ASET Props Pack. v1.5 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

7 hours ago, Tegmil said:

Just drop the contents in GameData on top of your ASET install.

If you do replace these textures in ASET, please be aware that 1) if an RPM update is released that fixes the other bugs in KSP 1.8, you will have to re-install the original textures for ASET, and 2) the textures will be upside down for any MAS mods that uses them.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am loving the enhanced IVA experience, I certainly hope that these features (or similar features) will be present in KSP2. 

Though, I have been having trouble getting my mods to work correctly as of the date of this post (March 6, 2020), KSP version 1.9.1.

My KSP GameData file is listed below:

ClickThroughBlocker

ToolbarControl

ASET (Props and Avionics)

ALCOR IVA

Astrogator

Chatterer

DE_IVAExtension

EngineIgnitor

EngineLight

GravityTurn

HullCameraVDS

Indicator Lights

IVA_ASET_MAKINGHISTORY

JSI

KAS

KerbalEngineer

Kerbulator

Kermantech

kOS

kPM

MechJeb2

MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET

NavInstruments

NavUtil

NavyFish

SCANsat

TAC Life Support

ULTIMATE_SHUTTLE_IVA

VesselView

WorldStablizer

The problem I am having is best illustrated by the screenshots below:

https://imgur.com/zMdAh3M

https://imgur.com/CpLi4De

In these screenshots, the RPM (monitors) are not responsive, they essentially don't respond to any clicking. Moreover, there are panels missing from the primary dashboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@HDSpanky not exactly what your problem is, but I know that specifically, the ALCOR and MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET IVAs are supposed to be subfolders of /ASET/ ... If those are the speciifc IVAs youre having issues with? vOv

EDIT: ahh yeah... actually *looked* at your images, and see they are both ALCOR-specific...
Yeah, try moving both the above folders into the /ASET/ folder, and try that

Edited by Stone Blue

42 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@HDSpanky not exactly what your problem is, but I know that specifically, the ALCOR and MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET IVAs are supposed to be subfolders of /ASET/ ... If those are the speciifc IVAs youre having issues with? vOv

EDIT: ahh yeah... actually *looked* at your images, and see they are both ALCOR-specific...
Yeah, try moving both the above folders into the /ASET/ folder, and try that

Okay, I tried that and it seemed to put everything back in place for now! Thank you so much!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Stephen Locksley said:

Do I have to remove ASET Props from the ASET folder?

no... *ALL* ASET mods should be in subfolders of /GameData/ASET/...

ie /GameData/ASET/<mod_name>/
So, *exactly* how they are in the .zips

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded these mods seemingly correctly a few weeks ago

ASET Props

ASET Avionics

RPM

Module manager

DE_IVA Extension

and the outcome for the IVA was: everything except the the screens don't work, and the alarms, buttons, and switches don't have their specific text. Also more recently I had the Near Future Spacecraft Parts mod.The screens still don't work. While the knobs and some buttons work, they don't make any sound or do any animation. I will be grateful for help.

150295CA249D57750C43AE40DECB686C8C79162A

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

i seem to be having an issue with the RPM HUD you get in the stock fliers and was wondering if anyone has replaced them with the ASET ones? (the ASET HUD is so much better and cooler)

unless someone can explain to me how to replace it myself but i'm a bit slow and feel uncomfortable messing around with IVAs x.x

I'm getting a weird visual glitch/bug in that the font seems to be missing. I put it into github issues here.
I will copy and paste the text here for reference and to have it searchable in the forums.

I'm using DemonEin's IVA pack. I get graphical glitches on linux. Mostly the font becomes large, white blocks on all of the displays which are not the RPM MFDs. The unlit indicators look fine, but when they light up, the font becomes garbage. Most of the other indicators are unreadable.
I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and am using ASET from CKAN and the latest KSP from steam (1.9.1)

- RPM from CKAN v0.31.3
- ASET Prop Pack from CKAN v1.5
- Click Through Blocker from Git v0.1.9.5
- Toolbar Controller 1.8.0-0.1.9.4 from git (whatever that means)
- Module manager from ckan v4.1.3
- A bunch of unrelated stuff

82727735-97ba3800-9cec-11ea-8a38-45175e1

When I turn on the lights it gets worse.
I'd much appreciate a solution or fix.

I'm moving this from https://github.com/DemonEin/DE_IVAExtension/issues/1#issue-623623693 because I figured it's probably an ASET problem.

2 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

I'm moving this from https://github.com/DemonEin/DE_IVAExtension/issues/1#issue-623623693 because I figured it's probably an ASET problem.

That looks like a shader issue with the text renderer code in RasterPropMonitor.  You might check on the RPM (adopted) thread to see if @JonnyOThan knows about it.

Quick bug report: I was trying to fly an all IVA mission, so I was trying to use the lat/lon readouts to help navigate, but they only got me confused until I realized the cardinal directions were wrong. I asked in the RPM thread, and Manul found the problem to be a cfg file from ASET.

On 5/23/2020 at 2:18 AM, Manul said:

UPD: yes, it's not RPM error, just a wrong letter in MFD page config.

Changed this LON:[#FFFF00FF]{0:DMSdd+mm+ss+N}  to this LON:[#FFFF00FF]{0:DMSdd+mm+ss+E} in ALCORAscDes40x20.txt  and longitude is E and W now, not S and N

So, I opened ALCORAscDes40x20.txt and changed it to this:

[#FFFFFFFF]LAT:[#FFFF00FF]{0:DMSdd+mm+ss+N}{2:;"                                        ";""} [#FFFFFF44]T.LAT:[#FFFF0044]{1:DMSdd+mm+ss+E}    $&$LATITUDE LATITUDETGT TARGETEXISTS
[#FFFFFFFF]LON:[#FFFF00FF]{0:DMSdd+mm+ss+E}{2:;"                                        ";""} [#FFFFFF44]T.LON:[#FFFF0044]{1:DMSdd+mm+ss+N}    $&$ LONGITUDE  LONGITUDETGT TARGETEXISTS

That fixed the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 2:26 PM, DMackLive said:

All of my monitors are black and alot of the control stations seem to be missing in all capsules right now, ive done fresh installs on everything including the game is this a known issue?

Uhhh... I dont believe so. vOv
Try posting your logs. Most likely its an incorrect install of something, or a mod conflict.

Heres how to find/post your logs:

• 1 month later...

The life support monitors overlay text if multiple life support systems are installed. Kerbalism is now compatible with TACLS. Changing LifeSupportMonitor_KERBALISM.cfg from 

@PROP[LifeSupportMonitor]:NEEDS[Kerbalism]

to 

@PROP[LifeSupportMonitor]:NEEDS[Kerbalism,!TacLifeSupport]

fixes it.

• 5 weeks later...

hello ! big thanks for these wonderfull PROPS, it's fantastic and cool :cool:

a little try to update for my purpose the DE_IVA mod ! : BAGS

mlbHKxj.jpg

a few hour to install these lovely bags, because the UVmap in blender are mirored Y , i spent  hour to find why my bag was not correctly oriented in ksp, giving false information to have a good quaternion in blender....... no unity at this time, a good chalenge lol

Some Prop instrument added on left and right off the DE_IVA mod, need a better control of twr for fine ajustement

added on right THRUST_limiter, with GIMBAL and TOGGLE motor ON, on the left a new primitive made in blender, Primitive_speciale_Beveled with two switch Delete_NODE and Delete_TArget.

p4sf3iP.jpg

Some Manuals for good information for a better fly :lol:

J4IGBir.jpg

the box primitive i make and light was placed this time with UNITY, very quickly 

this Camera is a very beautiful PROP take some screenshot on moon

OLYH5xh.jpg

Some RAMP added too, setting up with blender only, not to hard to install !!

1wRpLlT.jpg

I have some ideas to create some new prop but it's take time.....

thk  alexustas , and the author of # DE_IVAExtension v1.0.2  DemonEin

EDIT 5/9/2020

hi !, today i have tested the PROP in folders InternalLights and InternalLightBox01

the prop don't work there are no illumination in cockpit .

EX this prop InternalOmniLight_1m-CP01 do nothing !

// Cockpit omni first group. Range 1m

PROP
{
  name = IntOmniLight_1m-CP01

MODULE
	{
		name = JSIVariableAnimator
		refreshRate = 5

VARIABLESET	
		{	
			animationName = InternalOmniLightAnim
			variableName = MATH_COCKPITLIGHT_BRIGHTNESS_01
			scale = 0,10
		}
	}
}

question : they need a specific SWITCH to work or not .

this prop : InternalLightBox01 don't work too, no light with internal cokpit light on for example

PROP
{
  name = InternalLightBox01

MODULE
	{
		name = JSIActionGroupSwitch
		animationName = IntLightBoxAnim
		perPodPersistenceName = TurnInternalCockpitLights
		actionName = dummy
		switchSound = ASET/ASET_Props/Sounds/beep-21
		switchSoundVolume = 0.01
	}

}

thk !

Edited by stephm
InternalLights and InternalLightBox01 folder

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this has been reported before, but I'm using the props through DE_IVA Extrension, and have noticed a couple of issues with camera feeds on the standard MFD:

• The regular external feed (and I think flight view) treats symmetrically mounted cameras as a single one, so it doesn't let you switch between cams of a single "combo".
  • The landing feed uses the first camera mounted, and the NEXT/PREV arrows don't work to change the view to other cameras. Even if they are different combos.
Edited by Shadow86

On 9/4/2020 at 4:18 PM, stephm said:

hi !, today i have tested the PROP in folders InternalLights and InternalLightBox01

the prop don't work there are no illumination in cockpit .

EX this prop InternalOmniLight_1m-CP01 do nothing !

// Cockpit omni first group. Range 1m

PROP
{
  name = IntOmniLight_1m-CP01

MODULE
	{
		name = JSIVariableAnimator
		refreshRate = 5

VARIABLESET	
		{	
			animationName = InternalOmniLightAnim
			variableName = MATH_COCKPITLIGHT_BRIGHTNESS_01
			scale = 0,10
		}
	}
}

question : they need a specific SWITCH to work or not .

this prop : InternalLightBox01 don't work too, no light with internal cokpit light on for example

PROP
{
  name = InternalLightBox01

MODULE
	{
		name = JSIActionGroupSwitch
		animationName = IntLightBoxAnim
		perPodPersistenceName = TurnInternalCockpitLights
		actionName = dummy
		switchSound = ASET/ASET_Props/Sounds/beep-21
		switchSoundVolume = 0.01
	}

}

thk !

Yes, I think they DO need specific switches for specific lights... I am working on an IVA, and am also having the same problem with the ASET Light props. :(
I got a couple of them to work. IIRC, the Engineer light and switch. I was hoping to figure out how to make a switch work with custom light props I made, but no luck yet.

Edited by Stone Blue

• 3 weeks later...

My final MK3 IVA internal based on DE_IVAExtension-v.1.0.2 and ASET_Props-1.5  

Sorry for the quality i have a bad internet !

A long battle with Blender 2.90 and UNITY 2019 :lol:, i can export a part Internal with blender but there are bug with kerbal camera and WindowFocusPoint don't work in ksp i'm searching for that.

in spite of my problem with the last Unity part tool, for this IVA i used the previous version of Part tool and it's ok However I still have this problem with the windows languages forced to switch

to English for Region and Format regional, on a french install Otherwise part tool import and export don't work !

I do not want to create too much, I'm not the time, however I still created a foot rest and a modified version of the seat ksp at the belt suitable for the seat ASET .

changed the material of the Ivashell to simple bump specular without ligthmap. for a complete dark iva when the lights are set to off.

Added a full mechjeb control panel for auto pilot it's on the right side inspired by the work of Alexustas :cool:.

steph !

edit :

I look at the quote of the pod MK1 now with the same mindset.

i hope the translator  worked fine ......

Edited by stephm

• 4 months later...
On 11/6/2020 at 12:25 AM, stephm said:

My final MK3 IVA internal based on DE_IVAExtension-v.1.0.2 and ASET_Props-1.5  

Sorry for the quality i have a bad internet !

A long battle with Blender 2.90 and UNITY 2019 :lol:, i can export a part Internal with blender but there are bug with kerbal camera and WindowFocusPoint don't work in ksp i'm searching for that.

in spite of my problem with the last Unity part tool, for this IVA i used the previous version of Part tool and it's ok However I still have this problem with the windows languages forced to switch

to English for Region and Format regional, on a french install Otherwise part tool import and export don't work !

I do not want to create too much, I'm not the time, however I still created a foot rest and a modified version of the seat ksp at the belt suitable for the seat ASET .

changed the material of the Ivashell to simple bump specular without ligthmap. for a complete dark iva when the lights are set to off.

Added a full mechjeb control panel for auto pilot it's on the right side inspired by the work of Alexustas :cool:.

steph !

edit :

I look at the quote of the pod MK1 now with the same mindset.

i hope the translator  worked fine ......

Where's the link?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.