It seemed like a good idea at the time...

harby

Pushing an EVE probe out while I worked on a relief mission for Jeb's mission to Duna.

It didn't work. The window wasn't there, the calculator lied to me, and by the time I GOT there I didn't have enough dV for an insertion burn. 'Oh', I thought. 'I'll just aerobrake'.

Boom.

I once let MechJeb to land a STS-style mission at KSC...

3PVgYWv.png

(A long time ago, in a galaxy far far...)

MechJeb tried to land it like a rocket, but ran out of Delta-V some 80 meters above terrain. Only the B9 cockpit with insane durability survived.

Also, this:

GGviuZn.png

Need to get to the island? Have no jets? The Fail Boat is here just for you!

... Turned out to be a pain to get to the beach in one piece, and painfully slow once there (Unless, that is, you want to sink). In the long run, jets were simply better.

Edited by InterCity

Trying to kolonize the Mun with USI Kokonization and trying to drive my river to the Mun Arch nearby. It kept slipping off the crater edge, until I just gave up and sent more stuff there. I haven't done the surface docking yet, but I will regret trying to do it later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.