PSA: Minimum drill depth

mdkendall

Thanks. Useful.

Still hate "PSAs" though.

Mind elaborating? I like them as a tag to indicate "new gameplay info here", as opposed to questions, ideas, complaints and such, which I don't always read. Is your objection to that, or just that the acronym "PSA" was appropriated for it?

Mind elaborating? I like them as a tag to indicate "new gameplay info here", as opposed to questions, ideas, complaints and such, which I don't always read. Is your objection to that, or just that the acronym "PSA" was appropriated for it?

I think it's because there are just so many threads beginning with "PSA".

Good info. I just put them as low as possible and hope for the best. :P

I think it's because there are just so many threads beginning with "PSA".

Good info. I just put them as low as possible and hope for the best. :P

Yeah, "PSA" has started to come off as trite and a bit pretentious. Not saying you are either of those things. In fact I'm grateful for the info. That said, personally I'd leave "PSA" off the title.

Is that because the runway is raised?

Nope, I encountered the same thing on Mun with my first ISRU ship, had to send a probe with a klaw and a pair of drills so I could refill the fuel tanks as planned.

Related: is there a maximum drill depth?

I'm designing a new asteroid fetching system. The drills are so close to the claw, they almost touch the gray shroud.

Is this before or after they are deployed?

There is an arm that lowers and will lift you off the ground if your drill is too low.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.