[Closed] KSP Experimental Tester Applications! Thanks to all who applied!

Ted

Just submit it again.

Yupp, feel free to do that as I do search for duplicate entries and check for people half-submitting and redoing it etc.

Additionally, the applications will be closing at midnight tonight (UTC+1), so apply now if you're on the fence!

Yupp, feel free to do that as I do search for duplicate entries and check for people half-submitting and redoing it etc.

Additionally, the applications will be closing at midnight tonight (UTC+1), so apply now if you're on the fence!

You said midnight tonight, but it's only 7 pm EDT, and it seems to be closed.

LinuxguruGamer

Hey Ted, I'm young but I have a lot of experience with computers and KSP (bought it two years and 2 months ago), and I always wanted to help. But I'm wondering why you have to sign a NDA to test a game build? Probably some stupid response how minors 'are not responsible in any way' or something like that...

Eh, back to watching Red vs Blue on my vacation.

Damn, looks like I missed the opportunity by a mere couple of hours. Shame, I would have loved to submit an application. Think I'd be a pretty good experimental tester, I'm familiar with the bug tracker and have plenty of spare time. I've also done closed alpha testing for other games in the past. Ah well. :)

Edited by Kerano

Hey Ted, I'm young but I have a lot of experience with computers and KSP (bought it two years and 2 months ago), and I always wanted to help. But I'm wondering why you have to sign a NDA to test a game build? Probably some stupid response how minors 'are not responsible in any way' or something like that...

Eh, back to watching Red vs Blue on my vacation.

The NDA isn't just for young'uns, it's for all members of the Experimental and QA teams (And probably all official SQUAD staff too). It's to stop information being leaked unofficially, and is almost universally used for game testers, as well as people working on films, books, tv shows, etc...

He did say UTC-1. Not sure what time zone that is but I'm pretty sure it's not yours.

Well, he actually said UTC+1 which is the current timezone in the UK where he is based...

But, but...

In which countries ppl under 18y old have the right to play vidgames ?

Errr, what are you trying to say? I'm not aware of any countries where people under 18 years old don't have the right to play games. As far as I am aware, in most countries it is illegal to purchase age restricted games if you are under the specified age but it is still not illegal to play them...

You said midnight tonight, but it's only 7 pm EDT, and it seems to be closed.

Midnight isn't the same moment around the world, midnight UTC+1 is indeed 7PM EDT. For future reference :) I'm over in the UK and didn't fancy staying up till 12AM EDT to close the applications!

Damn, looks like I missed the opportunity by a mere couple of hours. Shame, I would have loved to submit an application. Think I'd be a pretty good experimental tester, I'm familiar with the bug tracker and have plenty of spare time. I've also done closed alpha testing for other games in the past. Ah well. :)

Please feel free to PM me if you'd still like to apply - a gradual deadline would be nicer than this strict cutoff, but I can't think of a simple way to do that.

That does go for everyone, if you'd still like to apply and have notable experience please PM me. Your application will be given equal and full consideration. :)

Hey I missed this, but I'm a QA leader at a "big game company" and I love and play KSP at home regularly, if you need help from an industry veteran with anything, hit me with a PM.

...i'm unemployed at the moment and playing the crap out of ksp... :_(

I know you are not quite saying so, but I don't think people will be payed for playtesting early builds of new Kerbal Space Program content.

But I don't know, I haven't participated in testing experimental builds of KSP before, but I'm just making doubts.