Potatto

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Targetedmissle said:

Could someone make this for 1.9.1 please

Alright, fine. There are a lot of caveats, though.

• First of all, this is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 license. Potatto made all both the textures in this mod, and I simply used them in one of the worst ways possible.
  • You'll need KSP 1.9.1 and TextureReplacer 4.1.3.
  • The Kerbals in the main menu still have their Kerbal eyes rendered. This is because instead of using the texture in /Skins to overwrite the default texture, I copied the texture into the /Default directory. In flight, the only eyes your Kerbals should have are Scott's.
  • In order for your Kerbals to only wear Scott's skin and not anyone else's, you should remove TextureReplacer's default set of varied Kerbal skins in GameData/TextureReplacer/Skins/TR. There's also a TR.cfg in GameData/TextureReplacer that will become useless if you do this, so might was well get rid of it too.
  • This update is not efficient and I have done basically no testing on it besides that to make sure it sort of works in a vacuum.
    • Therefore, I offer no support. If you have problems with this, you're on your own. I don't plan to update or debug this in the future because looking at these textures makes me feel uncomfortable and I don't know what I'm doing anyway.

Now that I've tried to insulate myself from the consequences of this action, Here's my attempt at making this for 1.9.1.

• 1 year later...

Anyone know if this works in 1.12.1? I know there have been spinoffs, but they seem to include an extra set of eyes. I'd prefer if my Kerbals only looked like Scott.

Edited by Dman979
Added clarity.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.