ASET Props Pack. v1.5 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

On 19.05.2017 at 4:43 AM, Nerezza said:

the Ablative gauge worked fine with DRC in an IVA I'm editing right now,

Yes, I made an automatic resource switch, depending on the availability of the DRE mode.  But, I can not test the functionality of this feature now, since the current version of the DRE mod does not work in KSP 1.3

On 19.05.2017 at 4:43 AM, Nerezza said:

it's next to impossible to see the camera display through the CRT's snow effect, so it probably needs to be toned down quite a bit.

Ok, Most likely, I agree with you. Apparently I overdid it with this "retro-look".

Edited by alexustas

On 01.06.2017 at 5:30 PM, MOARdV said:

Those props use an older way of displaying text in RPM that goes through stock KSP text display code that changed this release.  Once I figure out how to fix it, there will be an RPM update.

I have already translated most of the configs into a new module

Hi @alexustas - some interesting behavior I noticed.  When running the OSX version of KSP 1.3, when transitioning from the Space Center to a flight scene that has ASET assets, the program crashes to desktop.  With the exact same setup in 64bit Windows KSP, I have no problems whatsoever.  I'd imagine it has something to do with DirectX vs. OpenGL, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot that effectively.  Might have something to do with some of the sporadic issues 1.3 users are reporting.

7 hours ago, panarchist said:

Hi @alexustas - some interesting behavior I noticed.  When running the OSX version of KSP 1.3, when transitioning from the Space Center to a flight scene that has ASET assets, the program crashes to desktop.  With the exact same setup in 64bit Windows KSP, I have no problems whatsoever.  I'd imagine it has something to do with DirectX vs. OpenGL, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot that effectively.  Might have something to do with some of the sporadic issues 1.3 users are reporting.

Update RPM to beta 2.  There was a bug in beta 1 due to changes in KSP.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

It says Beta 3 now 

In the three weeks or so since I made the post you quoted, I released another beta for RPM.  That happens, occasionally.

• 5 weeks later...

@alexustas 

hey eh

i m a player from china, i like your mod very much,can i share it with my friends in my Chinese cloud disk account?,Because of the internet problem,my friends cannot download mod from here,so i hope you can agree to let me upload it into my cloud  disk account and share it with my friends,

of course i will indicate the resource and the author.

hope you can agree.

Best Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04.08.2017 at 6:00 AM, LeoSmithLi said:

@alexustas 

hey eh

i m a player from china, i like your mod very much,can i share it with my friends in my Chinese cloud disk account?,Because of the internet problem,my friends cannot download mod from here,so i hope you can agree to let me upload it into my cloud  disk account and share it with my friends,

of course i will indicate the resource and the author.

hope you can agree.

Best Regards.

Yes. No problem

I need beta testers to test and debug new props and cockpit layout. Powerful PCs, weak PCs, Linux, Apple, OpenGL, a minimum of mods, hundreds of mods, advanced players, beginners ...

And also, I would like very much to other IVA-builders took part in this test, it is very important to me to know your opinion, suggestions and comments about the major innovations in this update

Please PM me if you are interested

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2017 at 3:58 AM, alexustas said:

I need beta testers to test and debug new props and cockpit layout. Powerful PCs, weak PCs, Linux, Apple, OpenGL, a minimum of mods, hundreds of mods, advanced players, beginners ...

And also, I would like very much to other IVA-builders took part in this test, it is very important to me to know your opinion, suggestions and comments about the major innovations in this update

Please PM me if you are interested

I have a Mac running El Capitan and  Stock/modded versions of KSP. I can tell give you an opinion from a "average players" perspective if you like. 

• 2 months later...

I know you don't want to see this, and it's annoying, so either delete this comment or don't reply if you don't want to see it, but here goes:

I tried to update to KSP 1.3, but every time I launched it, my entire computer crashed (something to do with my gfx card) I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing helped, so I've gone to all my old mods to install them to 1.2.2 which is the only version that works. Some mods I haven't been able to find a legacy version for so I leave them alone, but your mod is so absolutely essential to me that I just had to ask you for this. I was wondering if you had a changelog or github release page somewhere that I could download an older version, or if you could PM me (If that exists, haven't been able to log into my account for a while) and coach me through coding so I can set it to an earlier version. (I promise I won't trouble you with error logs or anything if you do indeed decide to help me) or even just help me figure my way around the f=000000x or something like that; labels on random switches.

-Thank you very much for whatever you choose to do.

-KGEI

8 hours ago, alexustas said:

It says it's for 1.3, does it still work for 1.2.2 though? or was it 1.3.1 that made mods incompatible with older versions...

Also, I used this mod way back in 0.90, and 1.0 for the latest version, and both times my FPS crashed down to 25 or so in IVA, I tried replicating this on my mac laptop, and the same thing happened, albeit it went from 35 to 10 fps. Is this mod supposed to be graphically demanding? or is there just some compatibility problems with certain systems?

32 minutes ago, KGEI said:

does it still work for 1.2.2 though?

to be honest, I have no idea

we have a tricky relationship between Props version of RPM version and a version of the game. and I can not test anything, since I do not have a version 1.2.2 of KSP . Sorry (

crashed down to 25 or so in IVA,

usually this indicates an error (NRE), you can look at the log file or open the Debug window in the game.

1 hour ago, KGEI said:

It says it's for 1.3, does it still work for 1.2.2 though? or was it 1.3.1 that made mods incompatible with older versions...

ASET Props version 1.3 was released for KSP 1.0.x.  The props themselves are usable with any KSP version between 1.0 and 1.2.2.

What you will need for those props to work is the correct version of RasterPropMonitor.  The last version of it that works with 1.2.2 is v0.28.1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

ASET Props v1.5

• Two new, fully modular and adjustable prop types were added: "Modular Toggle Switch" and "Modular Push Button". With them, it is possible to create many different switches, both in form and in function. They were based on real switches from Korry and Zodiac Electric, tumblers and buttons used by NASA in Apollo and Space Shuttle programs, as well as switches used by Boeing.
  •  

CAUTION! In the next major version of ASET PROPS old tumblers and buttons will be removed.

All IVA makers are advised to switch to new, modular buttons.

• Added props that extend MechJeb autopilot function support.
  • Added props for Chatterer support.
  • Added props interacting with stock CommNet.
  • Added props for controlling docking and undocking.
  • Updated Mod Indicator Panel prop (thanks to NukeboyT).
  • Portable Timer prop can now show time to the currnt KAC alarm.
  • MFD40X20 now supports Astrogator.
  • All MFDs now use the JSISteerableCamera module.
  • MFD button backlight can now be toggled with the other props.
  • kOSMonitor finished and updated to use full functionality of JSISteerableCamera.
  • Life Support Monitor now supports TAC, USI-LS and Kerbalism.
  • Finished transitioning from the old JSIVariableLabel to the more advanced JSILable.
  • Added configs for Primitive_TRIANGLE_90 and Primitive_TRIANGLE_90_Beveled
  • Fixes for many other props.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2017 at 4:09 AM, alexustas said:

UPDATE!

ASET Props v1.5

• Two new, fully modular and adjustable prop types were added: "Modular Toggle Switch" and "Modular Push Button". With them, it is possible to create many different switches, both in form and in function. They were based on real switches from Korry and Zodiac Electric, tumblers and buttons used by NASA in Apollo and Space Shuttle programs, as well as switches used by Boeing.
  •  

CAUTION! In the next major version of ASET PROPS old tumblers and buttons will be removed.

All IVA makers are advised to switch to new, modular buttons.

• Added props that extend MechJeb autopilot function support.
  • Added props for Chatterer support.
  • Added props interacting with stock CommNet.
  • Added props for controlling docking and undocking.
  • Updated Mod Indicator Panel prop (thanks to NukeboyT).
  • Portable Timer prop can now show time to the currnt KAC alarm.
  • MFD40X20 now supports Astrogator.
  • All MFDs now use the JSISteerableCamera module.
  • MFD button backlight can now be toggled with the other props.
  • kOSMonitor finished and updated to use full functionality of JSISteerableCamera.
  • Life Support Monitor now supports TAC, USI-LS and Kerbalism.
  • Finished transitioning from the old JSIVariableLabel to the more advanced JSILable.
  • Added configs for Primitive_TRIANGLE_90 and Primitive_TRIANGLE_90_Beveled
  • Fixes for many other props.

This looks like a really great update, thanks for putting it together! :) In regards to "old tumblers and buttons," can you elaborate on what to replace the old buttons with? Do I need to completely redo my ASET IVAs, or is there an upgrade path where I can just rename things? I have several ASET IVAs, I'd hate to have to redo or retire them, so I'm hoping for a straightforward upgrade path.

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

In regards to "old tumblers and buttons," can you elaborate on what to replace the old buttons with?

Some examples of old tumblers would be the props in Switch_Tumble, Switch_Tumbler_3Pos, Switch_Tumbler_V2, and Switch_Tumbler_V3.  Those are all superseded by props under Switch_Toggle_Modular.  For a specific example, the swTumbleAG01 prop is replaced by tggl_AG01_T4W-S.  Presumably, you can rename the props in your config, although they may have a slightly different footprint.  I'm not entirely sure about which old buttons are being replaced, but the new ones are all in Push_Button_Modular (switch_B_Button01 and switch_B_Button02 are likely candidates).

There's definitely a bit of effort to migrate to the new props, but the modular nature of them also allows a great deal of customization options.  Take a look at the manuals on the first post for a fairly extensive coverage of what you can do with them (the first post in my MAS page has some examples - most of the buttons, switches, and so forth in that screen shot are modular props).

20 hours ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

aset props doesn't work for me. I have ASET in my gamedata folder and RPM 0.29.2 installed, but it shows nothing. Could anybody help me?

ASET props does not do anything by itself.  It's a collection of props that IVA makers can use to create enhanced IVAs.  You need to install an IVA that uses the props, such as

If that's not what you mean by "it shows nothing", please elaborate.

10 hours ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

which mods use aset props? could you give me a list?

Unfortunately, not very easily.  All of the mods alexustas created use them, since he created the props.  A few other aircraft mods also use them.  You might be able to find some by searching the forum for "ASET Props"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.