ASET Avionics Pack v 2.1 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

Hey @alexustas, I'm working on making some warbird-style cockpits, and I was wondering if you might be able to put together an old-style flight indicator, as circled in red in the below picture. I'd also love to put in the old-style directional gyro as circled in green, and maybe a tachometer-styled thrust indicator (blue circle)? Just as long as it says RPM x100, it can just show a throttle setting percentage.

I understand you're probably busy and might not be able to or want to do those instruments, but I figure there's no harm in asking. Thanks for everything you've already done!

Spoiler

kHd0Il0.jpg

I made my own with new textures. Thanks for making that available!

Edited by theonegalen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Gaben666 said:

I can't download this amazing mod

:(

There is a link on this very page to the last official release.  The updated release is still in testing, and it is not generally available yet.

• 1 month later...

So the Avinoics stuff won't show up. I tried every cockpit.

Log

I also had a problem with ASET Props where the Props would not show up.

Version of KSP is 1.2.1

I'm am using Windows 10.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

On 11/20/2016 at 8:50 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

So the Avinoics stuff won't show up. I tried every cockpit.

Log

I also had a problem with ASET Props where the Props would not show up.

Version of KSP is 1.2.1

I'm am using Windows 10.

what patch are you using to add them or mod ?

• 1 month later...

Kerbalstuff has been gone for a year.

And the mod seems to be in a frozen state in CKAN (ie: not being updated) because Kerbalstuff is gone and the .netkan file wasn't updated with a new download location

I got the source from that dropbox link someone posted earlier.

Do you think it would be ok if I uploaded it to a Github repo, and then fix CKAN to use that?

Or, I could put it up on Spacedock, and have CKAN use that instead?

Let me know.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 6-1-2017 at 3:00 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Kerbalstuff has been gone for a year.

And the mod seems to be in a frozen state in CKAN (ie: not being updated) because Kerbalstuff is gone and the .netkan file wasn't updated with a new download location

I got the source from that dropbox link someone posted earlier.

Do you think it would be ok if I uploaded it to a Github repo, and then fix CKAN to use that?

Or, I could put it up on Spacedock, and have CKAN use that instead?

Let me know.

Thanks

As far as I know the download links in CKAN were updated to a dropbox link that downloads the last release of ASET props

3 minutes ago, Olympic1 said:

As far as I know the download links in CKAN were updated to a dropbox link that downloads the last release of ASET props

Right, but dropbox has a tendency to block too many downloads.  And apparently that update happened since I made that post :-)

Anyway, the real issue is Dropbox.  @alexustas it would be good if you could put this on Github or Spacedock.  I'd be happy to help if you need it. 

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Right, but dropbox has a tendency to block too many downloads.  And apparently that update happened since I made that post :-)

Anyway, the real issue is Dropbox.  @alexustas it would be good if you could put this on Github or Spacedock.  I'd be happy to help if you need it. 

My two cents, for what they're worth: I really would not point at someone's Dropbox re-post of the links, unless it's your own account.  If you really, really need a link up there for all the CKAN users who can't/won't install the mod manually, alexustas's license permits you to put it on spacedock.  Give it a name that identifies it as a temporary hosting until the next update comes out, and make it clear it's not your mod, and I would think you'd be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

ASET avionics - v 2.0:

What is changed:

• almost all props were rebuilt due to the migration to Unity5, and also for the possibility to use new RPM features
  • most props now support the "COLOR_OVERRIDE" feature, which give all IVA-makers ample opportunity to customize their own IVA
  • the switches "ASET_B-Knob" are now modular, you can combine the switch model, the collider model and label   using the MODEL{} module to create your variations of this prop. 2 to 6 positions of the switch are supported.

What’s new:

• full set of the analog indicators (gauges) for temperature is added
  • analog indicators (gauge) for the brakes force is added
  • full set of the analog indicators (gauges) for the engine is added:
    • air flow
    • fuel  flow
    • engine mode (primary / secondary)
    • throttle-limit
    • the new design of throttle/thrust indicator
  • the new design of the vertical speed indicator
  • the new design of the heading indicator
  • LCD-display for the estimated time of the flight and distance
  • LCD-display for the GPS coordinates
  • toggle-switches for the engine's reverse control, engine's mode control, fuel cells and emergency power generator control
  • a fully functional system of radio navigation, which includes:
    • realistic RMI and HSI indicators, which support NDB, VOR and ILS
    • two NAV-radio units
    • DME unit
    • network of Nav facilities covering the surface of Kerbin
    • ILS complex for the KSC airfield
    • Kerbin Aerocharts

Known issues:

- DME unit uses the flat map model  to calculate the distances, due to which the calculations might be incorrect especially closer to the poles. The issue will be resolved with the release of  "MAS".

Edited by alexustas

@alexustas Cool props, thank you. And those charts... they are super amazing. I bet no one had done anything like that for KSP before. Well, now it seems like it's time to revive KSP ATC idea.

Is there any way to use Navaids data programatically? The idea is to bind in-game waypoint navigation to VOR/NDB by presenting waypoints to a pilot in the form "India-Delta-Zero-Six 135 DME 300" instead of stock blips and marks on the navball.

Edited by Ser

simple flight from KSC to North-East island and back, instrumental approach and ILS-landing Using navigation radio and charts

1 hour ago, Ser said:

Is there any way to use Navaids data programatically? The idea is to bind in-game waypoint navigation to VOR/NDB by presenting waypoints to a pilot in the form "India-Delta-Zero-Six 135 DME 300" instead of stock blips and marks on the navball.

not now, but in the near (I hope) future something like that will be implemented

@alexustas I gave it a try and have some feedback.

1. Radio recovery seems to break something. KSC scene becomes unusable and the following is spammed in the log:

[EXC 08:54:12.836] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	FlightGlobals.get_ship_velocity ()
	FloatingOrigin.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 08:54:12.837] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	AmbienceControl.Update ()
[EXC 08:54:12.838] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Vessel.Update ()

Don't know, maybe another mod causes this but the fact is that it is connected to the radio recovery because after the normal recovery everything is ok.

2. I've tuned to IKW at 45 km distance and pushed "IDENT" but no morse code was audible. ADF and DME worked but the code became audible only at the very moment when the glide slope was intercepted at about 10 km. Is that intended?

3. On the page 4-2 of the chart (KKSC landing) there's a fix BAKOR (id SCE) marked as NDB with its own MW frequency. Base and final turn points of the circuit reference to SCE but I couldn't find a way to tune to that MW frequency as both NAV radios are VHF. How should that be done?

P.S. Sorry for breaking into your video at 13:00 :) I often wish that there was some magic button for the mode that automatically tells "Get lost, I'm recording" to all the other software.

Edited by Ser

5 hours ago, Ser said:

@alexustas I gave it a try and have some feedback.

1. Radio recovery seems to break something. KSC scene becomes unusable and the following is spammed in the log:

Don't know, maybe another mod causes this but the fact is that it is connected to the radio recovery because after the normal recovery everything is ok.

@alexustas, thanks, I'll try that.

Have you thought of the following: what if procedures from charts (approach, landing) were specified as cfg's? That would allow a great scalability, here is what I mean:
Flying around KSC is cool but there are plenty of custom runways that a player can add in his game.
1. Using the data from cfg's the charts could be generated procedurally. I doubt that anyone would be patient enough to force all those custom runway creators to draw proper charts and maintain them but having them procedurally generated we could have default charts even for the laziest ones.
2. Those data could be used by an ATC mod for vectoring, landing etc., thus we'd automatically had both charts and ATC services using the same data, and for every custom runway added.

Are you interested in that?

Edited by Ser

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.