[1.0.5] S^3 - SmallSolarSystem

Niemand303

That mod is just what i looking for! But can somebody help me with this:

http://i.imgur.com/s5wbnyO.png no oceans

http://i.imgur.com/KP6yiS0.png

http://i.imgur.com/33SxhqT.png this happens sometime.

Judging from the second picture you have RVE installed. The config conflicts with things so I would suggest removing it and waiting for someone to make a proper config or just use eve.

Judging from the second picture you have RVE installed. The config conflicts with things so I would suggest removing it and waiting for someone to make a proper config or just use eve.

I am not using RVE, only EVE. But even EVE removing is not helping. Anyway, thank you for answer.

It is a glitch of Kopernicus, I spotted this kind of behaviour in RSS too, try going to the tracking station and back, for me it fixes the glitch.

Probably I figured out what the point. So, it happens when i at 90-110 km above the planet and "SM3 Terrain Shaders" (in game settings) is on, if i higher or lower - i can see the oceans. But if i turn off "SM3 Terrain Shaders" it work normal and i can see the oceans at 90-110 km to. When i tested it, i find another bug: )))

GrbEBHP.png

Anyway, it is cool mod and i hope you will update it soon.

Edited by mortuus

• 2 weeks later...

So I installed RSS together with this mod and the Historic Missions Contracts - so far I have a ....load of fun, thanks my friend.

Is there a way to get clouds up and working with this? So far I had no luck trying different methods - has anyone succeeded and could give me a heads-up? :)

So I've thought of a potential solution for the "Phobos and Deimos have no solid surface" bug.

Do asteroids have a maximum size that the game engine can reasonably support? Not talking about max that it can spawn, I know that has an upper bound, I'm talking about the max that it can actually handle before things get wonky. If it doesn't, then how feasible would it be to just make P&D a couple custom asteroids with the right size, shape, mass, and orbital characteristics?

• 3 weeks later...
So, do you NEED RSS for this mod?

I want a Kerbal scale real solar system but not all the realism, just stock.

Realism comes with RO, not RSS. Also I'm looking towards making a version without RSS requirement, only textures, as NathanKell advised me.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

I notice Scatterer and EVE don't work with this mod, is there any way to get them working?

Yep, rename in the clouds.cfg of EVE, Kerbin to earth, Eve to Venus , Duna to Mars, etc etc. And you see the clouds.

You will however change the colors of Eve/Venus, they are now purple.........

Got EVE and Scatterer to work today, thanks for the tip. Looks amazing now :))))

[edit] only for earth though, mars and venus show no clouds/atmosphere even though I changed the names in the same cfg files as Kerbin.

Edited by Jimbodiah

Hmm strange..

my Mars:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D3A4ABEE97B1FC60!852&authkey=!ABzSYxrQm09OIZc&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

Made top clouds for this white.

here is my cfg (only earth and mars)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D3A4ABEE97B1FC60!851&authkey=!ACzH0EWEDCK9yqg&ithint=file%2ccfg

maybe you have to play with the heights of the clouds

Edited by HansB

hello, I am new to the forum and have been looking for a realistic solar system mod that doesn't increase the scale of the current solar system. I found this mod which is exactly what I'm looking for, but for some reason it doesn't work. like, it literally does nothing. please help

9 hours ago, the.fllying.ace said:

hello, I am new to the forum and have been looking for a realistic solar system mod that doesn't increase the scale of the current solar system. I found this mod which is exactly what I'm looking for, but for some reason it doesn't work. like, it literally does nothing. please help

Did you install Kopernicus, RSS and the RSS textures also?? It depends on these two..

and if you want realistic launchpads, also KSSwitcher.

6 hours ago, HansB said:

Did you install Kopernicus, RSS and the RSS textures also?? It depends on these two..

and if you want realistic launchpads, also KSSwitcher.

I haven't installed Kopernicus, but I have installed RSS and RSS textures, only problem is that for me it uses the RSS solar system and not the small solar system

3 hours ago, the.fllying.ace said:

I haven't installed Kopernicus, but I have installed RSS and RSS textures, only problem is that for me it uses the RSS solar system and not the small solar system

Ok then you are using the old version of RSS....  There was a small solar cfg for this.

I still have it, so if you want it, i can send it. But you should better upgrade your RSS to the new version, RSS version v10.4.1

then the it will work.

4 hours ago, the.fllying.ace said:

Install Kopernicus, Module Manager and RSS Textures for using the mod v2. I've deleted the v1 version of the mod, so they don't get mixed up. New mod doesn't requires RSS itself, only the textures.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.