New video on vimeo

Moesly_Armlis

After seeing this video today and observing the view count was 135 and was posted around June 2015.

Starting to realize that the kerbal community might not know of this.

Animation Reel

At time 0:36 there are some interesting kerbal stuff.

At time 0:45 I thought the kerbal was about to do the

It is a short reel of various clips from Dan R. Paulsen.

Who is Dan R. Paulsen?

P.S. Sorry Dan if this post breaks those statistic counters.

I don't get it. The guy uses a bunch of KSP promo video (Made by Squad) and puts some music to it, and then shows some of his own stuff? I assume? Unless he took the non-KSP stuff from somewhere else too?

I wanted to see more of the Men's Room/Ladies' Room sign stuff. That actually looked like it had potential.

I don't get it. The guy uses a bunch of KSP promo video (Made by Squad) and puts some music to it, and then shows some of his own stuff?

That is exactly what I thought when I first viewed this.

You need to know who Dan R. Paulsen is and than you will understand why this is important.

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

That is exactly what I thought when I first viewed this.

You need to know who Dan R. Paulsen is and than you will understand why this is important.

Ha. Egg on my face, I'll admit. Though really it looked like it was just a fan made compiled video with music over it. I'll admit I didn't click the link, but usually a link in this sort of post goes to a personal website, frequently with large links to their Patreon page. In my defense, Dan's a pretty common first name, and Paulsen =/= Rosas.

I take back what I said. Except about the Men's/Ladies' room signs. That was shaping up to be good and then it ended.

Ha. Egg on my face, I'll admit. Though really it looked like it was just a fan made compiled video with music over it. I'll admit I didn't click the link, but usually a link in this sort of post goes to a personal website, frequently with large links to their Patreon page. In my defense, Dan's a pretty common first name, and Paulsen =/= Rosas.

I take back what I said. Except about the Men's/Ladies' room signs. That was shaping up to be good and then it ended.

I believe rosas is his middle name. Dan R. Paulsen.

Just speculation though. Still haven't even been able to watch the video. :sticktongue:

- - - Updated - - -

I was loving all the kerbal stuff. And I too totally thought the Macarena was about to happen. That would've been awesome.

Then, a pig. So confused by that point. Then a bird with a cat fetish? and then restroom signs falling in love. Weird. :sticktongue:

Still good animations though!

Ha. Egg on my face,...

Don't worry the virtual egg will just wash away and does not stain pixels. I only know the team from their online names. Honestly I do not know any other full names of the development team other than Felipe Falanghe and now Dan R. Paulsen. Sorry team for being ignorant, I feel like a bad kerbal.

The EVA animations look interesting and I am hoping they will be implemented. The "Macarena", "sample gathering", and "panel repair" all look sweet. Are these the assets Dan was speaking of in last week's devnotes?

Daniel (danRosas)

Looking forward to start implementing the things I’ve been working on. I’ve been playing around with some assets. Modeling here and there, as well as texturing. Most of the work have been improvements, with a couple of new things to share in the near future.

@Endersmens

That pig scene was what got me too. I did not know who Dan R. Paulsen was at this time and thought why is this included with the kerbals.

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

Those animations are very old, they surfaced around .23-.24 as possible in game animations. Never made it past there I believe. They would be awesome if they got put back in.

Were you referring to these:

pickupa.gif

workc.gif

These are similar but not the same as in the video. The animations of Val have to be recent.

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.