[1.8-1.9] Talisar Parts v1.3.0

taniwha

As Talisar seems to have disappeared from the community, and he very kindly licensed his work under a suitable licence (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported Licens), I have taken the liberty of putting his Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack onto github updated for KSP 1.0. I have since received patches for various improvements, and also the addition of his Cargo Transportation Solutions. I figured it was time to make a proper support thread.

Download: Talisar Parts v1.3.0

Source; github

Changes (mostly for spherical/toroildal tanks, but more or less applies to all) from Talisar's releases:

v1.3.0

• Update for KSP 1.8

v1.2.1 (the "missed Olympic1's PR" release)

• All parts have more stock-alike tolerances.
  • Fairings now use stock variants.
  • Separators can get test contracts.

v1.2.0

• Spanish updates (Fitiales).
  • Update to KSP 1.4: use part variants for the texture switching (no more FireSpitter dependency).

v1.1.0

Spoiler
  • All work by Olympic1 (many thanks). All I did was some housekeeping.
  • Localization (not translated yet).
  • Category filter.

v1.0.2

Spoiler
  • All work by Olympic1 (many thanks)
  • Update for KSP 1.2
  • Remove some redundant resource entries.
  • Category reorganization.
  • Crossfeed fixes.
  • Separators now decouple.
  • Docking ports dock only with each other.
  • SAS removed from the command pod.
  • Cargo Solution updates.
  • Radial storage container updates.
  • Use stock lights, removing FireSpitter dependency.
  • Structural Truss updates.
  • Spherical / Toroidal tank updates.
  • GameData cleanup.

v1.0.1:

Spoiler
  • Correct Ore's entry and add EL's MetalOre.
  • Correct duplicate bottom nodes on the hubs.
  • Remove some redundant resource entries.
  • Tested in 1.1

v1.0.0:

Spoiler
  • Updates and cost rebalancing for KSP 1.0.
  • Part scaling fixed.
  • Node directions fixed.
  • Textures converted to dds.
  • GameData directory changed from ModsByTal to TalisarParts.
  • Improved mass ratios for spherical tanks: 17:1 vs 137:9 (15.22..) (fuel capacity increased after yet another recalculation)
  • Utility tanks removed: now only one set of tanks using MFT's multiple tank type feature.
  • Directory tree cleaned up a little.
  • Tank placement in the stock tech tree tweaked to make more sense (tanks with other tanks, the largest tanks in highPerformanceFuelSystems)

Screenshots taken from the original threads. (due to imgur + forum album breaking, just links for now)

Contents

Toroidal Tanks

Spherical Tanks

Cargo Transport Solutions

Many thanks to Kerbas ad astra, Olympic1, and RealGrep (github name, Addle on IRC) for their help.

Edited by taniwha

Thank you for doing this. The cargo parts were essential to my last save's MKS/OKS shipping solution. It will be nice to have them back.

No problem, I used them too for transporting UKS modules. I kept the updated files for myself untill I found out that taniwha was updating the other mods, so I made a PR.

I have gotten around to doing up a proper release.

Hi taniwha, I believe your fuel tanks pack is the best place to add a tank type suggested in this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129568-Wraparound-Fuel-Tanks

I could make both model and textures, or help you with any of those. Would you kindly include this type in your pack?

Enceos: the idea looks interesting, but is rather outside the intended scope of this pack. It is intended to be a maintenance version of the parts made by Talisar (originally, it was just his spherical tanks because that is what I used).

At this stage, I'm not sure it would be appropriate to add other people's work.

• 3 weeks later...
There are only 2 cargo bays, a medium (2m) bay and a large (3m) bay

I think I see the confusion. In the VAB there is a "TAL Cargo Bay" and a "TAL Large Cargo Bay" but in the config files I see a medium and large bay. It was late when I saw that and I must have assumed the one without a size in it's name was a small version.

My craft files built with an older version of TAL are reporting "TALMediumCargoBay" is missing. I see the part name of the medium bay config file to be "TAL_Medium_Cargo_Bay".

The part name must have changed so I'll go change the name of the part in my craft file which should solve this...

Cheers,

Bryan

I think I see the confusion. In the VAB there is a "TAL Cargo Bay" and a "TAL Large Cargo Bay" but in the config files I see a medium and large bay. It was late when I saw that and I must have assumed the one without a size in it's name was a small version.

My craft files built with an older version of TAL are reporting "TALMediumCargoBay" is missing. I see the part name of the medium bay config file to be "TAL_Medium_Cargo_Bay".

The part name must have changed so I'll go change the name of the part in my craft file which should solve this...

Cheers,

Bryan

Yea, the partnames were changed with the update

Vahal: rest assured, it is there. I just checked in sandbox mode (due to some experimental mod code, I'm not willing to load my career save right now) and it is there in the science tab. The config file has "TechRequired = scienceTech", so it should be in the tree. If not, please let me know.

Hi all,

On my install the Separator Rings and Plates don't have the ability to separate. I don't an option to decouple when I right click, nothing in the staging etc.

Am I missing something?

The seperator rings and plates are an aesthetical part that is used for seperating your payloads (like putting a wall between them). They do not work like the stock separators.

There are docking rings in the mod that do work like the stock parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.