'MK1-2 Pod' IVA Replacement by ASET[v0.3]

alexustas

On 6/25/2016 at 7:08 PM, ISE said:

Anyone tried this with [1.1.3] if so let me know how it goes.

It works. Just as long as you keep RPM up to date, ASET Props and Avionics mods will work. Don't be afraid to test it out for yourself. Only one of 2 things are going to happen. 1) It works (maybe some things behind the scenes aren't clicking, but works all the same) 2) You won't have an IVA on pods that use ASET Props or Avionics. That's pretty much it. Your computer will not suffer a nuclear meltdown, I promise.  

26 minutes ago, ISE said:

Since everything seems normal now, as @ComatoseJedi & I have both successfully loaded the mk1-2 ASET IVA, can we get the AVC update for ckan? Thanks and no rush! :D I do enjoy this mod very much. Cheers

It probably won't be updatable through CKAN, at least not for a while. I'd just delete the AVC file check, since you already got it working and you know it works. As far as the mod goes as operational, there are some things that @alexustas is working on. I would check out the RPM GitHub to see the progress. I'm just happy that he is working on his mods. I will be happy when the wheels get fixed so the ERS can be updated. I love that rover. 

2 hours ago, ISE said:

Since everything seems normal now, as @ComatoseJedi & I have both successfully loaded the mk1-2 ASET IVA, can we get the AVC update for ckan? Thanks and no rush! :D I do enjoy this mod very much. Cheers

As @ComatoseJedi said, this mod is being worked on.  There will be an update when alexustas is ready.  Believe me when I say it'll be worth the wait.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having one problem with this mod. I can't use RPM. I have the newest version of RPM in a KSP version of 1.1.3, and I always get a warning like this:

RasterPropMonitor: INITIALIZATION ERROR,

CHECK CONFIGURATION.

0_o? Please help.

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

10 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I am having one problem with this mod. I can't use RPM. I have the newest version of RPM in a KSP version of 1.1.3, and I always get a warning like this:

RasterPropMonitor: INITIALIZATION ERROR,

CHECK CONFIGURATION.

0_o? Please help.

I need the complete error log (on DropBox or another site) to see what is going on.

For anyone who doesn't know how to download this, due to waiting for the next great update coming for this.

Here is how to get the 1.1.2 version Via the CKAN using the CLI

IDENTIFIER (MK12PodIVAReplacementbyASET)

VERSION (1.1_BETA)

COMMAND (ckan.exe install MK12PodIVAReplacementbyASET=1.1_BETA) 

DEPENDENCIES (mod manager, Aset props, & RPM)

Use this command in your terminal, and it should install it for you. If it doesn't acquire dependencies automatically,

then install them using the same way you attempted to install ((MK12PodIVAReplacementbyASET) by using this command below for Aset Props 

COMMAND (ckan.exe install ASETProps=1.3) 

And remember the other dependencies [module manager, & RPM] 

For LINUX & OSX use MONO to install in the terminal. So it would look something like this 

(mono /Users/johnlatour/Desktop/ckan.exe install MK12PodIVAReplacementbyASET=1.1_BETA) 

I am an OSX user so this is the way I install CKAN mods via the CKAN CLI 

If I missed anything/ made a mistake, feel free to correct me. :)

11 hours ago, ISE said:

For anyone who doesn't know how to download this, due to waiting for the next great update coming for this.

Here is how to get the 1.1.2 version Via the CKAN using the CLI

IDENTIFIER (MK12PodIVAReplacementbyASET)

VERSION (1.1_BETA)

COMMAND (ckan.exe install MK12PodIVAReplacementbyASET=1.1_BETA) 

DEPENDENCIES (mod manager, Aset props, & RPM)

Use this command in your terminal, and it should install it for you. If it doesn't acquire dependencies automatically,

then install them using the same way you attempted to install ((MK12PodIVAReplacementbyASET) by using this command below for Aset Props 

COMMAND (ckan.exe install ASETProps=1.3) 

And remember the other dependencies [module manager, & RPM] 

For LINUX & OSX use MONO to install in the terminal. So it would look something like this 

(mono /Users/johnlatour/Desktop/ckan.exe install MK12PodIVAReplacementbyASET=1.1_BETA) 

I am an OSX user so this is the way I install CKAN mods via the CKAN CLI 

If I missed anything/ made a mistake, feel free to correct me. :)

First command fails:

H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program>ckan.exe install MK12PodIVAReplac
ementbyASET=1.1_BETA
5085 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ASETProps found,
 but nothing provides it.
Module ASETProps required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSP
If you're lucky, you can do a `ckan update` and try again.
Try `ckan install --no-recommends` to skip installation of recommended modules

H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program>

On July 28, 2016 at 3:41 PM, THX1138 said:

First command fails:

H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program>ckan.exe install MK12PodIVAReplac
ementbyASET=1.1_BETA
5085 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ASETProps found,
 but nothing provides it.
Module ASETProps required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSP
If you're lucky, you can do a `ckan update` and try again.
Try `ckan install --no-recommends` to skip installation of recommended modules

H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program>

Install ASET Props in a separate command. CKAN will not get its dependencies automatically if they are out of date like this Mod is. 

Install this ( ckan.exe install ASETProps=1.3 ) in its own separate command. 

Then install this after you've installed ASET Props. ckan.exe install MK12PodIVAReplacementbyASET=1.1_BETA 

Edited by ISE
Revised

4 hours ago, ISE said:

Install ASET Props in a separate command. CKAN will not get its dependencies automatically if they are out of date like this Mod is. 

Install this ( ckan.exe install ASETProps=1.3 ) in its own separate command. 

Then install this after you've installed ASET Props. ckan.exe install MK12PodIVAReplacementbyASET=1.1_BETA 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Slamnam said:

Any idea what might be causing the color codes to display on all IVA text boxes?

RPM requires IVA makers to make some updates in order to work correctly in 1.2.  You can wait for alexustas to update this IVA, or you can look at the release notes for RPM to see what needs changed in the IVA config files.

On 10/17/2016 at 0:15 AM, Slamnam said:

Any idea what might be causing the color codes to display on all IVA text boxes?

3LDAfOJ.jpg

You'll have to go into each of the .cfg files that calls out a color code and change the "[#********]" to "<color=#********>".  It's required due to a change in the updated Unity Engine I think.  It's a lot of changes, so you'll probably want to us a program to make the changes in batch (I used "FAR - Find and Replace").

13 hours ago, bradwp said:

You'll have to go into each of the .cfg files that calls out a color code and change the "[#********]" to "<color=#********>".  It's required due to a change in the updated Unity Engine I think.  It's a lot of changes, so you'll probably want to us a program to make the changes in batch (I used "FAR - Find and Replace").

Would it be possible for anyone who has done this to upload a zip of their edited configs?  Or even the entire folder?

• 3 weeks later...

You'd have to go through hundreds of files by hand to fix that.  I think downloading Find and Replace is a quicker option.

If you don't know how to use Find and Replace to fix the cfg files, here's a quick tutorial.

1. Download Find and Replace and extract it.
  2. Run the executable.
  3. Go to FAR -> Settings and uncheck the "Exclude binary files from replace operation" box.
  4. Go to the "Find" tab.  Under the "Base Directory" box, click Browse and find your ASET_Props subfolder (It's in Gamedata/ASET in your KSP game directory).
  5. In the "File Name Pattern" box, type "*.cfg" (no quotes).
  6. In the "Content Pattern" text box, type the following expression: \[((#[0-9a-fA-F]{6})|(#[0-9a-fA-F]{8}))\] (Copy-paste this expression if you wish)
  7. Below that text box, make sure the "Regular Expression" check box is checked.
  8. Click "Find" and wait for the program to find all the files.  It should find all of the files with an instance of [#******] or [#********] in the .cfg file.
  9. Go to the "Replace" tab.
  10. In the "Replace With..." text box, type "<color=\1>" (no quotes)
  11. Click "Replace"
  12. Load the game and check the IVAs.  Most everything should be back to normal.  Some text will still be broken though.

If you're wondering what the jumble of letters is you have to type into "Content Pattern", that's a regular expression, which are used for searching for text, and there are tutorials online for understanding what that says.  I personally had to look up some tutorials and get a bit of help to get a regex that works for an easy find and replace for the .cfg files.

I'm assuming the syntax for any line in a config file that looks like "labelText = [#<=1:"fff600ff";"00FF0000";"00FFFF00"=>]..." should be "labelText = <color= #<=1:"fff600ff";"00FF0000";"00FFFF00"=>>..."  If so, correcting the rest of the files should be easy.

Also, this will work until the mod is updated (unless updating the mod is literally just fixing these syntax errors).

EDIT: Syntax change for the lines with multiple color codes doesn't work.  I'll have to get the correct syntax later.

Edited by Nittany Tiger

On 11/12/2016 at 1:30 PM, Nittany Tiger said:

You'd have to go through hundreds of files by hand to fix that.  I think downloading Find and Replace is a quicker option.

If you don't know how to use Find and Replace to fix the cfg files, here's a quick tutorial.

1. Download Find and Replace and extract it.
  2. Run the executable.
  3. Go to FAR -> Settings and uncheck the "Exclude binary files from replace operation" box.
  4. Go to the "Find" tab.  Under the "Base Directory" box, click Browse and find your ASET_Props subfolder (It's in Gamedata/ASET in your KSP game directory).
  5. In the "File Name Pattern" box, type "*.cfg" (no quotes).
  6. In the "Content Pattern" text box, type the following expression: \[((#[0-9a-fA-F]{6})|(#[0-9a-fA-F]{8}))\] (Copy-paste this expression if you wish)
  7. Below that text box, make sure the "Regular Expression" check box is checked.
  8. Click "Find" and wait for the program to find all the files.  It should find all of the files with an instance of [#******] or [#********] in the .cfg file.
  9. Go to the "Replace" tab.
  10. In the "Replace With..." text box, type "<color=\1>" (no quotes)
  11. Click "Replace"
  12. Load the game and check the IVAs.  Most everything should be back to normal.  Some text will still be broken though.

If you're wondering what the jumble of letters is you have to type into "Content Pattern", that's a regular expression, which are used for searching for text, and there are tutorials online for understanding what that says.  I personally had to look up some tutorials and get a bit of help to get a regex that works for an easy find and replace for the .cfg files.

I'm assuming the syntax for any line in a config file that looks like "labelText = [#<=1:"fff600ff";"00FF0000";"00FFFF00"=>]..." should be "labelText = <color= #<=1:"fff600ff";"00FF0000";"00FFFF00"=>>..."  If so, correcting the rest of the files should be easy.

Also, this will work until the mod is updated (unless updating the mod is literally just fixing these syntax errors).

EDIT: Syntax change for the lines with multiple color codes doesn't work.  I'll have to get the correct syntax later.

I may have figured out the multi-color syntax.  I changed it from 

"labelText = [#<=1:"fff600ff";"00FF0000";"00FFFF00"=>]..."

to 

"labelText = <#<=1:"fff600ff";"00FF0000";"00FFFF00"=>>..."

This seemed to work for the first one I tried which was the stage switch.  I'm going to continue working tonight and see what results I get.

Edit:  It definitely works. I have almost all of them done, I just can't find the one above the parachute buttons and a couple on the overhead switches (I have no idea what the overhead switches are for??).

Edited by artemisrain

8 hours ago, artemisrain said:

I may have figured out the multi-color syntax.  I changed it from 

"labelText = [#<=1:"fff600ff";"00FF0000";"00FFFF00"=>]..."

to 

"labelText = <#<=1:"fff600ff";"00FF0000";"00FFFF00"=>>..."

This seemed to work for the first one I tried which was the stage switch.  I'm going to continue working tonight and see what results I get.

Edit:  It definitely works. I have almost all of them done, I just can't find the one above the parachute buttons and a couple on the overhead switches (I have no idea what the overhead switches are for??).

Excellent.  That takes care of the majority of the bugs.

I think those overhead switches are just for show.  They don't do anything but you can still flip them.

Regex for finding the multi-color syntax should be /[#<=[0-9]:("[a-fA-F0-9]{8}");\1;\1=>/].  I'll refine that later for use in Find and Replace.  The remaining unchanged syntax might be six-character hex multi-color code and you just find and replace using the regex /[#<=[0-9]:("[a-fA-F0-9]{6}");\1;\1=>/].  If so, then we officially patched the mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.