ASET Props Pack. v1.5 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

13 hours ago, Ktufuathama said:

Could you give an example of the code you use to convert from .dds to .png? When I do it, the texture placing gets misconfigured when I load any space into unity. I am using 2017.1.3p4.

If you convert the images in most software (I use paint.net for one-at-a-time conversion), you have to flip it vertically in addition to converting it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, Komrade_Krunch said:

Are the old school looking assets from your Mk1 Lander Can IVA Replacement included in this pack? I don't recall seeing any of them in the Imgur album you posted above. Secondly, I know absolutely 0 about modding games are there any up-to-date tutorials on the basics of modding interiors, ideally modding specifically with ASET?

That album is years old and out of date. IVAs are fun barrels of monkeys to play with, if barrels of monkeys came with real live monkeys that were angry about being stuck in a barrel for a while.

EDIT: however, they are extraordinarily fun to play with, and give a great feeling of accomplishment once completed.

Edited by theonegalen

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

... fun barrels of monkeys to play with, if barrels of monkeys came with real live monkeys that were angry about being stuck in a barrel for a while.

I think theres usually an (American) football in the mix too :P

• 1 month later...

Hey, How do the Modular switches work?

to change the Model, color and things i have to change the Name of the prop like how the ModularToggleSwitch pdf says?

i cant find any Switch_Toggle_Modular on PartTools.
and to change what they do, i just have to change what i put in the <Name> part of it?

Example: 

tggl_GEAR_T2-G3-B3-S

so, it will toggle the GEAR and will have the switch toggle model 2? Guard model 3, etc?
sorry, i dont understand anything lol

(i am new on making IVAs with Rpm)

On 12/8/2018 at 7:58 PM, JoaquinJAR said:

Hey, How do the Modular switches work?

to change the Model, color and things i have to change the Name of the prop like how the ModularToggleSwitch pdf says?

i cant find any Switch_Toggle_Modular on PartTools.
and to change what they do, i just have to change what i put in the <Name> part of it?

Example: 

tggl_GEAR_T2-G3-B3-S

so, it will toggle the GEAR and will have the switch toggle model 2? Guard model 3, etc?
sorry, i dont understand anything lol

(i am new on making IVAs with Rpm)

The names are just description. The rest of the configs define what the props do and add the various models together.

11 hours ago, theonegalen said:

I'm sorry, I don't think I understand your question.

so what prop i should spawn with part tools if i cant find the switch_toggle_modular?

the pdf says i should spawn a base switch_toggle_modular and then change its name.

or just basically explain me exactly what i need to do to have modular switches.

2 hours ago, JoaquinJAR said:

so what prop i should spawn with part tools if i cant find the switch_toggle_modular?

the pdf says i should spawn a base switch_toggle_modular and then change its name.

or just basically explain me exactly what i need to do to have modular switches.

What you have to do is create a new prop yourself - copy the config file for whichever switch you want to base your switch on to a new .cfg file with the new name. Replace the MODELs listed with the models you want to use, and replace the code that tells the prop what it does with what you want it to do.

29 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

What you have to do is create a new prop yourself - copy the config file for whichever switch you want to base your switch on to a new .cfg file with the new name. Replace the MODELs listed with the models you want to use, and replace the code that tells the prop what it does with what you want it to do.

ooooh ok, ill try later

• 6 months later...

Not sure if this is still being worked on, but I wanted to drop this file here in case anyone else wanted to swap kerbin with earth.
The file would live in ..\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\Instruments\ASET_IMP

(If it's not being worked on, at least this file will be here for ME when I need it.  =)

i5cqT0G.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The mod still mostly works in KSP 1.8.1 with RasterPropMonitor

I just found a couple flipped textures in the nav ball and MFDs, for which I've made a patch here : [link removed]

Edit : Oops, looks like it's a bug in RPM, and flipping the ASET Props textures breaks MAS. That was not my intention, so I removed the link.

I've posted an updated patch in the RasterPropMonitor thread

Edited by Tegmil
see next message

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.