'MK1-2 Pod' IVA Replacement by ASET[v0.3]

alexustas

Hi,

Have you tried to modify the name of model to use, as alexustas said?

@Mogoloko

You should also add all this stuff to the config of the Pod, but not only change the name of the INTERNAL

Reveal hidden contents

or you can take the config from this post and replace "mk1-3pod " to "mk1pod_v2"

• 1 month later...

Hi

Was looking to try this mod on KSP 1.7, but I get the impression that command pod mk1-2 is an old pod that was removed from the game? I see mk1pod_v2 files in the GameData/Squad folder, but not sure whether this is it. I tried putting @category = Pods into the config, but no new pod appears in the VAB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@alexustas I've been playing KSP since v0.11 and this is the coolest mod I've seen. I never cared for the UI of KSP and always wondered what the point of the IVA was given its limitations. The developers of  KSP should pay you to implement something like this in an expansion pack. Well done!

On 6/15/2019 at 5:11 PM, RW-1 said:

I'd also like to know if a new version is coming, in 1.7.1 and .2, my side window is half covered by "something" ...

How do you do to play with this mod in 1.7.1 and .2 ? I try but it's always the stock IVA. Of course I also downloaded dependencies.

Thank you

EDIT : Finally it works!! I only patched the mod with the config file in page 10. But I didn't it before because when I downloaded the config file my firewall blocked it. So this time I tried in manual : creating a file and put the text in. And that works very well. I can see the lateral window. But I only have an artefact in the frontal window, then it's not too bad.

Edited by Hannil

On 6/23/2019 at 6:56 PM, Hannil said:

How do you do to play with this mod in 1.7.1 and .2 ? I try but it's always the stock IVA. Of course I also downloaded dependencies.

Thank you

EDIT : Finally it works!! I only patched the mod with the config file in page 10. But I didn't it before because when I downloaded the config file my firewall blocked it. So this time I tried in manual : creating a file and put the text in. And that works very well. I can see the lateral window. But I only have an artefact in the frontal window, then it's not too bad.

Hannil,

Thanks for posting!

I had to go back and look at my setup, I must have forgotten to rename the patch cfg's when I went to breaking ground and the latest version of KSP, I had just copied the patch file to the proper location and left it.

I have my window back as well, feels so good! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 12:59 PM, RW-1 said:

Hannil,

Thanks for posting!

I had to go back and look at my setup, I must have forgotten to rename the patch cfg's when I went to breaking ground and the latest version of KSP, I had just copied the patch file to the proper location and left it.

I have my window back as well, feels so good! :)

Can you guys be more descriptive about what you did?

What I did :

- I have KSP 1.7.2

- Download MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET-0.3.zip and Install the mod's files into GameData

- Go to GameData\ASET\MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET

- Create a new .cfg file with a name of my own choice (alongside MK1-2_ASETinternal-patch.cfg), and paste the entirety of the file suggested on page 10 of this thread. Save the file.

- Go to GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\mk1pod_v2 and edit mk1Pod_v2.cfg to replace the line

name = mk1pod_IVA

with the line

// name = mk1pod_IVA
name = MK1-2_ASETInternals

- Start the game

Despite this, I still see the stock cockpit...

After puting the mod in the GameData folder, I just followed it :

make a config named: mk1-3IVA.cfg

and put then following lines in,and put the mk1-3IVA.cfg into GameData/ASET/MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET

I putted all of the "Reveal hidden content" of the Burning Kan's post from page 10, in the mk1-3IVA.cfg file.

- Create a new .cfg file with a name of my own choice (alongside MK1-2_ASETinternal-patch.cfg), and paste the entirety of the file suggested on page 10 of this thread. Save the file.

- Go to GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\mk1pod_v2 and edit mk1Pod_v2.cfg to replace the line

I guess it doesn't work for you as you just changed few lines and not all of the content of the config file. The MK1-2_ASETinternal-patch.cfg must be copy and puted into GameData/ASET/MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET. I suggest to keep this name mk1-3IVA.cfg (not personnalize it).

PS: excuse me if I'm not totally clear, because English isn't my mother tongue.

Edited by Hannil

18 hours ago, Hannil said:

After puting the mod in the GameData folder, I just followed it :

I putted all of the "Reveal hidden content" of the Burning Kan's post from page 10, in the mk1-3IVA.cfg file.

I guess it doesn't work for you as you just changed few lines and not all of the content of the config file. The MK1-2_ASETinternal-patch.cfg must be copy and puted into GameData/ASET/MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET. I suggest to keep this name mk1-3IVA.cfg (not personnalize it).

PS: excuse me if I'm not totally clear, because English isn't my mother tongue.

Apart from not choosing a custom file name, I think you're describing the exact same steps as I described :

- Put the entire file "MK1-2_ASETinternal-patch.cfg" (and the entire mod, actually) from the mod into folder GameData/ASET/MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET

- Creating an additional config file that you also put into GameData/ASET/MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET, and copy all the lines from the "hidden" section of the comment on page 10 into that file. (I've tried naming the file "mk1-3IVA.cfg" instead of giving it a custom name but it didn't help. )

- In GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\mk1pod_v2\mk1Pod_v2.cfg , change the one line about "INTERNAL" (as I described in my previous post) as recommended in this forum

I still see the stock IVA when I build a rocket that only contains the Mk1-3 or the Mk1-

Are there any implicit steps that I'm overlooking? Something that looks obvious to you brainiacs but not to a regular human being?

Examples :

- I'm trying it in sandbox -- "Duh, it only works in career!"

- In the VAB, the part is named like in the mod's config file: "Mk1-3 Command Pod (M)" -- "Duh, it proves that the mod is properly loaded but the issue is with something else!"

- I'm using that part on my rocket -- "Duh! You should use the other new part, not that stock part! Didn't you notice there was a new command pod in the list somewhere else?"

- I don't know how to troubleshoot further -- "Duh! Don't you know that there's a log file somewhere that will tell you if the mod didn't get fully loaded?"

Edited by jeancallisti

On 7/11/2019 at 10:47 AM, jeancallisti said:

Can you guys be more descriptive about what you did?

Grab the patch file MK1-3_ASETinternal-patch.cfg

RENAME it to "MK1-2IVA.cfg

Place that into      ASET \ MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET   location.

That's it.

In my last thanks post, I was saying I had copied the patch over, but had not renamed it to MK1-2IVA.cfg

If you dont rename it the program will ignore it.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:17 AM, jeancallisti said:

- In GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\mk1pod_v2\mk1Pod_v2.cfg , change the one line about "INTERNAL" (as I described in my previous post) as recommended in this forum

I didn't do this step. Maybe that's a reason to doesn't work.

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2019 at 8:21 PM, elGremlin said:

Did anybody of you make it working on new MK1-3Pod? I did not. For me it is not working. I did all the steps mentioned above :-( some step-by-step guide for dummies?

Dont think the mod make even bothers on this any more not written  any think on here since March.

Well, the thing is, with 1.8 out now, I'm back to having my navball display mirrored and upside down.

I did update Module manager to 4.1.0 for 1.8, but issue remains.

Using -force-glcore  will correct, but other thing occur running that.

Is ASET out of modding for good?

On 10/25/2019 at 4:49 PM, RW-1 said:

Is ASET out of modding for good?

Not necessarily. @alexustas is not very active on the forums for a looonngg time, and has always had long periods with no word between updates of their mods.

Just have to be very patient, or wait for someone to post up an "unnoficial" fix in the meantime. ;)

On 10/27/2019 at 1:33 PM, Stone Blue said:

Not necessarily. @alexustas is not very active on the forums for a looonngg time, and has always had long periods with no word between updates of their mods.

Just have to be very patient, or wait for someone to post up an "unnoficial" fix in the meantime. ;)

Oh I'm patient, just doing without at the moment makes IVA not so great. No worries.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Damn, for some reason I'm still having issues whereas my "windows" are not matched up with 1-3, and my chute placement covers the "windows" hence I'm partially blocked.

I retried reinstalling ASET 1-2 v 0.3 and patching but same thing ugh.

Image for what is going on ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/125Z9IwA1suBuumTwUKufClx0oJpMO1KI/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, RW-1 said:

...for some reason I'm still having issues whereas my "windows" are not matched up with 1-3...

Yeah.. Unfortunately, thats totally expected, and nothing can be done, unless the IVA model (at least the shell), gets completely remodeled from scratch to match the exterior model of the new 1-3... The windows are in completely different places, between the models.

13 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Yeah.. Unfortunately, thats totally expected, and nothing can be done, unless the IVA model (at least the shell), gets completely remodeled from scratch to match the exterior model of the new 1-3... The windows are in completely different places, between the models.

Ugh, I figured that ... but I swear I had it corrected at one point with the patches, no biggie, just looks weird covering the external windows with chutes to avoid this.  :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.