LiquidHype's Real Scale Launch Vehicles (RETIRED)

liquidhype

Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?

• Titan IV (A & B)
    • Ariane 4 (All configurations)
    • ULA Vulcan
    • Other (specify in the comments)

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Delta_8930 said:

Welcome back! 

Is RSS/RO requires for some rockets? I tried to launch a vega but the first stage burned out after 22 seconds in stock KSP. IIRC it's supposed to burn for 2 minutes 

When the next update hits, which probably won't be until KSP 1.1 it out, then all launch vehicles in this mod will require RSS/RO. I won't bother with "stockifying" them.

As of now, the mod is not downloadable (though the old outdated version might still be up on KerbalStuff). Last time I updated the mod, all launch vehicles had enough deltaV to get the proper sized payloads into orbit in both Stock KSP and in RSS. Each of the stages had their burntimes set to real world burntimes and stock 64% burntime respectively. If Vega's first stage only burned for 22 second, I don't know happened. I checked everything before I release the update a few months back.

In any case, each launch vehicle and its stages should all be configured properly as far as I can rememeber. I strongly recommend not downloading this mod in its current state unless you've got Realism Overhaul installed. To be honest, waiting for the next update would be the smart thing to do.

3 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

Was the ATV ever finished ?

Yes, the ATV was finished a long time ago. It was not released because I did not release Ariane 5. Ariane 5 and all of it's configurations are ready to be released, but I want to re-do the textures on all launch vehicles, and that can only happen once us modders get our hands on the new shaders from the 1.1 partTools. So until then, ATV and everything else will have to wait.

42 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

When the next update hits, which probably won't be until KSP 1.1 it out, then all launch vehicles in this mod will require RSS/RO. I won't bother with "stockifying" them.

As of now, the mod is not downloadable (though the old outdated version might still be up on KerbalStuff). Last time I updated the mod, all launch vehicles had enough deltaV to get the proper sized payloads into orbit in both Stock KSP and in RSS. Each of the stages had their burntimes set to real world burntimes and stock 64% burntime respectively. If Vega's first stage only burned for 22 second, I don't know happened. I checked everything before I release the update a few months back.

In any case, each launch vehicle and its stages should all be configured properly as far as I can rememeber. I strongly recommend not downloading this mod in its current state unless you've got Realism Overhaul installed. To be honest, waiting for the next update would be the smart thing to do.

Yes, the ATV was finished a long time ago. It was not released because I did not release Ariane 5. Ariane 5 and all of it's configurations are ready to be released, but I want to re-do the textures on all launch vehicles, and that can only happen once us modders get our hands on the new shaders from the 1.1 partTools. So until then, ATV and everything else will have to wait.

Well,but Im afraid 1.1 wont be that soon so is there any chance u can release a test version of Arine5&ATV?

21 minutes ago, mark7 said:

Well,but Im afraid 1.1 wont be that soon so is there any chance u can release a test version of Arine5&ATV?

1.1 not getting released any time soon is exactly why that is my self-set deadline, so to speak. I have been away for a few months now and need to get back into things. Check and re-check that everything is working properly. And I don't want a bunch of test versions of different launch vehicles floating around, as that is only going to result in people reporting incompability issues with different mods. Also if 1 or 2 people get test versions, then all of a sudden everyone wants a test version and I can be bothered dealing with having test versions on the lose.

2 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

1.1 not getting released any time soon is exactly why that is my self-set deadline, so to speak. I have been away for a few months now and need to get back into things. Check and re-check that everything is working properly. And I don't want a bunch of test versions of different launch vehicles floating around, as that is only going to result in people reporting incompability issues with different mods. Also if 1 or 2 people get test versions, then all of a sudden everyone wants a test version and I can be bothered dealing with having test versions on the lose.

All right,  I get it.

Then we have to wait a couple weeks(or months Orz)……Anyway, Im SO looking forward ur next update, as always. And I wish u good luck!

25 minutes ago, mark7 said:

All right,  I get it.

Then we have to wait a couple weeks(or months Orz)……Anyway, Im SO looking forward ur next update, as always. And I wish u good luck!

I'll be looking for testers once it gets close to release, so I'll keep you in mind for that :)

Anyways, thank you for that! I'll need it, as I'm currently working on Titan IVA/IVB, the entire Angara family, Soyuz ST, SeaLaunch and Vulcan. So I'll take all the good luck I can get.

1 hour ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Hey liquid! It's been a while! Good luck on Vulcan, they seem to change the paint job every couple of weeks! (Also, maybe add in the SMART reuse? I'd love to test it against RTLS)

Vulcan is already done. I'll post some pictures of everything that is going on (soyuz ST, Angara Family, Titan IV, etc) with this mod when I get some time. I started working on a inflatible supersonic decelerator type thing for the enigne section, but I got side-tracked by other things :P 

35 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Ahh!!! Welcome back, LiquidHype! I hope real life treated you well!

Thank you very much! Good to be back :)

I was thinking you was dead and your mother asked to close the thread!

It could be great to be noticied why the next time, or i will call the police!

Nice, that you are back ! :D

Here is an other artist view of the maybe future ariane 6 published the 7 december 2015:

Artist_s_view_of_the_two_configurations_

http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Launchers/Launch_vehicles/Ariane_6

Edited by Skalou

1 hour ago, Skalou said:

I was thinking you was dead and your mother asked to close the thread!

It could be great to be noticied why the next time, or i will call the police!

Nice, that you are back ! :D

Here is an other artist view of the maybe future ariane 6 published the 7 december 2015:

Artist_s_view_of_the_two_configurations_

http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Launchers/Launch_vehicles/Ariane_6

you do know that there are easier ways to get the info than to worry.  I took time to speak to one of her friends, Tristonwilson and he told me the whole story.

7 hours ago, Delta_8930 said:

Looks like they shrunk the first stage and made longer and slanted nose cones for the boosters.

Yes. I've known about it for a while, and have it fully modeled. But as it is just yet another artists impression of what it might look like, I won't bother including it in the mod. At least not until we have some more concrete information.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.