ASET Props Pack. v1.5 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

I need help!  I have tried to implement ASET props with HGR Home Grown Rockets mod.  It has not worked :( here is the link

The latest download features ASET props but does not work (my fault  :blush:) can someone help me fix my mistake?  The files are correct just the implementation into the game is incorrect. Please Help

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, I just checked spacedock.info and searched for ASET. I didnt see anything there. @alexustas I'm sure you probably heard, but kerbalstuff is no more, and has been replaced with www.spacedock.info I didnt see a github or curesforge link either, but I may have missed them. I'd like to get this mod back up so KSA IVA Upgrade will work, but I understand if you aren't able to get back to the mod. I really appreciate your work, and hope you can keep updating the mod!

Thanks!

I opened an issue on alexustas's GitHub account, but he's been very busy this fall / winter.  I haven't heard a response yet.

I believe the license allows me to redistribute the original prop zip files (and I'm sure a mod will let me know if I'm wrong).  These links are to DropBox, so please go easy on them:

ASET Avionics

ASET Props

I'll keep these links valid until alexustas puts them on spacedock or otherwise reposts the prop packs (or indicates he doesn't want them distributed).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, KerbaSpace said:

KerbalStuff is taken off the internet, so i can't download it anymore. Maybe add a new download link?

LITERALLY, two and three posts above yours...

Edited by Stone Blue

Can someone help me out real quick? I put some props in the Mk.1 command pod and while most of them went off without a hitch, I cannot for the life of me get the throttle to move. All of my other parts work flawlessly, and I guess the throttle does too, strictly speaking. The problem is that the lever doesn't visibly move, but you can grab an invisible version if you guess the location of where it should be relative to the thrust level. It can be dragged and operated just fine, I just see a "stuck" version of it. I tried changing the configuration file a bit, messing with the other throttlectrl and doing some copy pasta, but nothing makes it move. It's probably something simple I overlooked, but I can't find it.

I'm referring to this one by the way, ThrottleCtrlMouse

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

(Or put up a working download link because Kerbalstuff is down for good)

Here, @Gman_builder, I'll link you to the link, which is 5 posts up from yours. Always read the posts for such information, and be sure to check the dates on threads you post in.

I can't really figure out where the most appropriate place to ask this is, so forgive me!

I'm wondering if there's a resource out there somewhere that describes the instrumentation in the ALCOR pod. Most of it I think is pretty intuitive, but there are a few things I'm unsure about, particularly in regards to the orbital map display.

Basically looking for a user manual for the IVA props.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2016 at 0:59 AM, blorgon said:

I can't really figure out where the most appropriate place to ask this is, so forgive me!

I'm wondering if there's a resource out there somewhere that describes the instrumentation in the ALCOR pod. Most of it I think is pretty intuitive, but there are a few things I'm unsure about, particularly in regards to the orbital map display.

Basically looking for a user manual for the IVA props.

While some of the switches do something, the majority are there for just show and to make you look important as a pilot. Lights, the top shutter, the modes (ascent, decent and docking) and the visual displays are working models and so long as you have the dependencies to run them, they will work. 

1 hour ago, Matuchkin said:

@alexustas, Why is this still available from Kerbalstuff only? A bunch of mods require this, you can't just dump this project.

On 2/27/2016 at 8:12 PM, MOARdV said:

I opened an issue on alexustas's GitHub account, but he's been very busy this fall / winter.  I haven't heard a response yet.

I believe the license allows me to redistribute the original prop zip files (and I'm sure a mod will let me know if I'm wrong).  These links are to DropBox, so please go easy on them:

ASET Avionics

ASET Props

I'll keep these links valid until alexustas puts them on spacedock or otherwise reposts the prop packs (or indicates he doesn't want them distributed).

These link to the dropbox account and appear to be in good working order. Sorry for quoting you dv, but I guess he didn't see it. 

1 hour ago, ComatoseJedi said:

While some of the switches do something, the majority are there for just show and to make you look important as a pilot. Lights, the top shutter, the modes (ascent, decent and docking) and the visual displays are working models and so long as you have the dependencies to run them, they will work. 

These link to the dropbox account and appear to be in good working order. Sorry for quoting you dv, but I guess he didn't see it. 

I was actually wondering mostly about the flight computers, since some of the readouts (specifically on the orbital display; there's a discrepancy between the orbital display's ejection angle, and the ejection angle that KER gives, something I've learned since having asked this question).

Just now, blorgon said:

I was actually wondering mostly about the flight computers, since some of the readouts (specifically on the orbital display; there's a discrepancy between the orbital display's ejection angle, and the ejection angle that KER gives, something I've learned since having asked this question).

I'm actually trying to think of all what you can do with that pod. I haven't used it in a while. I know there's supposed to be a KOS screen in there (the really awesome, technical looking screen with the alphacode on it on the right of the pilot seat). Just as long as you have the MFD dependencies, that's really where most of the action takes place. I'm not really sure if the flight computers serve a purpose, but it's cool to just press buttons anyways to seem like you are doing something. But, this is a props pack. If you wanted to add functionality to the flight computers, I'm sure there is a way you can do that, but don't ask me how, I don't know, lol. dV might know more about adding more functions to these switches and gizmos. Frankly, I think it just looks cool to flip switches and act like you have a plan, which is why it's a props pack.

7 hours ago, blorgon said:

@blorgon If you have specific questions about discrepancies, I can probably address them, since I'm managing the plugin that controls those displays.  If it's more of a general layout / setup question, that'd have to wait for alexustas to return.  As for ejection angle - the results I have come from code originally in the Protractor plugin, which may have used a different method to compute the results.  Or, if you're using KSP 1.1 and my dev builds of RPM, it may indicate that Squad changed something under the hood and some of the values I use don't mean what they used to mean.  I'd need to know more about your installation to diagnose the issue.

5 hours ago, MOARdV said:

@blorgon If you have specific questions about discrepancies, I can probably address them, since I'm managing the plugin that controls those displays.  If it's more of a general layout / setup question, that'd have to wait for alexustas to return.  As for ejection angle - the results I have come from code originally in the Protractor plugin, which may have used a different method to compute the results.  Or, if you're using KSP 1.1 and my dev builds of RPM, it may indicate that Squad changed something under the hood and some of the values I use don't mean what they used to mean.  I'd need to know more about your installation to diagnose the issue.

I don't think it's necessarily an issue, so much as it is that the orbital display seems to show information differently than KER, and so it can get confusing. I'm almost positive this is a case of user error. For example: I had used the targeting computer to set my target for Duna. Alex Moon's planner told me my ejection angle would be ~150° to prograde. So I time warped to the window, waited until the orbital display's ejection angle readout was at 150°, then burned prograde. I ended up on a transfer going almost entirely in the wrong direction. I watched one of @nukeboyt's all-IVA videos, and noticed they performed their transfer to Duna when the ejection angle on the orbital display was approaching 0°. I quickloaded, and tried again, this time waiting until the display was close to 0°, and the transfer turned out perfect. So it seems that the ejection angle readout is actually reading the angle TO the ideal ejection angle, maybe?

My original question was whether there was a resource that clearly explains what the readouts mean, since they weren't immediately apparent to me. I've since gotten the hang of all-IVA flying, but my first couple of flights were almost always just shots in the dark.

Anyway, again, I don't think there's a problem with the mod. It is almost assuredly an issue of me being inexperienced.

49 minutes ago, blorgon said:

So it seems that the ejection angle readout is actually reading the angle TO the ideal ejection angle, maybe?

My original question was whether there was a resource that clearly explains what the readouts mean, since they weren't immediately apparent to me. I've since gotten the hang of all-IVA flying, but my first couple of flights were almost always just shots in the dark.

Ah, ok.  Yeah, RPM (and this display) gives you the angle from the ideal angle.  When it hits zero, it's time to burn.  That's how the Protractor plugin portrayed its values.

As for documentation?  Jeb doesn't read the manuals, why should anyone else? :cool: Just mash buttons (and make sure you did a quicksave, first). :D

Just now, MOARdV said:

Ah, ok.  Yeah, RPM (and this display) gives you the angle from the ideal angle.  When it hits zero, it's time to burn.  That's how the Protractor plugin portrayed its values.

As for documentation?  Jeb doesn't read the manuals, why should anyone else? :cool: Just mash buttons (and make sure you did a quicksave, first). :D

:D

I fly Valentina for all my missions. She tends to be a bit more... nuanced.

2 hours ago, blorgon said:

I don't think it's necessarily an issue, so much as it is that the orbital display seems to show information differently than KER, and so it can get confusing. I'm almost positive this is a case of user error. For example: I had used the targeting computer to set my target for Duna. Alex Moon's planner told me my ejection angle would be ~150° to prograde. So I time warped to the window, waited until the orbital display's ejection angle readout was at 150°, then burned prograde. I ended up on a transfer going almost entirely in the wrong direction.

Unless I'm mistaken, for an interplanetary transfer, you have to get the Phase angle near zero and then go the next time that the Ejection Angle approaches zero.    Were you doing that?

30 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

Unless I'm mistaken, for an interplanetary transfer, you have to get the Phase angle near zero and then go the next time that the Ejection Angle approaches zero.    Were you doing that?

I wasn't. I'll try that out tonight. Love your videos by the way.

6 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

will this mod work on 1.1?

This mod is a parts pack.  It works just fine as-is, but you *do* need to update RasterPropMonitor so the props will actually do something.

2 hours ago, MOARdV said:

This mod is a parts pack.  It works just fine as-is, but you *do* need to update RasterPropMonitor so the props will actually do something.

cool thanks i didnt know if the new version broke this or not. i love your mod btw 

Edited by xD-FireStriker

6 hours ago, MOARdV said:

If you are right then where do these errors come from: gakqf00.jpg

They only occur when I got the ASET stuff installed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.