[1.8-1.9] Talisar Parts v1.3.0

taniwha

Taniwha, I was going thru my KSP.log to see if I could clean up some stuff, and came across a warning entry for Talisar Parts:

[LOG 14:22:59.987] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'TalisarParts/Parts/FuelTank/Toroidal/Configs/TAL_Toroidal_Tank_Large_Fuel/TAL.Toroidal.Tank.Large.Fuel'

[WRN 14:22:59.997] Part already contains resource 'LiquidFuel'

[WRN 14:22:59.997] Part already contains resource 'Oxidizer'

I took a look at the .cfg, and it DOES have multiple listings:

RESOURCE

{

name = LiquidFuel

amount = 1158

maxAmount = 1158

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxidizer

amount = 1415

maxAmount = 1415

}

// Tank Volume (internal) = 15.1932 cubic meters

// For details, see:

// http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/30673?p=1131493&viewfull=1#post1131493

// and http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/30673?p=903556&viewfull=1#post903556

// This makes for an internal volume of 3038.64 standardized resource units

// (ie, 200u/m3)

RESOURCE {

name = LiquidFuel

amount = 1367.388

maxAmount = 1367.388

}

RESOURCE {

name = Oxidizer

amount = 1671.252

maxAmount = 1671.252

}

I dont know much about modifying .cfgs, so i dont know if that is correct or not...If not, maybe the change just got missed for this part when you & Tal redid the math for the tank volumes?

Oh, this is ver. 1.0.0, run on KSP Linux 64bit...

And Thanx for taking over & keeping these mods going...I've always liked them...

Edited by Stone Blue

That's definitely not right. Thank you, I'll look into which set of numbers is correct (looks like the latter).

[edit]I've removed the redundant entries and pushed the change to github. I'll do a release when I've got more time.

Edited by taniwha

• 5 weeks later...

I just installed this mod after someone on the forum pointed it out to me. Great work!!!!

Will you support tweakscale in the future as well as other fuel types like MP, Xenon, Argon etc? Is there any way to mod these into the parts myself as I only see listings for LF/Ox in the cfg but do get more choices with LiqHydr etc.

• 3 months later...

@taniwha I really have to say thank you for reviving this mod. I have used Talisar's cargo system extensively in the past for MKS base module delivery. Never used the tanks but free tanks are always good! Just coming back to KSP after a year long break and I'm a bit at lost with all the new mods;Happy to see it alive :)

Edited by merlinux

• 1 month later...

WooHoo!!... It looks like this update also worx in 1.0.5... I havent play tested it yet, but the parts load and connect properly in the editor.

Thanx for fixing the nodes on the cargo parts... :)

One thing I'm not sure of, tho... On the toroidal and toroidal base parts: do you use just one hub part, then the toroidal tank, then ANOTHER hub part, (to make like a "sandwich", or do you just need one hub part?)... I ask, because if you sandwich them using hub-tank-hub, you seem to get overlap & z-fighting between the hub parts...
A minor issue to be sure...

Anyway, again THANK YOU, taniwha, for this... :D

Edited by Stone Blue

Just the one hub. If you're getting overlap with tanks on either side, I think one of the tanks is catching the internal node.

And yeah, other than the use of MFT, this is just a simple parts mod and should work for 1.0.5 as well.

Thank you so much for maintaining this mod. :)

EDIT: Also you may want to update your post on the original thread. It seems when they changed to the new forums is broke the link to this thread. Makes it hard to backtrack again.

Edited by ExavierMacbeth

• 1 month later...

Thanks for keeping these parts alive.

Just a heads-up: the Radial Experiment Storage Container wasn't showing up for me in career mode. I checked the config, and it had "scienceTech" listed as the required tech. I don't think that's valid anymore. I changed it to "basicScience" and it works fine now.

--edit: just realised Science Tech is a valid node. It's just higher up the tree than I thought - in level 7. Was this part always locked until that late? I seem to recall getting it much earlier in the past.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

Looks like it was in scienceTech since before I started looking after it. It does seem a little late in the game, but I'm not sure if basicScience is too early or not (for one, I'm not sure where it is as I don't have the tree memorized).

Basic Science is level 4 - the same as Aviation, Advanced Rocketry and Flight Control.

At least in my current career with KCT, it's right around the time I upgrade the astronaut complex so I can do EVAs in space, so that seems about right, at least for me in this save.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.