LiquidHype's Real Scale Launch Vehicles (RETIRED)

liquidhype

Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?

• Titan IV (A & B)
    • Ariane 4 (All configurations)
    • ULA Vulcan
    • Other (specify in the comments)

• 1 month later...

Final render of Titan 403B. All the fairings, payload adapters and upper stages are all also modeled, textured and in the game at this point. I'll get some renders of those up as well once I have some more spare time.

7E8ih11.png

4 minutes ago, popeter45 said:

that looks great!

love the texturing

Thanks, appreciate it :) Yea I spent quite some time on deciding how to go about texturing the core tank, and I'm quite happy with how it came out. I got it to look as realisic as is possible with the current KSP shaders. I'll go over the textures once more and make them look even more realistic once KSP 1.2 hits and we get fully use PBR shaders.

44 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

Thanks, appreciate it :) Yea I spent quite some time on deciding how to go about texturing the core tank, and I'm quite happy with how it came out. I got it to look as realisic as is possible with the current KSP shaders. I'll go over the textures once more and make them look even more realistic once KSP 1.2 hits and we get fully use PBR shaders.

oh snap I forgot we all have to set those up...

1 hour ago, _Krieger_ said:

Are those going to be RSS only or there will be stock balanced patches down the line?

I will not provide any stock support, simply because modeling, texturing, Unity and configuring all of these launch vehicles takes up too much of my time as it is.. My focus will solely be on RSS/RealFuels compability and RSS/RO compability. However, if anyone does rebalance any of the launch vehicle packs for the stock solar system (or any of the 3.2x, 6.4x sclaes), I'll will of course gladly add those files as separate downloads. :) 

37 minutes ago, popeter45 said:

liquidhype do you think i could have a wack at making some stock configs?

If you mean "have a wack" as in you want to try to do it, then no. If you mean "have a wack" as in you know how to do it and you want to do it, then yes :) I would prefer someone who knows how to do it and have done it before, rather than someone attempting to do it for the first time.

2 hours ago, heliobyte said:

Hey @liquidhype I had an absolute blast running the Vulcan pack through it's testing phase. I'll PM you a couple of minor things I've found and then I'll move on to Titan IV, and Ariane 5 and 6. I'll leave you and the peeps with some nice screenshots I took during a Vulcan 441 max payload test run.

3XoNzGt.png

bzPifa4.png

Sweet! I appreciate the help good sir. Glad you managed to have some fun whilst testing things. Btw, I saw Tory Bruno responded to your tweet regarding these images. Cool stuff my man, cool stuff.

Also, I'll get the bugs you reported sorted out and send you a new test download.

EDIT: On a sidenote, I found it funny that you chose to use the AJ60s and not the GEM63XLs :P

Edited by liquidhype

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

I find it funny that all the ULA images I've seen use AJ60s :P

I guess it is a mix between  how ULA first introduced Vulcan and people liking the look of the AJ60s more. I've been using the Vulcan a bunch the last couple of day for testing purposes, and I must say I am on #TeamAJ60 as well :P Vulcan looks really "clunky" with 6 GEM63XLs.

But with that said, the 3.81m core Vulcan looks pretty cool with a couple of GEM63XLs strapped to it. And yes, Vulcan is going to have 3.81m core if it ever flies with the AR-1 engine because of the dense RP1 fuel. The methaLOX core will initially be a 5m core, but expanded to a 5.4m core once they start flying ACES, as ACES is going to be a 212 inch diameter upper stage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.