'MK1-2 Pod' IVA Replacement by ASET[v0.3]

alexustas

On 08/04/2018 at 8:50 PM, Andrey.gr said:

ASET's with RPM are so sweet! Have a question. Any way I can have in VAB, the old CM and redesigned one in 1.4.1?

You can get at the old pod through the Tech Levels part filtering mode. I'd advise backing up all the files for the old pod so you can add it in as a mod yourself (really simple to do - should just be drag and drop to put it back) in the event Squad ever properly remove the old pod rather than just deprecating it.

10 hours ago, Sufficient Anonymity said:

You can get at the old pod through the Tech Levels part filtering mode. I'd advise backing up all the files for the old pod so you can add it in as a mod yourself (really simple to do - should just be drag and drop to put it back) in the event Squad ever properly remove the old pod rather than just deprecating it.

Thank you for your answer. 

• 5 weeks later...

It's awesome, great, love it! With this one and all others asets mods that's make KSP incredibly immersive, many thanks :)

Do you think we could have the same mod for the Mk 1 Command Pod? Because it's the one mostly used in all early game.. It'll be awesome!

Thanks

something like this maybe:

Spoiler

1czQSQ6.png

it s old but still work

link:https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/123769-ksa-iva-upgrade/&

and welcome onbord forum

edit:and a new one with old probs MAS from MOARdv

Spoiler

yZBboA.jpg

link:https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/160856-wip-14x-moardvs-avionics-systems-mas-interactive-iva-v0211-14-july-2018/

Edited by Burning Kan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I got my 1-2 capsule to show aset IVA but now displays are upside down and I think for the navball miorrored, anyone else fix that?

I figure it's me not the IVA

On 6/5/2018 at 2:00 PM, Sufficient Anonymity said:

You are not running the most recent version of RPM

Thanks, I upgraded just after posting and all's well.

Man, so many mods to track!  :)

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Due to me being a noob, does this work with the mk 1-3 pod? Because it isn't.

No, you'd need to write a MM patch to switch out the IVA of the Mk1-3 for this (you'll get some clipping issues with the windows, I'd imagine). Alternatively, carry on using the Mk1-2, given it is still accessible via the advanced part sorting modes.

7 hours ago, Sufficient Anonymity said:

No, you'd need to write a MM patch to switch out the IVA of the Mk1-3 for this (you'll get some clipping issues with the windows, I'd imagine). Alternatively, carry on using the Mk1-2, given it is still accessible via the advanced part sorting modes.

Ah thanks. Do I search for it?

And also will there be a mod for all the stock command pods?

13 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Ah thanks. Do I search for it?

I think the size or tech level filters make it visible.

13 hours ago, Xd the great said:

And also will there be a mod for all the stock command pods?

Not necessarily - as you can see, different pods have got different modders working on them - there's the Mk1-3 that akardam is working on but hasn't released yet, G'th has already released an amazing IVA for the Mk3 shuttle cockpit, theonegalen is working on a variety of different things, some of which have and haven't been released, plus alexustas has made IVAs for other pods which still function fine, like the 1.25m spaceplane cockpit and the small lander can.

16 hours ago, Sufficient Anonymity said:

I think the size or tech level filters make it visible.

Not necessarily - as you can see, different pods have got different modders working on them - there's the Mk1-3 that akardam is working on but hasn't released yet, G'th has already released an amazing IVA for the Mk3 shuttle cockpit, theonegalen is working on a variety of different things, some of which have and haven't been released, plus alexustas has made IVAs for other pods which still function fine, like the 1.25m spaceplane cockpit and the small lander can.

Ah thanks a lot.

Will you guys come together and combine all the mods together into a single big mod?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 1:11 AM, Sufficient Anonymity said:

a) I'm just some guy, not a modder

b) KSP historically has tended not to have mod packs

like somewhere to discuss all these and that people can download all of them together and also just each one (basically a big aset thread  that connects to all other threads.)

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

You must be from the future :o

Do you have RasterPropMonitor and ASET Props installed as well?

:blink: u right... Future here... it is 1.4.5 Version

For the test, i deleted the Gamedata path (restored to vanilla with steam) and installed ASET Props and RasterPropMonitor on this sequence.

Additionally added the MM (Version  3.0.7) to GameData.

On the Log i see some of errors, like this here:

LoadInternalPart 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesMod/orbital-orb-remade-internal/orbitalOrbInternalsRPM' FAILED: Cannot find model
LoadInternalPart 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal/SH_mk2CockpitInternalRPM' FAILED: Cannot find model
LoadInternalPart 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesMod/kp0110-remade-internal/KP0110internalRPM' FAILED: Cannot find model

I think this were the main errors for not loading MK1-2. By the way, i read in one comment, to activate the MK1-2 you have to go in one of the squad paths and edit one of the configurations files of MK1-2 where you set the "category" value from "none" to "Pods". After this the MK1-2 is loadin, but it does not work und looks ugly.

Edited by remax

Tried it on my own and it works perfectly fine, even though I got the very same error messages like you.

4 hours ago, remax said:

i read in one comment, to activate the MK1-2 you have to go in one of the squad paths and edit one of the configurations files of MK1-2 where you set the "category" value from "none" to "Pods"

You don't have to do this but it becomes easier to find the pod. In the editor, in the top left corner you can see an arrow (looks like 3 vertical lines + a triangle) and if you click on it, you'll enable the advance mode. Every part can be found in this mode by filtering the parts by categories and subcategories. I.e. the MK1-2 pod can be found by filtering by 'cross-section-profile' -> 'size 2 (2.5m)'.

Well, back to your problem:
Since you already tried reinstalling everything, there is just one more thing I can think of: probably you installed the mods wrong. So, let me draw the required folder structure:

• KSP_install_directory
    • GameData
      • ASET
        • ASET_Props
        • MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET
      • JSI
        • Agencies
        • RasterPropMonitor
        • RPMPodPatches
      • Squad
      • SquadExpansion <- This one is optional (DLC)
      • ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.