Stock Community Base 3.0

Stock Community Bases 3.0

Welcome to the community base thread for stock craft!The previous version only had Mun bases, but with the addition of Minmus and aircraft engines, it makes sense to have bases on all three landable bodies. I expect us to lose the occasional ship to the terrain tearing issue on Minmus, but we\'ll take that risk I guess.

I\'ve made a few changes to the rules to try and make things more fun and limit the delays between turns, please take a look at them and make sure you\'re clear on them. I think it will help overall, but please suggest changes if there\'s anything that would be fairer without being a nightmare to keep track of!

sal_vager - StarSpark II SSTO - Abandoned Launch Facility(1) - Kerbin

sjwt - Star01 - Targuete(1) - Mun

trbinsc - Minimus - Eceron Station(1)

Apotheosist - Mun - Targuete(2)

basbr - Mun - Targuete(3)

khyron42 - Mun - Targuete(4)

sal_vager - Minimus - Eceron Station(2)

Newt0570 - Minimus - Eceron Station(3)

Salda007 - Minimus - Eceron Station(4)

Apotheosist - Minimus - Eceron Station(5)

khyron42 - Kerbin - Abandoned Launch Facility(2)

Tim_Barrett - Minimus - Eceron Station(6)

Salda007 - Abandoned Launch Facility(3)

zekes - Abandoned Launch Facility(4)

In Progress:

Apotheosist - not chosen yet..

*new bases accepted at Kerbin Mun Minimus

Upcoming Flights:

Stogas - Minimus - Eceron Station(6)

Nutt007 - Mun - Targuete(5)

Salda007 - Mun - not chosen yet

If you are defining a new landing site on your turn, after landing I recommend that you submit it as a place name to the Kerbin Geographic Society thread over in General Discussion.

1. All flights must be flown with the latest KSP build, Presently KSP 0.15, no mods

2. All flights must be requested in advance, to be added to the upcoming flight List. You need to specify additional details:

- If you plan to add to a craft one of the existing bases, specify which base your flight is planned for.

- If there is no base yet on your target planet/moon, or if the existing base already has at least 5 craft landed there, you can specify 'new <planet/moon> base.' Land at a location of your choice, and provide the name for the new base when you post your save. Exceptions to the 5 craft rule can be made if a landing site is too hard or too laggy before there 5 craft there.

- Instead of launching a new craft you can plan to move one of your existing ones from one base to another. Specify '<base name> to <base name> transfer' on your flight request.

3. I\'ll send you a PM and post in the thread when it\'s your turn to go. If you see that the person before you in the queue has posted their save file and I haven\'t gotten the notice out to you yet, definitely go ahead and start your mission!

4. At the end of your flight please post your persistent.sfs file as well a picture of the base.

5. If you do not post a file within 48 hours, you get bumped down one spot on the list. If you do this twice, you are removed from the list and must request a new entry.

6. If you screw up, you can try again in the same turn, but cannot get an extension on the 48 hours. If you\'re unable to fly and notify me ahead of the 48 hours it will help keep things moving along for everyone else, but rule 5\'s 'two reschedules deletes you from the list' will still apply.

8. Have Fun!

I\'d like to request a slot for the Stock base please swjt :)

I\'d like to land an aircraft at the 2nd space center.

Done, first up, start a new persistence file and go!

I shall request the second slot!

I have landed!

Okay I broke off an elevator while taxiing into position but the crew are safe, with some fuel left to reposition the craft on the ground should it be necessary.

The only thing left is to decide what to call this base I suppose, it\'s distant, mysterious and abandoned but I don\'t think I have the right to name this place.

Maybe we should just call it 'Abandoned Launch Facility' ?, there is no runway any more and it is severely overgrown so any pilots following me here need to take care when landing.

Here is the screenshot.

LyblT.jpg

Updated StarSpark II for 0.15.1

I have landed!

Okay I broke off an elevator while taxiing into position but the crew are safe, with some fuel left to reposition the craft on the ground should it be necessary.

The only thing left is to decide what to call this base I suppose, it\'s distant, mysterious and abandoned but I don\'t think I have the right to name this place.

Maybe we should just call it 'Abandoned Launch Facility' ?, there is no runway any more and it is severely overgrown so any pilots following me here need to take care when landing.

Here is the screenshot.

LyblT.jpg

I am also uploading the craft, I moved the RCS thrusters a little.

wait!

is that a SECOND ksp?

were is that!

Requesting a slot. i woud like to add a craft to the mun base of the last post

(by the way can you launch more then one craft per turn?)

ifso i woud like to add a craft to the 'Abandoned Launch Facility' base

gr basbr

Thanks for kicking us off sal_vager!

I have added the following,

trbinsc - Minimus

Apotheosist - Mun

basbr

greghorst - Minimus

khyron42 - Mun

sal_vager - Minimus

You are not locked into your requested flight if you have issues, its to get a bit of order into the flighs, but it is currently only one craft per turn.

I\'m heading off to work now, so will start mine when I get back!

Hey, I would like to announce a successful landing of SKRAM\'s Base \'Star01\' at what shall now be known as Muner base Targuete, from the middle French origin of target, as in bulls eye!

This is located on the trailing edge of the Mun, right on the line of the orbit, nice and easy to find and land at.

I shall make a nicer post later about that, quite a story to make up!

trbinsc you are up next, as you will be setting up the first base on Minimus, don\'t forget to name it.

Alright, I\'ll get on it, but I\'m at school so I may take a while.

Edit: Should I use 0.15 or 0.15.1?

If you only have 0.15 use it, if you have 0.15.1 use that :)

one we goto 0.15.1 we cant go back :)

May I ask where the abandoned launch facility is? I may ask for a spot once I figure out how to get there.

If you download the perstiance file, you will see sal_vager\'s ship their!

I haven\'t been to it before, so I have not got much of an idea.

I\'d like to run a supply mission using my 'Quadra-lol' spaceship to land on mun, decouple, then land on minmus.

The part staying on the mun will have 4 fuel tanks, ASAS, RCS fuel, and landing legs. The minmus vessel will simply be a CM, fuel, engine, and landing legs.

...but while I\'m here, one Q.

when orbiting the mun at around 50km, what is the best way to get to orbiting at 46Mm around kerbin?

should I leave the mun propograde(sp?) to it\'s orbital v, going straight out toward the 46Mm orbit.

Or should I go retrograde to mun\'s orbit, passing close by kerbin to slingshot out toward the 46Mm orbit.

which one would be easier, and which would be more fuel efficient?

I\'d like to run a supply mission using my 'Quadra-lol' spaceship to land on mun, decouple, then land on minmus.

The part staying on the mun will have 4 fuel tanks, ASAS, RCS fuel, and landing legs. The minmus vessel will simply be a CM, fuel, engine, and landing legs.

...but while I\'m here, one Q.

when orbiting the mun at around 50km, what is the best way to get to orbiting at 46Mm around kerbin?

should I leave the mun propograde(sp?) to it\'s orbital v, going straight out toward the 46Mm orbit.

Or should I go retrograde to mun\'s orbit, passing close by kerbin to slingshot out toward the 46Mm orbit.

which one would be easier, and which would be more fuel efficient?

Sorry, can\'t answer your question, but have added you to the list, I guess you can make as many stops as you want, so long as its one flight with one ship..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.