'MK1-2 Pod' IVA Replacement by ASET[v0.3]

alexustas

First of all. Amazing Work. Everything function so far. Only problem i have:

The Navball wont show up. Its just black. I use the following mods:

ASET Probs, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, Fusebox, Kerbal Alarm Clock, KAS and KIS, Kerbulator, kOS, Mechjeb, MK1-2 IVA Replacement (of course), Module Manager, RasterPropMonitor, RasterPropMonitor Core, SCANsat, Toolbar, Vessel Viewer.

Thanks for help. I really want to test this baby in flight. But i must say. My flight skills are not so great that i can maneuver without it.

jeU6y.png

okay. I tried a complete clean install only with the necessary mods for this to work.KSP 1.0.4. RPM Version 0.21.2 installed (according to the .version file) but notching works

Edited by masterdies

okay. I tried a complete clean install only with the necessary mods for this to work.KSP 1.0.4. RPM Version 0.21.2 installed (according to the .version file) but notching works

I already installed everything. The IVA replacer, Asset, RPM, Vessel View, Docking Port alignment, Mechjeb, SCANsat, Navutilities.

I've been having the same problem. Happens with all IVA's with RPM, not just ASET though. Also still getting the black square on HUDs. Only solution I found was to go back to RPM 0.20.

Please add some stuff like cameras or preferably some interactive, science-related props to the "lower level" (I know its technically higher up) of the pod. It feels wierd with just a white padded area.

I already installed everything. The IVA replacer, Asset, RPM, Vessel View, Docking Port alignment, Mechjeb, SCANsat, Navutilities.

Ah, apologies for not reading your first post correctly.

However, upon starting from a fresh 1.0.4 install, and installing this IVA with all the mods you wrote above, I haven't been able to replicate your problem. VesselView and NavUtilities are still 1.0.2, so you shouldn't off the bat expect them to play nice, VesselView does, but NavUtilities doesn't yet have a tab to be selected on in the new MFD's (to my knowledge).

But, everything still loads up and is perfectly functional, so either 1) you've installed wrong, or 2) I noticed VesselView has multiple types, unless you've got Toolbar installed as well you must download and install the RPM version only of VesselView.

EDIT: But if, as you say nothing is working, then that sounds a lot more like an installation blunder than a problem with VesselView.

So i tried again. Thats exactly what i've done

1. Clean KSP 1.0.2 Install
  2. copied Asset Props 1.3 to Gamedata
  3. copied RPM 0.21.2 and Module Manager 2.6.6 to gamedata
  4. copied Vesselviewer 0.71 RPM Version to gamedata
  5. copied Docking Port Aligment Indicator 6.2 to gamedata and integrated it into the JSI folder
  6. copied Nav Utilitis 0.51 RC repacked to gamedata
  7. copied ScanSat 14.1 to gamedata
  8. copied Mechjeb2 2.5.3.0 to gamedata
  9. integrated the MK1-2 Pod IVA replacment 0.1.1 into the Asset folder

The Gamedata folder:

jfYb0.png

The ASSET folder:

jfYbu.png

edit: Now i get NaN errors on almost every god damn display. COME ON! is this so freakin hard to install?

Edited by masterdies

So i tried again. Thats exactly what i've done

1. Clean KSP 1.0.2 Install
  2. copied Asset Props 1.3 to Gamedata
  3. copied RPM 0.21.2 and Module Manager 2.6.6 to gamedata
  4. copied Vesselviewer 0.71 RPM Version to gamedata
  5. copied Docking Port Aligment Indicator 6.2 to gamedata and integrated it into the JSI folder
  6. copied Nav Utilitis 0.51 RC repacked to gamedata
  7. copied ScanSat 14.1 to gamedata
  8. copied Mechjeb2 2.5.3.0 to gamedata
  9. integrated the MK1-2 Pod IVA replacment 0.1.1 into the Asset folder

The Gamedata folder:

http://puu.sh/jfYb0.png

The ASSET folder:

http://puu.sh/jfYbu.png

edit: Now i get NaN errors on almost every god damn display. COME ON! is this so freakin hard to install?

Haha chill mate, there's always a solution. :)

Your installation process looks good to me, but I note you've used a 1.0.2 install, and because I can't notice anything different in our procedures, then I'd suggest trying 1.0.4 and see if the problem persists. Saves *should* (please don't take my word as gospel) carry over, back-up stuff you're precious about first.

Okay. I installed RPM, ASSET and the Replacer with 1.0.4. No NaN Error. Now i'm exactly where i've started.

edit: since i'm only using completely clean saves straight from the KSP store there is not much i would miss.

Edited by masterdies

why? its still dont work properly. No NavBall.

Try deleting all the module manager files that are created along side and by MM in the game data folder. Some times it needs cleaning out.

Hey guys, I have a quick question, how can I "activate" the landing cam ? I have the HUD but I don't get any camera like output, everything works fine except that I can't get it to work, what am I missing ?

The Landing cams are viewable in the MFD screens only. Press the "pod cams" button and then there are soft keys on the screen to cycle between the cams. "EXT cams" are cameras placed on the craft inside the SPH / VAB.

Aaaaand does absolutely nothing.

Okay, one more time:

Every time i tried to install it i used a factory version. No Saves, No changes in anything, nothing. Straight from the Store.

So what exactly is going wrong, you get no default navball on KSP or the MFD navball's don't show up, even after you've selected them from the tabs?

The Navball dont show up in IVA. In exterior mode or any other RPM IVA everything works fine. Just in that one pod it wont work.

User Dragon01 PM me this solution:

Found a fix. I copypasted the navball model and texture from the RPM folder and it worked. On the RPM default monitor it also works. Dunno what's the problem, but check it out.

if I understood correctly, try to copy "Navball.mu" and "NavBall000.dds" from "...\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Library\Components\NavBall" into "...\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORPFD"

Edited by alexustas

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.