Stuck In a Rut 2.0 - Update Blues

Captain Sierra

I'm in the same boat, the issues with the 1.0 release and relatively rapid fire updates through 1.0.4 have killed my interest in the game for the time being until we have some real stability again (hopefully after 1.1) so all the mods can be properly updated (and hopefully some of the lingering issues with the game will finally be fixed)...

Quoted for Truth. I stopped recently with the rapid updates leaving many mods behind. :( If anything I would only return once the game reaches something akin to 0.90 stability and the modders can catch-up.

KSP had lead me to become more aware of the downsides of continuous development. (not that there are not upsides, developer passion and attention is also a good thing).

EDIT: Performance is also a noted concern of mine too, if the core product is not optimize, no amount of features and mods could bring me really back.

Edited by DocUrlaub

Yea, same here... came back for a while, played half-way through the tech tree and burned out as well. Now I only pop from time to time looking for what's in a next version.

For now I'm catching up with some series I missed while being on a holiday, and occasionally play Take on Mars (looks like they plan to evolve that game in a similar direction to KSP, only in more limited way, yet it feels more serious than KSP does, which is a good thing).

The whole 1.0 release was a huge chance to reignite interest in KSP, but it was turned into a debacle by devs choosing to rush the release. Which is really a shame...

I have been stuck in that rut for like a year now and will probably not play it seriously before unity 5 64bit version is out and stable.

I have a feeling that is one of the reasons many mods have not updated yet either, since they know they will most likely have to rewrite alot of it when unity 5 build is released.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole 1.0 release was a huge chance to reignite interest in KSP, but it was turned into a debacle by devs choosing to rush the release. Which is really a shame...

The whole point of 1.0 was supposed to be to have a feature complete game that does not change so much between each version that saves and mods keep breaking. So to me 1.0 was a huge dissapointment.

They should have waited until after unity5 and after some serious bug testing period and optimization, to make sure that bugs like memory leaks are not happening anymore. Instead what they delivered was the least optimized version ever with loads of game breaking bugs and balance issues.

I can relate to y'all. Done NOTHING but build sstos for the past year. An' i'm still not that good at it. Still, it's better than nothing. :)

P.S. Aww is this thread REALLY going to divulge into a "1.0 was disappointing i hate it ive lost hope in this game" thread like so many others? :(

1.0 introduced a new core system, a new core physics system, and overhauled and existing core physics system. By the definitions of alpha/beta in the context of gaming, thats an alpha move, not something you pull on your gamma release. By that line of logic, KSP 1.0 was a failure. This is safely considerable as fact. The exact degree of failure is widely debated and subject to personal opinion. My personal belief that 1.0 was a glaring failure does not, however, mean I view KSP 1.0 as bad. KSP 1.0 was frustrating to have physics flip-flop so often and sit through so many hotfixes, but it was not bad. KSP 1.0 also is not a contributing factor to my slow loss of faith in Squad, there are other reasons for that, and it its contribution to my burnout mainly has to do with breakage of mods. So with that ...

/derail

This isnt a 1.0 b----fest, so thats the end of that line of discussion.

On the upside, spending less time launching rockets has done some good for my life away from the computer screen. That said, I've helped the burnout by making KSP more explosive. I'm now using Kerbal Launch Failure, with a custom adjusted failure rate of 1 in 10 instead of 1 in 50 (because I've gotten too good at building launch vehicles). Its ... an experience to have your launcher spontaneously explode without warning through no actual fault of your own.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.