'MK1-2 Pod' IVA Replacement by ASET[v0.3]

alexustas

I finally got home from holidays, and installed this puppy (complete with any updated associate mods), and I love it!

The only glitch in my enjoyment at this time is some lag (choppy movement when I look around the pod, for example), and this is before I open up any of the MFDs. Should I reduce some graphic settings to offset?

Cheers.

I finally got home from holidays, and installed this puppy (complete with any updated associate mods), and I love it!

The only glitch in my enjoyment at this time is some lag (choppy movement when I look around the pod, for example), and this is before I open up any of the MFDs. Should I reduce some graphic settings to offset?

Cheers.

This is the Cadillac of all IVA's it is a little taxing on integrated graphics as well as slower processors. One thing in particular, do you use vessel viewer? There are settings accessible through the MFD to set the refresh rate lower to offset some of the work load on your processor. But as for just the visuals.... You may need to turn down your settings. I have a few tips and tricks on my thread linked in my signature to help with graphics setup as well as a few other things if you are interested.

Anyone know what the "AVAS CTL" toggle does?

http://i.imgur.com/UvfPJaI.png

Thank you SO much for making this mod! I've been a huge fan of the ALCOR pod for a long time. Can't wait to road test this badboy.

It stands for "Altitude Voice Annunciator System". If you check his demo video on the first post, It's the voice reading out the altitude as he ascends.

Ok, I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't get the ASET Props to appear at all. Only visual change is the Raster Monitors.

http://i.imgur.com/gs101XI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/d976oKb.jpg

Looks like you installed it wrong or didn't install all of it be sure to check your file path neT23tw.png

EDIT- And this add on file path would be KSP/GameData/ASET/MK1-2_InternalsASET

Edited by Mecripp2

How do I get the 'Pod Cams' function to work? When I click it on the RPM all I get is a black screen, yet the Hullcams work as external cameras.

The pod cams are, I believe, exclusive to the ALCOR pod. You have to use External cams for all others. Note, Ext 1 can be used for the landing screen

What do the various switches do?

do not ask questions

only mash buttons

fSV89.gif

JK, most AFAIK are aesthetic and don't do a lot, however most on the front panels have functions, those should be a little easier to tell what they do. Simply put, if you can understand what it does, it probably does something, if not, it's aesthetic

I second this. The master alarm sounds continuously during re-entry. I would like a button to acknowledge/silence it as it is driving me crazy

Set "GPWS CTRL" to "OFF". It won't clear the master alarm, but it will silence it. A button to actually clear the alarm would be terrific to have.

I would like to use this IVA for the internals on another pod.. Forgive my ignorance.. It works great in the Mk1-2 pod but I use a different one as my go-to pod.. How do I attempt doing that, or is this the improper place to ask this question? Thank you in advance!

I would like to use this IVA for the internals on another pod.. Forgive my ignorance.. It works great in the Mk1-2 pod but I use a different one as my go-to pod.. How do I attempt doing that, or is this the improper place to ask this question? Thank you in advance!

You can change this: look into the .cfg of your pod. there you can change the Internal to MK1-2_ASETInternals. Looks like

INTERNAL

{

name = MK1-2_ASETInternals

}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.