ASET Props Pack. v1.5 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

I would like to ask for compatibility with Real Fuels mod. That would include Kerosen Liquid Oxygen and hypergolic propellant mode for fuel gauge and also ability to run emergency generators of liquid oxygen and hydrogen.

On 09.12.2017 at 11:04 PM, Angel-125 said:

I have several ASET IVAs, I'd hate to have to redo or retire them,

Yes, I know your pain. 

Most of the modding time I do it.    but in this case there is no way to automatically replace old props with new ones due to the fact that the new props have a slightly different design and dimensions.

In fact, the only reason I want to delete the old buttons and switches is to put things in order and seriously reduce the number of props and the memory footprint. even for myself it is very difficult to navigate in such a large number of props. when I work on IVAs.  As an option, I could release a separate "legacy" pack, but if someone uses URL-links to models, then such props can break due to the fact that the path to the files will change.

OR,
if nobody cares about a huge list of props while working on IVAs, then I can not delete anything at all

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28.12.2017 at 10:48 PM, MOARdV said:

Or option 3:

Do not delete anything for ASET Props Pack for RasterPropMonitor, and delete the legacy props for ASET Props Pack for MAS. :D

It is very likely that I will do just that

2 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

So I love KermanTech's IVA for the Mk3 cockpit.  But I'm wanting to use it in Stock-Size Real Solar System.  The ASET IMP by default comes with a map of Kerbin--I'm wondering what would be involved in swapping that to Earth?

The simple approach is to replace map_Kerbin_sat.png in ASET/ASET_Props/Instruments/ASET_IMP with a map of the Earth using the same name.  You might be able to come up with a MM patch that lets you not have to replace the Kerbin png, but that will be a little bit more involved, since it will require adding a MODEL node to the IMP prop and using texture substitution.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:53 AM, slaintemaith said:

Ideally I'd want it to be a tool to help with reentry--i.e., properly displaying where the player's ship is.  That might be trickier, unless the map is positioned in exactly the same way.

It will do so, as long as the Earth map is aligned with the Prime Meridian in the center of the texture, and the antemeridian on the left and right edges.

If you've got MechJeb installed, and the landing computer engaged, it can also show you the MechJeb-predicted point of impact.

@alexustas

Thx for the great props and cockpits! :) Just wanted to note, that radial in/out buttons in the ALCOR and MK1-2 cockpits are working inverse for me at the moment.
As from my understanding from the configs, the ASET configs are OK, but I think RPM interprets it inverse. I pinged MOARdV for that, here.
I think that needs to be fixed from RPMs side. If this can't be done there, you could inverse the calls in your configs too (I fixed it here for myself) but the configs would be counter-intuitive then.

BTW, may I ask how one places the buttons in the cockpits when one designs a new cockpit? Are there tools where you can load the cockpit and button models and place them? I always wondered that. If yes, which are it?

Edited by Jebs_SY

5 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

BTW, may I ask how one places the buttons in the cockpits when one designs a new cockpit? Are there tools where you can load the cockpit and button models and place them? I always wondered that. If yes, which are it?

You need Unity and PartTools

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2018 at 4:12 PM, slaintemaith said:

Oh very nice!  
And yep.  It's not the best image, but it's good enough for determining when to do a reentry burn using Mk 1 eyeball.

OhOvF8B.png

I think I know this MK3 IVA... Nice change to the prop texture also... RSS/RO? :P

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, bonvin said:

Could we please get another mirror? Spacedock is down and has been down for three days now, so there's currently no way of actually downloading this mod. 

Not actually three days, even tho IsItDown says that... Ive been using it the past few days, right up to early this afternoon, mebbe...

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I had a question on the DSKY prop.

With regards to the green indicator lights above the each of the rows; the available options seen to be the following:

1st Row:  |  Apoapsis  |  Tgt  |  Mnvr  |  <blank>  |  Min Dist
2nd Row: |  Periapsis  |  Tgt  |  Mnvr  |  <blank>  |  Appr Spd
3rd Row:  | Inclination |  Rel  |  Mnvr  |  <blank> 
4th Row:  | Time  | AP |  PE |  AN | DN |   Mnvr  |  LNCH  |  Appr Time
5th Row:  |  dV  | TOTAL |  Stage |   Mnvr  |  Transfer  |   <blank>

When I hit the RNDZ button in the first button row, (with no Mnvr node)  I get the  Min Dist  &  Appr Spd a that point in time

When I DO have a Maneuver Node that tried to get close to the target,  when I hit Rndz, the Mnvr labels flash for the first 3 lines. Anyone know why Mnvr flashes? I also get  "- - - -" for the Appr Speed.

Is it possible to get the calculated Speed @ Closest Approach in this situation for the second line between "Mnvr"   |  <blank>  |  "Appr Spd"? It seems to not show anything when it that situation and figure that would be useful when looking at RNDZ numbers in IVA.

Edited by wile1411

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.