[1.0.4] - RealPlume - Stock Configs v0.8.1 - 2015/281

Felger

Oh! ok! Also, I was wondering, Felger, if you'd be willing to allow my team to include only enough of Real Plume to work with the SSP in the pack?

I wouldn't mind, though it'd probably be easier to just use CKAN and set it as a dependency, that way you get updates when I push updates to RealPlume, got some refinements in work for a few of the plumes (including the Hydrolox and Solid plumes).

Ok, I'll alert my team to set that stuff up! We are not yet ready to post SSP on CKAN yet, but we are getting close.

Also, if someone wants to go and create an awesome SSME effect, I would uncomplain so hard, I'm a little ambivalent about our current offerings on the Hydrolox front.

Every time i install this, plumes either turn invisible, or are still stock. i have all dependencies, everything is updated, and i have tried with no other mods installed.

Edit: Would ya look at that, the SmokeScreen download is missing an entire, important config file...that i can't find anywhere...

Edited by StickyScissors

Hey, thinking about getting this, but is it compatible with HotRockets? Meaning modifies the HotRockets effects to have a realistic plume?

HotRockets and RealPlume modify the same things for the most part so no, its not directly compatible but Felger has used components from HotRockets to make some of the plumes used in RealPlume

hola! just wanted to say, real plume is an amazing mod. i really appreciate all the work those of you put into it. i am curious, is there a way to decrease the amount of 'smoke particles' without loosing the 'plume effect'? in other words, if i've edited the 'maximumActiveParticles' can i prioritize the plume? i've taken a look at some of the .cfgs, but nothing seems to really stand out. if anyone has a solution or can direct towards one. thank you! keep up the amazing work. game on!

Edited by Azoix
whoops. spelling and such...

plume particles fizzle out so relatively quick you'd have to lower the max particle count to a few dozen to maybe see any effect on the plume if only using a single engine. The smoke particles persists the longest so they are always the most numerous and will be the ones to decrease well before any change is visible to other "faster" effects

I have an RP-0 install with both RealPlume and the toolbar but I still don't have the button for RealPlumes. As a result, I have incredible lag whenever I launch something with solid rockets since the max number of particles is way too high. Anyone have any recommendations or help? I've tried reinstalling both mods.

I have an RP-0 install with both RealPlume and the toolbar but I still don't have the button for RealPlumes. As a result, I have incredible lag whenever I launch something with solid rockets since the max number of particles is way too high. Anyone have any recommendations or help? I've tried reinstalling both mods.

If you can't get the button to show up, you might have other problems going on, but in the meantime:

Go to your smokescreen directory (.../GameData/SmokeScreen) and open SmokeScreen.cfg. Change the number in the maximumActiveParticles line to something smaller. I stick it at 400 instead of the apparently default 8000.

SmokeScreen
{
maximumActiveParticles = 400
atmDensityExp = 1
globalCollideDisable = False
globalPhysicalDisable = False
}

I love RealPlume very much, but there's one concern I have. Those who play along with the Engine Lighting mod will notice a discrepancy between the exhaust color and the lighting color.

Would be nice if RealPlume supported Engine Lighting by giving the right color.

I love RealPlume very much, but there's one concern I have. Those who play along with the Engine Lighting mod will notice a discrepancy between the exhaust color and the lighting color.

Would be nice if RealPlume supported Engine Lighting by giving the right color.

It looks like Engine Lighting has a hard-coded color for its light currently, I don't think RealPlume can fix that other than setting all plume colors the same as Engine Lighting.

It looks like Engine Lighting has a hard-coded color for its light currently, I don't think RealPlume can fix that other than setting all plume colors the same as Engine Lighting.

Not quite right, Engine Lighting uses this kind of patch to add its module to the engines:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:FOR[EngineLight] {
MODULE
{
name = tjs_EngineLight
isDebug = true
lightPower = 1.0
lightRange = 40.0
maxLightPower = 23.0
lightRed = 1
lightGreen = 0.88
lightBlue = 0.68
jitterMultiplier = 10.5
multiplierOnIva = 0.5
}
}

There are RGB values which can be patched with :AFTER[EngineLight]{ @lightRed=, @lightGreen=, @lightBlue= } for each specific engine.

--update--

RealPlume has a list of predefined exhaust types like Hydrolox-upper, Hydrogen-NTR etc. Each has a patch:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@PLUME[[I]NameOfExhaust[/I]]]:AFTER[zRealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]{}

These patches could include as well a section for EngineLight, this way we won't have to make a patch for each specific engine but for exhaust itself.

The author of these exhausts probably knows how each looks and creating a color patch won't be a problem for him.

Edited by Enceos