[1.0.5] S^3 - SmallSolarSystem

Niemand303

Hey guys,

I might just be waaaaay too stupid for this. But anyway:

Lost almost half an hour trying to get this mod to work (and almost gave up). Followed many times the instructions exactly as they are on the first post: get the RSS textures, unzip the SSS folder and so on, try to open the game...And nothing.

Just then I found out that one needs Kopernicus to get things working properly...I know, it should be clear for anyone. But i've never messed with RSS or anything like it before, so it was a really painful path. Anyway: just saying all of this so that maybe @Niemand303 could include that in the inst. instructions?

Second: There's another discussion in the RSS thread about too much water covering the globe in SSS, and no rings in Saturn. As follows, @emtguf said there:

Yet the Saturn's rings part also remains a problem. Any help about that?

Many thanks!

On 28/04/2016 at 8:48 AM, d.frison said:

Hey guys,

I might just be waaaaay too stupid for this. But anyway:

Lost almost half an hour trying to get this mod to work (and almost gave up). Followed many times the instructions exactly as they are on the first post: get the RSS textures, unzip the SSS folder and so on, try to open the game...And nothing.

Just then I found out that one needs Kopernicus to get things working properly...I know, it should be clear for anyone. But i've never messed with RSS or anything like it before, so it was a really painful path. Anyway: just saying all of this so that maybe @Niemand303 could include that in the inst. instructions?

Second: There's another discussion in the RSS thread about too much water covering the globe in SSS, and no rings in Saturn. As follows, @emtguf said there:

Yet the Saturn's rings part also remains a problem. Any help about that?

Many thanks!

Open up "SSSKopernicus.cfg", search in Saturn for "Rings"

Rings
	{
		Ring
		{
			angle = 0
			outerRadius = 2500
			innerRadius = 1250
			texture = RSS-Textures/SaturnRing
			color = 1,1,1,1
			lockRotation = false
			unlit = true
		}
	}

I think that in your .cfg file, outerRadius is 250 and innerRadius is 125, so you just need to add a 0

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:33 AM, Installation 09 said:

Hello! Amazing job but i have one problem.. The sun is the real sun, so i have rescale planets and moons but the sun is way too big, and i don't now how to fix that, if someone can help me i will be happy!!:):P

Move planets farther away from the sun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.