LiquidHype's Real Scale Launch Vehicles (RETIRED)

liquidhype

Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?

• Titan IV (A & B)
    • Ariane 4 (All configurations)
    • ULA Vulcan
    • Other (specify in the comments)

Ok, without ETC it works.

When can we download the Ariane 6? And do you plan a Ariane 5? That would be nice because there are only Stockalike-Arianes.

I'll see if I can't release Ariane 6 today. I was thinking about making Ariane 5, but I am currently working on another new launcher. 10 points to who ever knows which one it is :)

AKTWEKD.png

Edited by liquidhype

Looks like a Delta 2 launcher and can't wait to see your Vulcan unless that's what your showing would need to see a closer pic of the engine and, I too would like to see the Ariane 5 :)

It is a Delta, but not Delta II :D Vulcan is under way, still need to make a couple of models, then texture and write configs for the individual parts. Vulcan is most likely next in line after this Delta launcher.

Delta III of course! I was going to make one for Launchers Pack, I have ~75% of all the parts needed, but if you are already making one, why need two?

Looks great anyway!

Oh man, and here I was thinking I was making a launcher that was not already in the works xD Seeing as you already have the Delta II launchers in the launchers pack and are 75% done with Delta III, I'm not gonna step on your toes so to speak. I'll just make the Delta III for my personal use, and you can go ahead and include yours in your pack.

I can just go ahead and finish up Vulcan instead. No biggie ^^

Nonono, I didn't want to force you to not release this! Someone "concurrenting" is great! I just wanted to note that on the side! :P Release whatever you want, only because I am also working on one (though it will still take its time until release) it mustn't say that you can't release your own! :D

I can't wait for your Vulcan though!

Nonono, I didn't want to force you to not release this! Someone "concurrenting" is great! I just wanted to note that on the side! :P Release whatever you want, only because I am also working on one (though it will still take its time until release) it mustn't say that you can't release your own! :D

I can't wait for your Vulcan though!

Oh ok good, I didn't want to offend anyone ^^ I've seen a couple of times where people get a bit upset when two modders are working on the same thing. I'll just release Delta III by itself in this pack (seeing as it doesn't fall under any specific category like the other Ariane/ESA launchers). Looks like people are most excited about Vulcan, so I might have to add that one first :P

Any chance to that you might make a Soyuz FG ? As the ones that are out are not being maintained any more ?

I think Raidernick's soviet launchers, probes and solar panels are still being maintained within his Github. I am personally using most of his stuff in my RSSRO install, and I also regularly see streamers on Twitch who use his launchers.

Try going here and check out his stuff :)

Very cool! I probably won't use it very often, as I enjoy researching launch vehicles and "stick building" them myself using procedural parts, but I can see this being very useful to those who lack the time and /or OCD to do that themselves.

Nice!

What is the ETC mod do you speak about guys, do i miss something?

for the ariane5 and other ESA stuffs there is this mod:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/12106-0-23-5-Lionhead-Aerospace-Inc-Probes-and-Landers-Pack-updated

but unfortunately not updated, and not made for RSS.

Edited by Skalou

Nice!

What is the ETC mod do you speak about guys, do i miss something?

for the ariane5 and other ESA stuffs there is this mod:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/12106-0-23-5-Lionhead-Aerospace-Inc-Probes-and-Landers-Pack-updated

but unfortunately not updated, and not made for RSS.

ETC is short for Engine Thrust Controller and is basically a plugin that adjusts/controls the thrust limiter of solid rocket boosters as their fuel decreases. It is not a good thing to have the SRBs going at full power whilst the fuel is running out. That will lead to the TWR getting way to high and is not realistic. ETC is extremely useful as times, hence why I am working on configuring my launchers for this mod.

Yes Yogui87s mods are wonderful! The ESA pack doesn't currently work with KSP v.1.0.4 as nodes need flipping and engines needs to be re-configured. Hopefully he does update the ESA mod so that people who do not play in RSSRO can enjoy his launchers.

My mod is meant for Real Solar System and the launchers are much to powerful for stock KSP. This mod is not meant for every single KSP player, but serves more as a realism pack for the more advanced players.

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool.

But can you make configs for Stock like the Vega?

ETC decrease the Thrust of the Boosters. First you have 100% then it slowly decrease to 0% when it is empty.

Yes I will eventually make custom configs for stock KSP. My main priority however is making these launchers for RSSRO. But I can surely include stock configs in the next update.

Isn't there already a mod to add a stock alike Vega and Ariane 6 for the stock sized planet that you just so happen to be the owner of?
It was shut down for several reasons. Don't bring this up again.

Also, Liquidhype, what if you made an Athena rocket? It's basically an American Vega.

Ugh, why did you have to get rid of the stock configs? It really doesn't take much effort to make them...

They kind of got lost in the headache that was updating this mod :) I'll add them back in. Just have to configure the new launchers for stock, which takes some trial and error to find the correct balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't there already a mod to add a stock alike Vega and Ariane 6 for the stock sized planet that you just so happen to be the owner of?

Well the only mod that has all the european launchers is Yogui87s European Historical pack. Problem is, none of Yogui87s Lionhead mods have been updated since 0.25. I'd be happy to maintain them. They are easy enough to update, seeing as most Lionhead mods are parts packs, which only needs minor re-balancing, node flipping and configuring the different engines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.