LiquidHype's Real Scale Launch Vehicles (RETIRED)

liquidhype

Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?

• Titan IV (A & B)
    • Ariane 4 (All configurations)
    • ULA Vulcan
    • Other (specify in the comments)

Well I'm not making any of the Zenit launch vehicles, so I really don't need to add Zenit-launched Fregats (SB & SBU) to Soyuz. I was originally planning on making one of the Zenit LVs, more specifically Zenit-3SL (SeaLaunch), but with Kerbal Konstructs and KerbinSide being out of comission I dropped Zenit. I really only wanted Zenit-3SL because of Ocean Odyssey. I wanted to place the converted oilrig on the equator in RSS in order to have a permanent launchpad there. 

If KS and KK ever comes back to life (and not in a community fix kind of way), I might revive Zenit, and then I will of course make SB and SBU. Maybe even Fregat-2 if I can find a proper use for it.

48 minutes ago, pat8996 said:

I would like to see a Delta IV/Heavy and Delta II

Hide contents

i accidenltly put this in

Delta II is broken in 1.0.5 due to collider issues. I think Kart is also working on a D4H, and he mentioned that both D4H and D2 will be added into the KSP 1.1 version.

In the meantime, you can check out Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems for a "monkey" replica of the Delta IV heavy. 

22 hours ago, liquidhype said:

I appreciate the video, but I already have the new Ariane 6 concept modeled. It just needs textures. I'm currently busy finishing up the ESA variant of Soyuz (as seen here).

That's what i hoped, and maybe there is some details that worth it even if it's just an other artist point of view, anyway it's a nice video and i thought about you directly (like every night :P ) !

Nice modelling, hope the best for this mod! and can't wait to try one of this rocket...

9 minutes ago, Skalou said:

That's what i hoped, and maybe there is some details that worth it even if it's just an other artist point of view, anyway it's a nice video and i thought about you directly (like every night :P ) !

Nice modelling, hope the best for this mod! and can't wait to try one of this rocket...

The video is actually pretty useful, specifically for the bottom part of the core stage. I got a hold of 2 really high-res images (6634x10157px)  from ESA of the new concept art for Ariane 6 A62 and A64, but even those giant images didn't really show what the bottom is supposed to look like. So thanks to you I don't need to improvise, I can just look at the video and replicate that instead :)

Luckily I already have some pretty good Ariane 6 textures made from my previous versions of it. I think it will end up looking really good once I finish texturing it.

Somehow I doubt that the Delta II on Sketchfab is for KSP. Liquidhype has said in the past that there is no point having multiple people working on the same rockets, so with Kartoffelkuchen already having a Delta II, and re-vamping it as we speak, I have my doubts. Delta II is also not on the "rockets in development"-list in the OP. I am however looking forward to Vulcan and Soyuz :)

You are not being stupid my friend :) The download links were removed after KSP 1.0.5 because of collider issues. I have not updated the mod for KSP 1.0.5 because I choose to re-model old launch vehicles and make a bunch of new ones instead.

4 hours ago, liquidhype said:

You are not being stupid my friend :) The download links were removed after KSP 1.0.5 because of collider issues. I have not updated the mod for KSP 1.0.5 because I choose to re-model old launch vehicles and make a bunch of new ones instead.

Ah, that makes sense. Are you going to wait until 1.1 to thoroughly update everything? From what the devs are saying, we could be less than a month away from release.

Edited by KerbonautInTraining

4 minutes ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

Ah, that makes sense. Are you going to wait until 1.1 to thoroughly update everything? From what the devs are saying, we could be less than a month away from release.

Yes, that is the plan. However, a lot of the launch vehicles are up and running in 1.0.5, such as Ariane 5, Vega, Delta III and Titan IV, but with 1.1 being just around the corner (fingers crossed) I might as well spend the extra time to finish the rest of the launch vehicles and release everything in one go.

6 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

Yes, that is the plan. However, a lot of the launch vehicles are up and running in 1.0.5, such as Ariane 5, Vega, Delta III and Titan IV, but with 1.1 being just around the corner (fingers crossed) I might as well spend the extra time to finish the rest of the launch vehicles and release everything in one go.

Man, I'm so excited for the Ariane 5... are you sure we can't have a dev release of sorts? :P

Kidding of course! Take your time.

On 7/27/2015 at 9:43 PM, liquidhype said:

I started working on Vulcan but stopped because it is basically just an Atlas V with a fancy paintjob, and there are already quite a few properly sized Atlas Vs and stockalike Atlas Vs out there. But hey, if it's something people want, sure why not.

As for Energia, can you be more specific? Energia + Buran? There were alot of consepts in the works for the Energia lifter.

- - - Updated - - -

I still use the SpaceX pack in my RSS install. You just need to flip some nodes and add a few lines here and there in the config files and it works just fine. If I am going to be making any launchers, it would have to be something "original" in terms of launchers that do not already exsist as a parts pack.

I'm unsure if the developer of the SpaceX mod is still active or of he/she is gone. Surely someone can make a quick patch for it to work in 1.0.4.

The Vulcan is a 5m Atlas V and Delta IV the design is based on the Atlas V but scaled to be the  size of the Delta IV, but other than the air frame, everything is different, fuel for propulsion, max payload weight to orbit. i say you put 2 textures and sizes for an Atlas V first stage (atlas V, Vulcan) to save parts and add engines (Vulcan can have 1, 2, 3, or 4 engines) and an RD-180. For the farrings and adapters I would do the same thing, 2 textures and 2 sizes.  The only 2 things that you need to do with 2 parts instead of 1 is the upper stage.  The Atlas V booster uses a centaur upper stage with 1 or 2 RL-10's.  The Vulcan is proposed to use the Centaur and a new upper stage called Aces later on.

11 minutes ago, Rolacume said:

The Vulcan is a 5m Atlas V and Delta IV the design is based on the Atlas V but scaled to be the  size of the Delta IV, but other than the air frame, everything is different, fuel for propulsion, max payload weight to orbit. i say you put 2 textures and sizes for an Atlas V first stage (atlas V, Vulcan) to save parts and add engines (Vulcan can have 1, 2, 3, or 4 engines) and an RD-180. For the farrings and adapters I would do the same thing, 2 textures and 2 sizes.  The only 2 things that you need to do with 2 parts instead of 1 is the upper stage.  The Atlas V booster uses a centaur upper stage with 1 or 2 RL-10's.  The Vulcan is proposed to use the Centaur and a new upper stage called Aces later on.

You're kind of late to the party with your quote there, but thank you for showing interest.

You don't need to explain to me how Vulcan is going to work. I'm fairly sure I know more about Vulcan than most people on here, seeing as I have already made any and all parts associated with it and the fact that I've been in direct contact with ULA during the development process. If you are curious, you take a look at it untextured here.

Edited by liquidhype

Just now, KerbonautInTraining said:

I know KSP mod makers are devoted to their work, but holy crap dude.

Well I didn't just call up ULA and say "yo I'm developing a Vulcan mod for KSP, help me out". It's a bit more complicated than that. Though it would be nice to have ULA on speed dial :)

Just now, liquidhype said:

Well I didn't just call up ULA and say "yo I'm developing a Vulcan mod for KSP, help me out". It's a bit more complicated than that. Though it would be nice to have ULA on speed dial :)

That's what I'm saying. I can't imagine what you had to go through to get in touch with them, just so your mod would be a bit closer to reality. It's attention to detail like that that amazes me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for asking, but is this mod dead? I see there are a few work in progress models on Sketchfab but other than that there doesnt seem to be much activity going on :( By the looks of it this mod has some of the best looking launch vehicles ever. Sad to not see it come to life.

4 minutes ago, fairy said:

Sorry for asking, but is this mod dead? I see there are a few work in progress models on Sketchfab but other than that there doesnt seem to be much activity going on :( By the looks of it this mod has some of the best looking launch vehicles ever. Sad to not see it come to life.

On 2/13/2016 at 9:41 PM, liquidhype said:

but with 1.1 being just around the corner (fingers crossed) I might as well spend the extra time to finish the rest of the launch vehicles and release everything in one go.

It's definitely not dead. Just sleeping.

It's alarm clock is set to go off Soon(TM)

Edited by KerbonautInTraining

• 1 month later...
On 9.4.2016 at 8:58 PM, AlmostNASA said:

Is there A Delta II?

No, but Necrobones is working on one for one of his mods. Also there is Kartoffelkuchens mod, but it has not been updated yet I believe. Hopefully this mod will be released when 1.1 is officially hits. It has been quiet for quite a while now so im getting worried. I'm not a big fan of anything stockalike, so crossing my fingers for this and other real scale and accurate mods being available after 1.1 is officially a thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.