ASET Props Pack. v1.5 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

The OP says the following:

DOWNLOAD (v1.3)

KerbalStuff

Kerbalstuff has been gone for a year.

@alexustas hasn't been around for almost 2 weeks.

I have no idea what the github account for him is.

And the mod seems to be in a frozen state in CKAN (ie: not being updated) because Kerbalstuff is gone and the .netkan file wasn't updated with a new download location

Is there anybody who can help with explanations?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamerGithub account.

I suspect alexustas is busy IRL.  I haven't heard from him in a few weeks (not since early November, I think), but I also haven't had the time to spend on KSP lately.  If you have prop questions, I can probably muddle through them, but I haven't used many of the props - most of the time, I will grab a prop in Unity, place it in the scene, and ask myself what I could do use it for.  And then I customize a config for that application, since my design aesthetic is a little different than his.

Just now, MOARdV said:

@linuxgurugamerGithub account.

I suspect alexustas is busy IRL.  I haven't heard from him in a few weeks (not since early November, I think), but I also haven't had the time to spend on KSP lately.  If you have prop questions, I can probably muddle through them, but I haven't used many of the props - most of the time, I will grab a prop in Unity, place it in the scene, and ask myself what I could do use it for.  And then I customize a config for that application, since my design aesthetic is a little different than his.

Thanks, but that doesn't have the source.

I did get the source from that dropbox link someone posted earlier.

Do you think it would be ok if I uploaded it to a Github repo, and then fix CKAN to use that?

Or, I could put it up on Spacedock, and have CKAN use that instead?

Let me know.

Thanks

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks, but that doesn't have the source.

I did get the source from that dropbox link someone posted earlier.

Do you think it would be ok if I uploaded it to a Github repo, and then fix CKAN to use that?

Or, I could put it up on Spacedock, and have CKAN use that instead?

Let me know.

Thanks

Here's my opinion (I'm not a moderator, nor a lawyer, so take this for what it's worth): The mod is licensed CC-BY-NC-SA, so you can re-release it as long as you clearly credit alexustas.

However ... if you're going to do that, I would suggest using a different name (like ASET Props Community Fixes, or something like that), and start a different thread, so there's no confusion about what the mod is (not an official alexustas release, but a community / individual fix of the mod).  I would also recommend that you apply fixes to the last released version of the mod, and not use his dev builds as the basis of the release.  Of course, you may have already thought about these points, since this isn't the first mod you've proposed resurrecting :) .

Just now, MOARdV said:

Here's my opinion (I'm not a moderator, nor a lawyer, so take this for what it's worth): The mod is licensed CC-BY-NC-SA, so you can re-release it as long as you clearly credit alexustas.

However ... if you're going to do that, I would suggest using a different name (like ASET Props Community Fixes, or something like that), and start a different thread, so there's no confusion about what the mod is (not an official alexustas release, but a community / individual fix of the mod).  I would also recommend that you apply fixes to the last released version of the mod, and not use his dev builds as the basis of the release.  Of course, you may have already thought about these points, since this isn't the first mod you've proposed resurrecting :) .

In a previous post, you mentioned that you had been in touch with him.  Before I do anything with this, is there any chance in your humble opinion that he will come back soon?  

I'm not planning on doing any work with these, I'd rely on other people to get me patches and updates, at least initially.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

In a previous post, you mentioned that you had been in touch with him.  Before I do anything with this, is there any chance in your humble opinion that he will come back soon?  

I honestly don't know.  I haven't asked him about a schedule.  I sort-of expected a release in the fall, since he was very active over the spring and summer on prop development, but all of the changes needed thanks to RPM may have pushed that out (especially if he's busy with other things).

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have no idea what the github account for him is.

He has communicated with a small group of beta testers within the last week or so.   One of the testers asked if they could post some of the beta props in a dropbox link for others to use, and @alexustas politely said that he didn't think it was a good idea.  He indicated that he is in fact very busy IRL, and doesn't have a lot of time to work on the change log (which will be very large).   Several of us have offered to help in that regards.   I do think it is not going to be very much longer.     @MOARdV, I wonder if he is waiting for MAS?

Edited by nukeboyt
Should have read all the way down....

2 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

He has communicated with a small group of beta testers within the last week or so.   One of the testers asked if they could post some of the beta props in a dropbox link for others to use, and @alexustas politely said that he didn't think it was a good idea.  He indicated that he is in fact very busy IRL, and doesn't have a lot of time to work on the change log (which will be very large).   Several of us have offered to help in that regards.   I do think it is not going to be very much longer.     @MOARdV, I wonder if he is waiting for MAS?

Ok, then I'll hold off on doing anything.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive me if this is a stupid question - people have been talking both in this thread and the thread for the ASET Avionics pack about some dropbox links containing the most-recently-released versions of these mods. I'd be keen to get my hands on those, but the only dropbox links that I can find posted in either thread lead me to a 'not found' page. Has the mod now been taken down from these links? Any help much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

ASET Props v1.4

What is changed:

• almost all props were rebuilt due to the migration to Unity5, and also for the possibility to use new RPM features
  • the module JSIVariableAnimator is replaced by JSICallbackAnimator where it is possible to improve performance
  • all alphanumeric indicators now use the new improved and flexible module JSILabel
  • most props now support the "COLOR_OVERRIDE" feature, which give all IVA-makers ample opportunity to customize their own IVA
  • the switches "SwitchRotary" are now modular, you can combine the switch model, the collider model and label   using the MODEL{} module to create your variations of this prop. 2 to 6 positions of the switch are supported.
  • Warning light indicator (TabloIndicator) was completely rebuilt, now all the labels are made with the module JSILabel, and textures are used only for the indicator’s background
  • some pages of MFD are improved, thanks to Nukeboyt
  • GPWS is now switched off by default
  • extra optimization of textures is made

What’s new:

• Brand new set of instruments in NASA-retro style:
    • Flight Director/Attitude Indicator (FDAI) with the dedicated control panel (FDAI GMCP) and switch set. Use  the MOARdv’s manual for this device.
    • Altitude/Range Rate Tapemeter (ARRT) with the two dedicated toggle-switches for turning the devices on and off and for the mode selection (height/vertical speed or distance to target/closing speed), also with the error indicator. Use the MOARdv’s great manual for this device.
    • Thrust-to-Weight Indicator (TW) with the mode switch (current TWR / maximum possible TWR)
    • X-pointer with the mode and display range selectors, also with the error indicator. Use the MOARdv’s great manual for this device.
    • ASET_DSKY – LCD-display with the keyboard for the important flight information (orbit, orbit of target vessel), a rendezvous with the target, maneuver, timing, Delta V information). Use the MOARdv’s great manual for this device.
    • monochrome CRT-display for the targets’ menu and external cameras’ output
    • full set of the analog indicators (gauges):
    • Speed indicator (ASET_AnalogSpeedIndicator) with mode selector (auto, orbital, surface, relative)
    • Effective acceleration indicator (ASET_AnalogSpeedIndicator)
    • G-force indicator (NASA_G_Units_Indicator)
    • Slope indicator (NASA_Slope_Angl_Indicator)
    • Thrust limit indicator (NASA_Slope_Angl_Indicator)
    • Phase/Ejection/Moon ejection Angle indicator (ASET_PhaseAngleIndicator) with mode selector
    • Impact speed indicator (ImpactSpeedIndicator) with two scales for the current and the minimum possible touchdown speed
    • full set of the vertical single and Edgewise meters, temperature and engine indicators
    • numerical LCD-display for the current altitude and и surface height
    • numerical LCD-display for the amount of resources on board and mode selector for it
    • gauge for the battery charge
    • gauge for the power supply panel and the power source selector (generator, fuel cell, solar panels and alternator)
    • full set of the mechanical (aka  "barber pole") and warning light indicators ("low charge", "low fuel" etc)
    • full set of the push-buttons (RetroButton) for all basic functions (custom groups, SAS modes etc)
    • the new navigation complex (ASET_IMP & ASET_IMP_LAT-LONG_GAUGE) with the dedicated mode selector, made after the Soviet navigation complex for the “Vostok” and “Voskhod” programmes
    • You can download and install this mod to see all these devices in action
  • the new prop - emergency radio beacon (RecoveryBeacon)
  • the new prop for the advanced control and indication of the engine, electrical systems, landing gear and indication of temperature
  • the new props for the indication of WARP-mode 

I just downloaded ASET Avionics from Spacedock, and I think you uploaded the wrong file. It has the Mk1_Cockpit_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET file, instead.

I'm VERY happy to see these getting updated, though! So glad you're still around!

Edited by Rhedd

Hi Alex

Firstly, thanks for all the work you've put into this mod - it's one of my favourites!

However, I'm consistently getting crashes in my game with the new version.

What happens, specifically, is that any attempt to load a craft that uses the ASET props causes a hard crash straight out of the game from the loading screen. This happens both when hitting 'launch' on a craft from the VAB and also when attempting to load an existing craft from the tracking station.

The reason I think this is a problem with the props is that taking the newest version of ASET_Props out of the ASET folder in my GameData directory, and replacing it with the previous version, fixes these crashes.

I'm on KSP version 1.2.2, and Mac OSX 10.9 'Mavericks'.

The install I first identified this on has a lot of mods, but it's only switching between the old and new versions of ASET_Props that causes this. I'm about to put together an install of 1.2.2 with just the new versions of the ASET Props pack and the ALCOR pod installed, in order to double check that that's where the issue is - I'll report back what happens.

Here's the log file for the most recent crash I had. In this case I was attempting to launch a craft consisting just of the Mk1-2 pod with the improved IVA pack from the VAB. I've also been getting this phenomenon occurring with the OPT Spaceplanes cockpits that use these props.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziwfccnqkobag9h/KSP.log?dl=0

Update to my previous post:

This problem is still occurring in a 1.2.2 install in which the only mods installed are the ALCOR pod, ALCOR Advanced IVA and dependencies (ASET Props, RPM, ModuleManager). This time, I attempted to launch a craft which was just the ALCOR pod on its own and I had the same sort of crash as I was getting in my other 1.2.2 install.

Here's the log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2493ciinx3t4ln7/KSP_2.log?dl=0

On 2/9/2017 at 6:00 AM, xv323 said:

Here's the log file:

Can you turn on debug logging for RPM?  In GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins/PluginData/rpm-config.cfg, change DebugLogging to 'True' and reproduce the crash.  If the crash is happening in RPM, that might help narrow down the search area.

Just now, MOARdV said:

Can you turn on debug logging for RPM?  In GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins/PluginData/rpm-config.cfg, change DebugLogging to 'True' and reproduce the crash.  If the crash is happening in RPM, that might help narrow down the search area.

Gotcha - will do. Which log file will the output from this go to - is it KSP.log or some other file?

@MOARdV

Here's the log file as you requested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lu5po1ye6gsc2u4/KSP_4.log?dl=0

Ancillary information - this is on 1.2.2, and the only mods installed are as follows:

• ModuleManager 2.7.5
  • ALCOR Pod 0.9.6
  • ALCOR Advanced IVA 0.9.6
  • ASET Props 1.4
  • RPM 0.28.0

Steps taken: I went into the VAB, selected the ALCOR pod, added no further parts, and hit launch. The crash occurred as before, in the loading screen before even getting to the launchpad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.