some things have changed in the newer MM versions but i never tested the pack using them. Or it may be just a stupid typo...

Edit: and most probably it was a stupid typo (well, multiple). Grab the latest Principia config file from the repo and try again.

Edited by Phineas Freak

3 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Can you open a GitHub issue and post a log file there? I am aware that some things have changed in the newer MM versions but i never tested the pack using them. Or it may be just a stupid typo...

Edit: and most probably it was a stupid typo (well, multiple). Grab the latest Principia config file from the repo and try again.

Thanks @Phineas Freak.  I'm still poking around.  Might delete RO on my current instance due to not having Real Fuels available.

As to to RSSex principia config error, I'll see if I can figure out how to post on Github. :) worst case I'll PM you any info I have.

However, as it stands now, this mod works brilliantly with 1.6.0 and the current version of Kopernicus from my perspective - the minor issues are really minor.

It's nice to see Sedna again - and to scratch my head as to how to get there...

16 hours ago, Wallygator said:

3 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

This is actually a stock bug that is only apparent when using Kopernicus to install packs with bodies that are far away from Sun, basically, things orbiting really far out suffer from this issue but in the stock game Eeloo is not far enough out to make this apparent.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:39 AM, corolor said:

You can use Principia with 1.6 ??

I have no idea, as I do not use Principia at the moment.  But there is a cfg file (EDIT: in the RSSex mod) which called it out.  So there was/is the intention I suppose.

Edited by Wallygator
clarification

• 4 months later...

For https://github.com/PhineasFreak/RSSExpansion

@Phineas Freak @linuxgurugamer

Resonant Orbit Calculator cache files for this mod:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ll3hou5neyjhqp/AADYthnmlbJGGNMAoQdk0Pkga?dl=1

Why do I post this?

Because with Kopernicus useOnDemand = true all cache files are black.
So I created them.

Disable Kopernicus onDemand where you find it:
    %useOnDemand = False
    %useManualMemoryManagement = False

Don't forget to reenable it after the testing.

Delete the files in
GameData\ResonantOrbitCalculator\PluginData\Cache\
then start the game one time.
Get to the Main Menu, wait a minute and then exit the game.

--

The cache files will not be overwritten once created, so you could set up a test install with only the planets, make a backup of the created cache and then copy the cache directly over on reinstalling the mod.

You need at least:

000_ClickThroughBlocker\
001_ToolbarControl\
CTTP\
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\
Kopernicus\
ModularFlightIntegrator\
ResonantOrbitCalculator\
Squad\

plus everything what belongs to the planet pack, like for example for RSS with RSSVE:
KSCSwitcher\
RealSolarSystem\
RSSDateTime\
RSS-Textures\
RSSVE\

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.