KSP Wasn't Designed For This....

Jett_Quasar

I just installed Kerbal alarm clock for the first time last week, after playing this game for 3-4 years now. I have already realized what I was missing. But to be honest, I think I would go crazy trying to manage all those SOI's, circulizations, aerobraking...... Pretty sure a couple would end up lithobraking....

My tinfoil hat is off to you good sir. That is a feat of logisitics.

It's funny, nobody asked how I constructed that Eve base with multiple modules docked together on the surface - Eve is notorious for not being able to land things in a specific location. BTW I had a second base that I was going to build but after the first one... well you know what happened.

JR

That's impressive... I always wanted to do something like that but I have a hard enough time juggling 3 missions headed to the same place so I typically send things at least a few days apart. I know, transfer windows, I don't use them :P

It's funny, nobody asked how I constructed that Eve base with multiple modules docked together on the surface

Actually, what I want to know is, how did you make the giant double ring on your space station?

I feel your pain dude. My Jool-5 attempts have gotten increasingly bigger and more complicated due to my impatience over the transfer window xD

I also hope that someday KSP will be "designed for" or at least able to better handle stuff like this.

Wow that is very impressive.

I built crazy large things around minmus in my last save involving many flights at once = me trying to save time by doing less time warp and more micromanagement style flight. Ended in something similar but nothing like that kind of scale you did there. Think i had about 4 or 5 flights at once, lol. Then it was becoming more like work, nit that streight away. So this time round its a one ship at a time affair - I have broke the rule sent a second rescue lol but I have to agree with you there, and like you said - wouldn't want to be left short or forget anything! Well played.

That first image freightened me, it resembles me taking my mother shopping on sundays, all over the damn place 50 times over. wow

What resource stuff? :sealed: Just kidding this was done in 0.90 so it wasn't available at the time. But your question prompted me check the save and I decided to import it to 1.0.4 and it works perfectly so I could add it now. There's still a bunch of base components in orbit waiting to be assembled. The quick save file is only 9.3 MB so I could put it in my drop box if anyone is interested in looking at it themselves...

JR

WabUAdz.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.