Sentar Expansion for Kopernicus

Borisbee

With the help of ThomasP, lead dev for Kopernicus, I would like to announce the long awaited Sentar Expansion.

We have recreated the original 9 planets from Krag's PlanetFactory. This is an early release as I do not consider it done and it still needs a lot of work, but I think it's ready to be play tested and seems stable enough. Many hours of work have gone into getting this where it is now and I hope someone can enjoy the end results.

REQUIRES KOPERNICUS

Download

• Sentar Expansion

Known Issues

No stars are added as I find them still to be buggy with Kopernicus

Ablate scaledspace doesn't exactly line up with PQS view. This is hard to get right due to limitations in the way flatten works

Probably lots of other small things

Future Goals

Add resources

Need to add science to all Planets

Need to add biomes to all Planets

License is GPL

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

I literally closed my KSP when I saw this.

Downloading now!

What does Joker currently orbit?

Also any plans for DDS conversion? Comet tail for Ascension? Krag's approval :sticktongue:?

I put Joker in a retro-grade orbit around the sun for the time being. I plan to move it to a moon of one of the other planets once I get them added in. As for DDS yea that's probably in the works. Comet tail is a no. I wanted to keep them as close as possible to the originals which is why I kept the ridiculous rotation of Inaccessible. That may need to be tweaked down slightly if no one finds it possible to actually land on it.

I put Joker in a retro-grade orbit around the sun for the time being. I plan to move it to a moon of one of the other planets once I get them added in. As for DDS yea that's probably in the works. Comet tail is a no. I wanted to keep them as close as possible to the originals which is why I kept the ridiculous rotation of Inaccessible. That may need to be tweaked down slightly if no one finds it possible to actually land on it.

If the rotation is the same as Krag's original Inaccessible, then landing is completely possible, but only at the poles. Or if you have KAS installed.

I would try to expand the star systems if I were you, I felt like they didn't have enough to be worth visiting. Inaccessable can totally be landed on, Scott Manley did it!

EDIT: Also is that a green atmo on Skelton?

Edited by _Augustus_

I've seen that issue before but not sure what causes it. It doesn't just happen with this mod though, other planet packs have had it happen as well. Also I think I know what the cause of no time warping on Inaccessible so maybe I can fix that later. Also I notice some scaled space issues not lining up correctly *sigh*

OMG I LOVE YOU! Thank you for putting this back into the game!

Will give rep.

If you have any questions ask me or my buddies.

I've missed this pack for too long, now the only thing that's truly left is to fix the Urania pack for Kopernicus...

xBCEIAw.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Erin has really fun bugs.

Here are the ones shown in the picture:

1. Things can't fly on Erin, they act like they are flying on Jool or Eve.

2. Spaceplanes roll into water if you physwarp

3. Nothing floats in the oceans for some reason.

Edited by _Augustus_

Ok I think I fixed the issues with time warp and scaled space not matching up for inaccessible. I'm going to wait to put out a fix for now as I'm pretty tired and been working on this pretty much all day and I want to fix a few more things before I update. Probably be tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

The non-floating issue happens on all Kopernicus ocean worlds as far as I know.

I tested on Erin and I got normal water but my altitude was 0. I guess I will need to go look at more spots in Erin to see if there are any spots of water above 0 altitude.

Gosh, I almost didn't see this thread. Nice job Borisbee! After all this time, the Krag's classic is still one of my personal favorite, so thanks for remaking it to Kopernicus. :D Guess I will do a little bit of nostalgia flight. :)

Gosh, I almost didn't see this thread. Nice job Borisbee! After all this time, the Krag's classic is still one of my personal favorite, so thanks for remaking it to Kopernicus. :D Guess I will do a little bit of nostalgia flight. :)

Thanks! Yea I always enjoyed Krag's planets because they seemed to fit in so well with the stock planets and when it comes to planets I prefer them to be stock alike. Ablate and Erin have given me the most trouble. Ablate due to it's scaled space issues, and Erin because it's hard to get the terrain correct.

Thanks! Yea I always enjoyed Krag's planets because they seemed to fit in so well with the stock planets and when it comes to planets I prefer them to be stock alike. Ablate and Erin have given me the most trouble. Ablate due to it's scaled space issues, and Erin because it's hard to get the terrain correct.
Ablate has always had scaledspace issues, since the original PF.

Working on Erin today, got the terrain fixed so that it no longer uses a VertexColorMap. Preview pic of the new scaledspace below

lOVZDw1.png

This should match the terrain exactly so no weird terrain differences as you fade in to the PQS view.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.