ASET Avionics Pack v 2.1 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

This pack is for the modders who create IVA's for the aircrafts

RTxro1yl.png
view imgur album

Some time ago I received a request from the user MasseFlieger to make a couple of aircraft instruments for his projects.

I love aviation, I fly in MFSX and DCS so I decided to do them. But I didn't just made only ones that what requested - instead I made a whole pack of classic analog props for the planes.

• Altitude indicator (ASL)
  • Radio Altimeter
  • Air Speed Indicator (EAS)
  • Mach Number gauge
  • Vertical Speed Indicator
  • Heading gauge
  • Turn Coordinator
  • Dynamic Pressure gauge
  • Temperature gauges (Engine, Skin, Internal, Enviroment and Surface)
  • Ground Speed Indicator
  • Artificial Horizon Indicator
  • RMI
  • HSI
  • Navigation Radio Units
  • Comm RAdio Unit
  • DME Unit
  • AoA gauge
  • Trim Indicator
  • Throttle/Thrust gauge
  • G-meter
  • Compass
  • Battery charge gauge
  • Fuel/Air Flow gauge
  • Fuel Quantity gauge
  • Flaps setting indicator
  • Gear Lever
  • Brake Force gauge
  • Engine mode toggle switch
  • Engine Reverce toggle switch
  • GPS Display
  • Power Supply Display
  • Flaps control lever (FAR)
  • Spoilers lever (FAR)
  • Yoke
  • Heads-Up Display
  • "Boeing"-style Toggle and Rotary switches

You can download and install this mod to see all these devices in action

If you want me to make any other instrument write me in this thread.

Jebbesen® Kerbin Aerocharts

mPTxY3cm.png

(clickable)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention all IVA-makers, who created there own props based on the ASET props.

In the next major version of ASET PROPS old tumblers and buttons will be removed.

All IVA makers are advised to switch to new, modular buttons.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mods dependency

required:

Module Manager 2.8+

RasterPropMonitor v0.30.2

ASET_Props v 1.5+

recommended:

FAR v 0.16.7.2+

Downloads:

ASET Avionics Pack v 2.1 (Spacedock)

Installation:

- Install into “/Gamedata/ASET/"

Known issues:

- DME unit uses the flat map model  to calculate the distances, due to which the calculations might be incorrect especially closer to the poles. The issue will be resolved with the release of  "MAS".

Many thanks to the group of testers for their help with this release

@nukeboyt  @imerg  @StevieC  @Plecy75   @ISE  @holodmer @chimpbone

@Dragon01 @lazar2222 @simtom @Zapo147 @lennie @PhantomC3PO

@Chaumas @Mecripp @panarchist @Ghosty141 @Lo Var Lachland @sebseb7

@harrisjosh2711 @Falco01 @>The Amazing Spy<

Special thanks to  @MOARdV, @Mihara, @DennyTX@nukeboyt , @Dragon01 and @linuxgurugamer for their help and support with the mods development.

And all the forum users who support and motivate me to keep working on my mods.

Like what I do? Want to directly support development? Consider donating via Patreon or Paypal!         QcYfNA1.png?1               btn_donate_LG.gif

88x31.png

'ASET Avionics' by Alexustas is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Changelog:

26/11/2017

ASET avionics - V 2.1

*Optimization and various improvements
  *Fixed an error in Aero Charts thanks to lazr2222 and MOARdv.

09/02-2017
ASET avionics - V 2.0

What is changed:

Almost all props were rebuilt due to the migration to Unity5, and also for the possibility to use new RPM features
most props now support the "COLOR_OVERRIDE" feature, which give all IVA-makers ample opportunity to customize their own IVA
the switches "ASET_B-Knob" are now modular, you can combine the switch model, the collider model and label   using the MODEL{} module to create your variations of this prop. 2 to 6 positions of the switch are supported.

What’s new:

*full set of the analog indicators (gauges) for temperature is added
    *analog indicators (gauge) for the brakes force is added
    *full set of the analog indicators (gauges) for the engine is added:
        -air flow
        -fuel  flow
        -engine mode (primary / secondary)
        -throttle-limit
        -the new design of throttle/thrust indicator
    *the new design of the vertical speed indicator
    *the new design of the heading indicator
    *LCD-display for the estimated time of the flight and distance
    *LCD-display for the GPS coordinates
    *toggle-switches for the engine's reverse control, engine's mode control, fuel cells and emergency power generator control
    *a fully functional system of radio navigation, which includes:
        -realistic RMI and HSI indicators, which support NDB, VOR and ILS
        -two NAV-radio units
        -DME unit
        -network of Nav facilities covering the surface of Kerbin
        -ILS complex for the KSC airfield
        -Kerbin Aerocharts

Edited by alexustas

DUDE! I so love your work lol I have been saying it everyplace I find your stuff. But here is the thing (also posted on a couple sites trying to get your att) ALCOR is not working properly now with the new RPM and that is my fav and I cannot use it! PLEASE PLEASE update it.

DUDE! I so love your work lol I have been saying it everyplace I find your stuff. But here is the thing (also posted on a couple sites trying to get your att) ALCOR is not working properly now with the new RPM and that is my fav and I cannot use it! PLEASE PLEASE update it.

Whats wrong with it ?

Like Eminem says, ur phenomenal Alexustas! Great job, now could u please tell us how we should integrate these gadgets into KSP stock (and add-on) cockpits (in case we are not such a great modders, but we really want them)?

P.S. TY for your great work!

... now could u please tell us how we should integrate these gadgets into KSP stock (and add-on) cockpits (in case we are not such a great modders, but we really want them)?

P.S. TY for your great work!

You should take a look at these wonderful tutorials by nil2work.

- Exterior/Interior Unity setup; export to KSP; slight config error near the end. ~1hr

- Error corrected and explained; External/Internal basic function checks ~15min

- Spawning IVA in Unity; populating IVA with Props and Light ~35m

- Internal Props; ~16min

I'm sure it will help a lot with your projects.

Just an idea from a total nooby who doesnt know a line on how to code.

Is it possible to have IVA instruments linked to the VAB/SPH lvl? For example having the low tech instrumentation , them some cathodic screens and when building si maxed, MFD everywhere with fancy buttons and lights? :blush:

Just an idea from a total nooby who doesnt know a line on how to code.

Is it possible to have IVA instruments linked to the VAB/SPH lvl? For example having the low tech instrumentation , them some cathodic screens and when building si maxed, MFD everywhere with fancy buttons and lights? :blush:

Hi Vahal,

That is exactly what my next version of ModifiedIVA will take into account, check it out in my mod thread. currently working on the mk1-A and B (mid life update).

This is . . .

Simply wow.

Just blows my mind.

Personally, I have a strong preference for MFDs, but all of those bells and whistles still look fantastic. Might you actually integrate props for BD Armory systems? There's a number of things that are supposedly in the pipeline for the next patch of that mod, namely involved in detection and counter-detection. Having MFDs that work with them, or not so mf displays, would be really cool.

... Might you actually integrate props for BD Armory systems? ...

I CAN:

make the props for the A10C instruments, such as: Countermeasure Set Control (CMSC) and the ALR-69 (v) Radar Warning Receiver (RWR). add the information related to arms for HUD, to make a "military" version of the MFD, including the page "Targeting Pod (TGP)" and "Digital Stores Management System (DSMS)". also, can do a "Targeting Pod" part for placing it on the standard place.

61wtI0Bm.pngqpiX0ZLm.png6tOSBYCm.png

66s9z1km.pngrRChGVNm.pngyXyJHMCm.png

aaq28_01.jpg

I CAN NOT:

make it work. :(

it requires a plug-bridge between the Armory and the RPM , which will provide a complete set of data for managing all these devices. And I'm not a programmer.

Edited by alexustas

I'm sure that this wouldent be too hard for somone who know how to program to do! :o

- - - Updated - - -

anybody considered using some of these for the firespitter pack? I've tried to set up the iva's myself but x.x it all turned out horribly. so if anybody would be intrested that woudl be awesome :D also like a yoke for the kerbcoptor dognose :o since it always seemed like a decent seaplane or short range aircraft nose

Alex, you've made a couple of requests for RPM features. Now I'm going to make a couple of requests for ASET features. That's fair, right? :D

1: Generic linear analog gauge:

UVQpdI.png

Simply a percentage scale with an analog bar or arrow that is animated (can be used for throttle %, fuel %, and so forth). With backlighting like the other analog avionics gauges, of course.

2: Generic jeweled lamp:

zsYNNw.jpg

The lights from your switch w/guard are good examples (just with no switch and no descriptor plate). All I want is a simple domed lamp that I can control (turn on / turn off / color change) using JSIVariableAnimator.

3: The complex one:

Q63uXG.jpg

The range and range-rate instrument from Gemini (used for docking). What I'd really like is the outer scale to be in meters x 1000, and linear (this looks logarithmic) out to 10km maybe? The inner ring scale could be range from -100 to +1000m - maybe it would make more sense as a logarithmic scale (if that's not too hard). The rate would make sense as +/- 2m/s (maybe that's accurate enough for docking). All three gauges would be controlled by JSIVariableAnimator, of course.

EDIT: I found the documentation for this instrument in the Gemini manual (volume 2) - the outer ring is used to report distance. The inner ring reports the relative speed (closure rate). It's actually a fairly interesting device, but I'll skip the details. Maybe rescale the outer ring to 0 - 10 ( x1000 meters), and have an inner ring that corresponds to 0 - 100 (m/s). The inner gauge (the -5 - +5 ft/s) is longitudinal rate, so it could remain as a -2 - +2 m/s - the documentation says it's pegged to one of the extremes up until the final approach for docking. Although having a 2nd gauge like that (maybe pointing to the left, or on the left edge pointing inwards, so it's oriented vertically) would allow decomposing longitudinal motion into vertical and horizontal components.

I'd be happy with the first two items. I'd be extremely happy if the docking gauge was possible, too, but I realize that's more complex and specialized. I'm still trying to think of analog gauges that could work for docking alignment, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

Edited by MOARdV
Change description of how the R&R-R insturment works.

Alex, you've made a couple of requests for RPM features. Now I'm going to make a couple of requests for ASET features. That's fair, right? :D

Oh, yes, this absolutely fair, especially since I am preparing several large request for you in the near future :)

The first two props is has been in my plans already and I have even started to do "linear analog gauge" recently . Remains only to make configs for stock resources

a0uYlOul.jpg

Since you were already planning on the first two generic gauges, let me throw in a third generic gauge :) :

r6r7Jl.png

Not just one vertical gauge, but two in a single prop. Will the wonders of 50 year old instrumentation never cease?

Argh.

After reading this fine posting (I use rasterpropmonitor-ASET-based avionics command pods whenever I can...I am so addicted to the 'in-pod' gameplay), it looks like I will have to scratch the surface, try to learn some of this stuff, and try my hand at bringing the NearFuture 7 man command pod into an Rasterprop/ASET iva.

I would rather someone else do it that has the skills and expertise, but alas, I believe Nertea has enough on his hands already.

Cheers.

Argh.

After reading this fine posting (I use rasterpropmonitor-ASET-based avionics command pods whenever I can...I am so addicted to the 'in-pod' gameplay), it looks like I will have to scratch the surface, try to learn some of this stuff, and try my hand at bringing the NearFuture 7 man command pod into an Rasterprop/ASET iva.

I would rather someone else do it that has the skills and expertise, but alas, I believe Nertea has enough on his hands already.

Cheers.

I'd encourage you to try your hand at it. It's not too hard to do, if you're using the props included in ASET Avionics, ASET Props, and stock RPM. You have to install a Unity editor and KSP Part Tools, and then it's mostly a case of placing props, resizing them, and moving them around. It is time consuming, however. For instance, this:

5Jq35p.jpg

is about 10 - 15 hours of work (between arranging things in Unity, testing it in-game, and customizing some prop configurations). I've put about 15 - 20 more hours into it and rearranged a lot of things since then. I can't imagine how much time Alexustas has put in to the pods he's done (although maybe, being artistically inclined, he's quicker at it than I am).

Thanks for the advice and the encouragement MOARdV. You folks are the movers and shakers of KSP, so it's probably time for me to get my hands dirty and do lots of trial and error (oh, and I will watch those youtube videos mentioned on the previous page, especially part III).

Cheers....I will have my 7 man command module with a decent IVA one of these days :).

• 4 weeks later...

Alexustas, I've been making ASET enabled IVAs for my M2X cockpits, and while doing so it occurred to me that there were a few gauges that wern't included that would be useful. I don't know if you are stil taking requests for gauges, or if they can be done, but could we get an Angle of Attack gauge?

wJuEgf2.png

Something else that would be useful for TRJ/Nerv engined craft; could we get some sort of Engine temp gauge to supplement the Pod temp gauge?

8V4TC0Q.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.