ASET Props Pack. v1.5 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

On 2/10/2017 at 9:00 AM, xv323 said:

@MOARdV

Here's the log file as you requested.

It looks like the crash is happening during RPM prop configuration.  I will need to take a look here to see if I can figure out what is going on - there are a couple of unknowns that I can't get to without making source code changes.

2 hours ago, MOARdV said:

It looks like the crash is happening during RPM prop configuration.  I will need to take a look here to see if I can figure out what is going on - there are a couple of unknowns that I can't get to without making source code changes.

Thanks. If you need anything further from me at any point as you look into this, ping me a message and I'll do my best.

So I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask this. If not, just let me know and I can delete it and take my stuff to the right place.

I'm having an issue show up with CKAN when trying to install this:

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Exception of type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' was thrown.
   at CKAN.Registry.LatestAvailable(String module, KspVersionCriteria ksp_version, RelationshipDescriptor relationship_descriptor)
   at CKAN.CkanModule.FromIDandVersion(IRegistryQuerier registry, String mod, KspVersionCriteria ksp_version)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.<RelationshipResolver>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(String name)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(IEnumerable`1 module_names, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IRegistryQuerier registry, KspVersionCriteria kspversion)
   at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(IRegistryQuerier registry, IEnumerable`1 change_set, KspVersionCriteria ksp_version)
   at CKAN.Main.<UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts>c__async1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CKAN.Main.<ModList_CellValueChanged>c__async0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///H:/Chrome%20Downloads/ckan.exe
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1636.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I'm a little too dumb to know what any of this means. Only seems to be hitting this mod.

Hello Alex. Thank you for your great work. The new props are looking great and i am really looking forward to using them.
I am having the same problem that @xv323 and @MOARdV were discussing above. I use your props on my mods and the problem appeared when i tried to update the props on my Gemini Mod.
Tried to narrow it down but the game crashes even with only RPM/ModuleManager/Aset Props and Mk1_Lander_Can_IVA_Replacement installed.

I go to the VAB, select the Mk1 Lander Can, add no further parts and click launch. The game starts loading and crashes before getting to the launchpad.

@MOARdV i uploaded my log file too in case it helps https://we.tl/nppuC4iK0L
Let me know if you need anything else.
I'm on KSP version 1.2.2, and Mac OSX 10.10.5.
Hope this helps in narrowing down the issue. And again thank you both for your work.

Edited by silentvelcro

18 hours ago, xv323 said:

@alexustas @MOARdV any news on a fix for this issue?

Sorry.  I've been thoroughly busy on other projects, so I have not had the chance to investigate.  It appears to be limited to some Mac / Linux configurations (unless I missed a report on a Windows installation seeing it), but I don't know what aspect of that is relevant, if anything.  It may be smaller vidmem on those particular machines, plus a less-than-graceful handling of out-of-memory; it may be bad handling of some of the textures that are reporting errors at load time; it may be something else.

@alexustas @MOARdV Sorry if this is duplicated in anyone else's KSP.log that may have been linked earlier...

I'm getting loading errs for some of the MFD screens...
Most of them are from odd-sized .dds textures, which also seem to have duplicate .pngs packaged with them... ??

Am I correct in assuming when a texture is duplicated, but as different file types, KSP will load the FIRST file type it comes across, based on alphabetical order?

Because when I delete the offending .dds's, the .png's seem to then load error-free...

Here's the relevant log snippet I'm getting:

Spoiler

ASET Props

[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\Instruments\IndicatorPanel5x3\screen-emissive.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD40x20\bg01.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD40x20\bg02.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD40x20\screen-emissive.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD40x20\screen.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD60x30\BG62x30.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD60x30\MapMask.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD60x30\screen-emissive.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD60x30\screen.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORPFD\HDG.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\kOSTerminal\bg03.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\kOSTerminal\screen-emissive.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\kOSTerminal\screen.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ScreenPlates\scalebar.dds'
[WARNING] [DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator57.MoveNext] Texture load error in '\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\Misc\PSU\screen-emissive.dds'

Almost all .dds have dupe .pngs... Changed extension for .dds to load .pngs...???
Worked for all except 1st err, which seems to have a different issue?

I also seem to be getting a couple errors for a missing texture, as well:

[INFO] [GameDatabase+<LoadObjects>c__Iterator4A.MoveNext] Load(Model): ASET/ASET_Props/Misc/Primitives/Primitive_TRIANGLE_90
[ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'ASET/ASET_Props/Misc/Primitives/PrimitiveDiffuse' not found!

[INFO] [GameDatabase+<LoadObjects>c__Iterator4A.MoveNext] Load(Model): ASET/ASET_Props/Misc/Primitives/Primitive_TRIANGLE_90_Beveled
[ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'ASET/ASET_Props/Misc/Primitives/PrimitiveDiffuse' not found!

Edited by Stone Blue

On 2/20/2017 at 3:52 PM, Stone Blue said:

@alexustas @MOARdV Sorry if this is duplicated in anyone else's KSP.log that may have been linked earlier...

I'm getting loading errs for some of the MFD screens...
Most of them are from odd-sized .dds textures, which also seem to have duplicate .pngs packaged with them... ??

Am I correct in assuming when a texture is duplicated, but as different file types, KSP will load the FIRST file type it comes across, based on alphabetical order?

Sorry, I've been AFK(SP) for a while, so I didn't see this.

Yes, there are some bad textures in the package.  I don't know what went wrong with the DDS conversion on them, but it sounds like you've already found the fix (delete them).  I don't know how Unity/KSP decides to load them - it looks like they're alphabetical in the log, so that's most likely how it does that.  I'm not sure what alexustas plans to do with them (fix them / delete them) - I haven't communicated with him directly except for a couple of other RPM / ASET things for a while.

Hey there, having some problems with what I can only assume to be either the ASET Props pack or the ASET Avionics pack. 

Currently, I cannot load the game with them in the mods folder, as I get stuck at this part:

http://sleekupload.com/uploads/5/stuck.png

I would gladly provide you a log file, but unfortunately after 20 minutes of loading the game has neither crashed nor loaded.

FYI I am crossposting this on the Avionics thread as well.

10 hours ago, Dr. Eastwood said:

I would gladly provide you a log file, but unfortunately after 20 minutes of loading the game has neither crashed nor loaded.

Doesn't matter. The log file is continuously written to disk and always available. Just get to the point where it freezes and go upload the log file.

On 2/28/2017 at 3:40 PM, luizopiloto said:

I'm trying to design a new IVA for the MK3 cockpit. I had to edit the MK3 internal model to place the console on a better position.
I'm doing it basically from scratch... Isn't there any info/tutorial on creating IVAs you can share?

qNFEop1.jpg

I am not sure how up to date this tut is but try this

On 01/03/2017 at 7:40 AM, luizopiloto said:

qNFEop1.jpg

I like the look of that, it could have some really good potential, and I hope you overcome your problem (I can't even get Unity and part tools to work, so I can't open any .mu files (if you could help, my version is 5.5.2))

Are you going to add the throttle quadrant from the avionics pack? It's not too spaceplane themed, but would go with this design, reminds me of the mk1 lander can.

On 2/28/2017 at 2:40 PM, luizopiloto said:

I'm trying to design a new IVA for the MK3 cockpit. I had to edit the MK3 internal model to place the console on a better position.
I'm doing it basically from scratch... Isn't there any info/tutorial on creating IVAs you can share?

qNFEop1.jpg

you're my hero, luizo!

@alexustas, you are also my hero for releasing this update!

Edited by theonegalen

Thanks for the Help guys. I've managed to resolve the problems on my custom MK3 IVA. It's almost finished... :P
Before:
CCN7I8s.jpg

After:

ZJ2uNQe.jpg

@alexustas I have a request, can you add "CurrentReferenceDockingPortCamera" to the ASET_CRT_Display cameras list?
Something like this:

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
{
    cameraTransform = ExtCam1|ExtCam2|ExtCam3|ExtCam4|ExtCam5|ExtCam6|ExtCam7|ExtCam8|CurrentReferenceDockingPortCamera
}

On 18.09.2015 at 6:22 PM, Pretender6 said:

At the lifesupport screen, is it possible to instead a Mission Active Time? to display the amount of time remaining with current lifesupport resources?

No,  RPM  is not supported by TAC-LS

@xv323  @silentvelcro @Stone Blue

Remove existing "ASET Props" folder and put into "GAMEDATA/ASET/" this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vh0p5bcbbfi15sm/ASET_Props-Dev1.4.1-09-03-2017.zip?dl=0

And tell me whether you managed to launch the flight

22 hours ago, silentvelcro said:

@alexustas hello. Just tried it. The game still crashes as before. Do you need me to send you the new logfile?

OK. I suggest you do the following experiment.

1. move the "Control" folder outside of the game folder. Delete KSP.log file. Start KSP and try to launch a capsule. Copy KSP.log file

2. move the "Instruments" folder outside of the game folder and put "Control" folder back into "ASET_Porps". Delete KSP.log file. Start KSP and try to launch a capsule. Copy KSP.log file

3. repeat the same steps with "MFD",  "Misc", "Sounds" and "SpaceFoodPack"

4. Give me all log files for situations where the game crash

Edited by alexustas

Hi, I'm playing on version 1.2.2 and have just installed ASET props. I put it into my gamedata folder under the folder ASET. For some reason, while loading, the game gets stuck on KerbalScienceFoundation/NavInstruments/Props/prop/analog HSI

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Prop 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD/MFD40x20/RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
PartLoader: Compiling Internal Prop 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD/PlaneHUD/RasterPropMonitorBasicHUD'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
PartLoader: Compiling Internal Prop 'KerbalScienceFoundation/NavInstruments/Props/prop/analogHSI'

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
  at NavUtilLib.GlobalVariables.Settings.loadNavAids () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at NavUtilLib.Analog.AnalogHSI.OnAwake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at InternalModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at InternalProp.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at InternalProp.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.LoadInternalProp (.UrlConfig urlConf) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader+<CompileInternalProps>c__Iterator63.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Edited by tallon43

@silentvelcro

Hmm ... I do not see anything suspicious

Can you please repeat the same workflow with this option?

and can you remove "LonesomeRobots" folder for more cleaner logs?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 12.03.2017 at 1:16 AM, tallon43 said:

Hi, I'm playing on version 1.2.2 and have just installed ASET props. I put it into my gamedata folder under the folder ASET. For some reason, while loading, the game gets stuck on KerbalScienceFoundation/NavInstruments/Props/prop/analog HSI

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Prop 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD/MFD40x20/RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD'

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Prop 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD/PlaneHUD/RasterPropMonitorBasicHUD'

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Prop 'KerbalScienceFoundation/NavInstruments/Props/prop/analogHSI'

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
  at NavUtilLib.GlobalVariables.Settings.loadNavAids () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at NavUtilLib.Analog.AnalogHSI.OnAwake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at InternalModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at InternalProp.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at InternalProp.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.LoadInternalProp (.UrlConfig urlConf) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader+<CompileInternalProps>c__Iterator63.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

more likely what "NavUtil" mod is outdated

Edited by alexustas

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.